Capcom: "Our ideas are more important than what the fans ask for..."

#91Dr_KainPosted 10/3/2012 8:51:08 PM
LeonPlisken posted...
Can we stop comparing this to CoD? Seriously, its not a valid comparison.

- RE6 does not have 12 year olds screaming racial slurs
- CoD does not have a cover system
- CoD is a first person competitive shooter, RE6 is a third person cooperative shooter

I admit, there are valid comparisons, but not enough so to call this a cheap CoD cashin on gamers. Chris's campaign is definitely trying to pull that crowd in, but I can't say I thought of CoD even once in Leon's campaign.

You're right. RE6 is more like Gears of War than CoD.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#92Dr_KainPosted 10/3/2012 8:53:52 PM
Either way, after playing through Leon's campaign, RE has become The Simpsons of the video game world.
---
#93Chaos_MissilePosted 10/3/2012 8:58:43 PM
YO456 posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...

"Which is why we thought up of the brilliant idea to cancel both Megaman Universe AND Megaman Legends 3 because they're not feasible enough, eventhough fans has been asking for TEN YEARS for the later. Instead, we're reusing the Legends 3 assets to create a BRAND NEW NEVER-BEFORE HEARD, SEEN OR TESTED IP and call it a spiritual sequel to a game that could'nt make us more money than we can hold in our greedy hands."

a BUSINESS COMPANY not doing something because they think it wouldn`t be profitable? HOW DARE THEY??? Call the newspapers, we`re gonna blow this thing wide open!!

Which is why I emphasis on the BRAND NEW NEVER-BEFORE HEARD, SEEN OR TESTED IP since apparently a new IP will sell more copies than an established one.

Then again... *looks at RE6 and the comparisons to Michael Bay and COD* Capcom seems to believe that RE is more established for a genre change than creating a new IP with RE6's gameplay.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#94Dr_KainPosted 10/3/2012 9:01:49 PM
There is a problem when I cannot tell the difference between the movies and games anymore.
---
#95Rickoon5Posted 10/3/2012 9:01:56 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
YO456 posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...

"Which is why we thought up of the brilliant idea to cancel both Megaman Universe AND Megaman Legends 3 because they're not feasible enough, eventhough fans has been asking for TEN YEARS for the later. Instead, we're reusing the Legends 3 assets to create a BRAND NEW NEVER-BEFORE HEARD, SEEN OR TESTED IP and call it a spiritual sequel to a game that could'nt make us more money than we can hold in our greedy hands."

a BUSINESS COMPANY not doing something because they think it wouldn`t be profitable? HOW DARE THEY??? Call the newspapers, we`re gonna blow this thing wide open!!

Which is why I emphasis on the BRAND NEW NEVER-BEFORE HEARD, SEEN OR TESTED IP since apparently a new IP will sell more copies than an established one.

Then again... *looks at RE6 and the comparisons to Michael Bay and COD* Capcom seems to believe that RE is more established for a genre change than creating a new IP with RE6's gameplay.

Did...did you just quote yourself in your sig...?
---
"I'll do whatever it takes."
#96jacobfilyaw22Posted 10/3/2012 9:22:25 PM
solstriderx posted...
You know, Capcom has been kinda irritating me with the DLC nonsense, and it's easy to see that..They want to make money so they do nonsense like that.

But after reading that statement and playing this game; I totally respect them. Fans should be catered to, but not at the cost of the vision of the story and a great game.
Oh and the Mass Effect 3 hoopla is a perfect example of this. I think the original ending to the game, and lack of real choices at the final outcome WAS BRILLIANT!! It pissed you off, and made you feel like everything the player did, ultimately did not matter..and THAT WAS THE POINT. IT resonated with you. It pulled you in and had the balls to mess with you like that. Instead we hear the cries of people who just don't get it and want to be pampered....

I agree, Bioware should have never changed or added to the ending of ME3!
---
"Chuck Norris was in charge of tightening up teh grafix on Crysis. Any game trying for better is doomed for epic fail." -Vrack
#97Arcell_GarzaPosted 10/3/2012 9:27:06 PM
"We do listen to the fans, but we canít be beholden to them at every turn or I donít think weíll ever make progress in terms of the seriesí development."

I agree with this statement at least. Most fans are stupid and have no idea what's actually good for a game or the series. Very few actually have any good ideas. Fan input should be taken into some consideration but the developers should follow their vision for the game. They set out to make something they had in mind, can't let whiny fans compromise that drastically.
---
Monster Hunter Tri - Arcell (LLEQ3Q)
#98xsniper90xPosted 10/3/2012 9:27:14 PM
cawwadoodie is for little kids who like to scream "joo r a n00b f4gg0t! stahp taken mah kills joo f4gg0t!!"

re6 is for people who like to play in cooperation and have a story to follow and like to enjoy a video game, not play for video game fame which will not make your life any better.
---
psn: hitman555z
i just grew a third peg leg, dood! - prinny
#99sneakysnakePosted 10/3/2012 9:33:19 PM
"We want the Call of Duty audience." - Dave Turner

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/20/written-in-the-s-t-a-r-s-capcom-dreams-of-cod-fans-playing-res/
---
PSN: sneakysnake128
#100blankempathyPosted 10/3/2012 9:42:13 PM
Arcell_Garza posted...
"We do listen to the fans, but we canít be beholden to them at every turn or I donít think weíll ever make progress in terms of the seriesí development."

I agree with this statement at least. Most fans are stupid and have no idea what's actually good for a game or the series. Very few actually have any good ideas. Fan input should be taken into some consideration but the developers should follow their vision for the game. They set out to make something they had in mind, can't let whiny fans compromise that drastically.

You believe that nonsense? I'm sure dragon age 2 was the developers vision they had when they created the game. This game reaks of capcom trying to maximize their profits. From the short development time to the huge development team. Also the overly cinematic gameplay to appeal to mainstream audiences more. They couldn't even bother to properly lip sync the character outside of the cg scenes. Is it still better then dragon age 2? Yea but there are signs that this game was rushed out to make money.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler