Capcom: "Our ideas are more important than what the fans ask for..."

#41King AzarPosted 10/3/2012 4:36:52 PM
Aliens does NOT utilize the same kind of horror as Alien, but nice try.
---
Jack Nicholson is the only man alive that can make dancing to Prince, scary.
#42SickWickinsonPosted 10/3/2012 4:38:51 PM
CKnight posted...
Look at movies. You have Alien where a team of scientists are being picked off one by one, by an unknown alien monster. Then you have Aliens where a group of tough talking marines are gunning down in what seems like a small army of said aliens.

That's a terrible example considering that I have never seen anyone call Aliens anything other than a Sci-Fi action flick.
#43Ehhhhhhhhh89Posted 10/3/2012 4:39:19 PM
I still don't understand why it's a big deal honestly. It's Capcom's product, not yours. I'd consider myself a fan since I've played most of these games, and I'd say I like the direction it's going in. No longer is it relying on cheap scares, but actual atmosphere, combat, and story. Honestly I did not like the originals because the controls were clunky. Why rely on fixed camera angles when you can look at your enemies now?

Please somebody explain to me what made the originals so much better than the new ones, because honestly i found the originals lacking in a lot of areas. They weren't even all that scary. Sure maybe a few parts made you jump, but that was it. I'm not saying these are, but the originals didn't really scare that much either. I find the only difference to be overall better voice acting in the new ones (not perfect) and more things to do other than pointless puzzles.

In the originals I had to ask " I'm in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, but I have to find some random objects to unlock a door?" And before a I get flamed, I asked the same questions during 4 and 5, but I did not have to ask as much since puzzles weren't a big focus. Do you realize how badly this game would suck if they used the old system? It'd be terrible, so they had to make changes. This is all my opinion of course.

I wish they allowed tabs and actual paragraphing on here, but I hope this is a little more readable than a giant block of text.
---
PSN:omegachuck23 " Failure will spell doom for the human race" Roy Campbell
#44biohazardoud856Posted 10/3/2012 4:40:55 PM
GodSlayer66 posted...
This is ripping of GoW not CoD. Get your rip offs right for christs sake

By that logic... if this is ripping of GoW, GoW was ripping off RE4
#45mylulugirlPosted 10/3/2012 4:42:00 PM
squiggy9996999 posted...
people who make great games don't owe fans anything, fans owe them.

Who spends $60.00 on their products? It's us, the fans.

Now, I agree that they have to create their games the way they want. But this is the same attitude they've taken with the DmC reboot. To ignore your fans completely is not good either, after all, we'll be the ones who will buy their games... or not.

This coming from someone who will buy RE6, but didn't buy RE5. Capcom creates the games and I decide if I buy it or not. But the more you create a product the fans like, the better the sales. No?
#46Sailor GoonPosted 10/3/2012 4:43:42 PM
I'd rather the devs come up with their own ideas than them listen to the lame monotonous ideas from fans.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#47Syn_VengeancePosted 10/3/2012 4:44:26 PM
xKazerux posted...
DarkchocolateX posted...
Don't care, RE6 is a great game and i'm enjoying it big time.

---
Currently playing: RE5(PS3), MGS HD(Vita), GR:FS(PS3), Resistance:BS(vita)
#48rts11220Posted 10/3/2012 4:47:35 PM
agrissa posted...
"Itís our job to create a new gaming experience and to offer them something thatís fresh and challenging."

LOL but they're not creating a new gaming experience. They ripped off CoD and made the game into generic shooter #4435. It's neither fresh nor challenging. Capcom needs better PR.

this post gave me cancer -_-. WHEN did cod get a definition of its own? you want a GENERIC shooter? try homefront, brink, and binary domain. re6 is anything but generic
---
this sig sucks
#49Hannibal_WeskerPosted 10/3/2012 4:57:06 PM
I think he's pretending to be anartist when he says that. Like, what Capcom comes up with is more about satisfying their own needs as artists, rather than aiming for a specific target audience.

The problem is that while logic like that CAN apply to videogames, those are small budget indie games, not multi million dollar juggernaut franchise games being released by the people who helped make the industry into what it is today...

That would be like trying to say that underware you buy at Walmart is a true work of art, because the people who designed it didn't care what you thaught about what they were doing. The logic just dosn't work there.

All the same, I'm enjoying RE6 and REALLY enjoying all the RE4 fanboy butthurt over it. To me, as a classic RE fanatic, RE4 was the end of an era, and all the little kiddies told me to get over myself and just have fun with their s***y little game on their inferrior little console. Now I get to tell THEM to get over themselves and just have fun, and I ****ing LOVE it!
#50CKnightPosted 10/3/2012 4:57:26 PM
SickWickinson posted...
CKnight posted...
Look at movies. You have Alien where a team of scientists are being picked off one by one, by an unknown alien monster. Then you have Aliens where a group of tough talking marines are gunning down in what seems like a small army of said aliens.

That's a terrible example considering that I have never seen anyone call Aliens anything other than a Sci-Fi action flick.

Alien is sci-fi horror and the sequel Aliens is sci-fi action.

The original RE games are pure survival horror. The current ones could be labeled as action horror or whatever you want.

But like the Alien series as a whole you have one franchise spanning multiple genres yet the core of killer alien Xenomorphs still being present.

The current RE games may not fit snuggly into the genre you once enjoyed but the current games are still very much RE. It's still considered horror. Aliens still had its scares and tension despite the injection of action,.