Capcom: "Our ideas are more important than what the fans ask for..."

#71Chaos_MissilePosted 10/3/2012 6:49:25 PM(edited)

"Which is why we thought up of the brilliant idea to cancel both Megaman Universe AND Megaman Legends 3 because they're not feasible enough, eventhough fans has been asking for TEN YEARS for the later. Instead, we're reusing the Legends 3 assets to create a BRAND NEW NEVER-BEFORE HEARD, SEEN OR TESTED IP and call it a spiritual sequel to a game that could'nt make us more money than we can hold in our greedy hands."

"We also think that we should deserve money for all our efforts to increase game replayability and have thus included DISC-LOCKED CONTENT while asking the consumers to pay full price for a half-finished game before we decide to release a FULLY UPDATED version SIX MONTHS LATER for the SAME ASKING PRICE as the inferior version"

"We also dont believe our mascot lawyer is bringing it lots of money for us; so we decided to withheld 2 anticipated games from them. And this is after fan-petitions and MASSIVE fan joy when they were announced"
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#72roadtosalvationPosted 10/3/2012 6:45:17 PM
I can't believe I wasted any time at all reading this stupid thread... maybe I don't dislike newer games... maybe I dislike the people that play them. Seriously, fifty million threads and NO ONE can have a civilized conservation. Geez! No wonder the boards here are a joke.
#73ChargrilledPosted 10/3/2012 6:52:51 PM
Don't care, RE6 is a great game and i'm enjoying it big time.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#74The_Undying_84Posted 10/3/2012 7:02:01 PM
GodSlayer66 posted...
This is ripping of GoW not CoD. Get your rip offs right for christs sake

I agree. I do not consider that to be a good thing though (not to say that you do, don't really know). GoW is all around better as a third person shooter, and I think both are terrible enough story wise that I don't care about that facet of the game at all.

But the CoD references are understandable as Capcom themselves mentioned it.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#75zuzu304Posted 10/3/2012 7:02:45 PM
when will people stop comparing everything to cod? I even see videos of racing games where people comment "nur hur better than cod!" Like seriously, leave cod alone guys.

Anyway, yes re6 has drifted away from horror it used to be in turn for more action.

Therefore every game now = action movie!!!
---
GT: theplaya123
psn: rack1overload
#76Shadow ReaverPosted 10/3/2012 7:05:59 PM
my biggest gripe is that you can now "run and gun" you dont have to think about your shots anymore. the old style controls had you thinking about when and where to shoot from.

i am not saying "dont evolve" but i have heard so many complaints at work about people running out of ammo in this game already. my first question is "were you running and gunning?" and they always say yes. i still STOP and aim, i play Dead Space the same way even though you can move in that one too.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
#77JamesLiv1Posted 10/3/2012 7:09:16 PM
"Our ideas are more important than what the fans ask for...""

This mindset is the reason there hasn't been new life breathed into the Mega Man games in forever. The franchise still has fans and there is infinite potential with the systems on the market today.

There was absolutely no reason to cancel Universe, Legends 3, or to push further back, the GBA version of Collection (with the 5 GB games) other than they didn't feel like continuing with the development.
#78BillysanPosted 10/3/2012 7:15:11 PM
People are spinning his comment around to suit there own needs.

This is how every developer works. A videogame is never in the fans control.

Besides quicktime events this is pretty much what I expect RE6 to be like. I mean it still has some horror atmosphere.. More so than RE5 actually and it's more difficult to stay alive than RE5.

The gameplay isn't broken either.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#79YO456Posted 10/3/2012 7:18:46 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...

"Which is why we thought up of the brilliant idea to cancel both Megaman Universe AND Megaman Legends 3 because they're not feasible enough, eventhough fans has been asking for TEN YEARS for the later. Instead, we're reusing the Legends 3 assets to create a BRAND NEW NEVER-BEFORE HEARD, SEEN OR TESTED IP and call it a spiritual sequel to a game that could'nt make us more money than we can hold in our greedy hands."

a BUSINESS COMPANY not doing something because they think it wouldn`t be profitable? HOW DARE THEY??? Call the newspapers, we`re gonna blow this thing wide open!!

Chaos_Missile posted...
"We also think that we should deserve money for all our efforts to increase game replayability and have thus included DISC-LOCKED CONTENT while asking the consumers to pay full price for a half-finished game before we decide to release a FULLY UPDATED version SIX MONTHS LATER for the SAME ASKING PRICE as the inferior version"

This one I agree with, the disc locked content and updated versions of UMvC3 and SF4 were...really bad choices, to say the least.
---
Coronados de gloria vivamos
O juremos con gloria morir!
#80CKnightPosted 10/3/2012 7:38:56 PM
I really don't care for people's opinions on the state horror in films and television. Talking about it, is almost as bad as talking about music with message board jockeys. It's just a lot of overbearing opinions and linear thoughts. And I don't need a definition of horror, it's history or someone's personal check list. I know all about horror.

My point is that horror isn't limited to the same things people keep repeating. Horror can bleed into other genres and vice versa. And once you get over yourself and you're views of horror that seem to be set in stone, maybe you could see why Capcom did what they did and why they feel fast paced action and horror can coexist in the RE series.

But baby steps. One has to except that RE6 has horror even if its not the kind of horror they enjoy.

Don't care if you think it's bad horror or good. At least admit that its there.

Second you might want to except that Capcom wants action in the series.

You can then have a constructive thought of what Capcom should do, to balance the action along side gore, monsters, atmosphere and other elements that you like.

But if all so called "true" RE fans(I use the term loosely) have to say is thats not horror, this is horror and then regurgitate some list. Capcom will tell you to go screw and RE will be made the way they want. Or more accurately the way casual players find most appealing.