Denial river.

#41solidhedgehogPosted 10/3/2012 9:21:21 PM
poopnolan posted...
solidhedgehog posted...
Dr_Kain posted...
However, once I took off the fanboy goggles, I realized how ***** they were. The same goes for various 80s cartoons. Take the nostalgia goggles off and you wonder what the hell you were smoking as a child.

hmmm kind of how some folks think the old nostalgic RE was better with its worse controls just as corny story line, stilted graphics which even by 2 critics said were dated. I loved the old games, but the new ones play better thats a fact, and horror is subjective ive been tense and nervous playing this and have jumped a few times too. its all subjective.

What do you mean by "the new ones"? Do you include 5 in the mix? Do you have the audacity to toss 6 there as well?

The original RE's obviously have dated visuals and controls. There is a steep learning curve when someone would played the 4th game decides to start at the origin. But its not the games fault that you're mentally unable to learn how to control the game and overlook its visuals, its yours. There is a reason this series is (was) a beloved one, its because we had gems such as 0,REmake,2,3, and even 4 and 5 to some extent.

its beloved because it was new, at the time, after pumping out 4 sequels which all played the same and never evolved the series started bombing. I love the old games because i grew up with them and love the universe there in but the 4-6 is technically a more polished game and to say the older games are technically better is just being blind.
---
Next time I come for you, I'm gonna want some cocktail... FRUIT! -Nasty Nate
#42MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 10/4/2012 1:58:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#43Dr_KainPosted 10/4/2012 6:50:23 AM
solidhedgehog posted...
its beloved because it was new, at the time, after pumping out 4 sequels which all played the same and never evolved the series started bombing. I love the old games because i grew up with them and love the universe there in but the 4-6 is technically a more polished game and to say the older games are technically better is just being blind.

Them being technically better isn't the issue. The problem is, the new games are no different than any other game on the market. The older games were different and it was something unique for one to play if you were tired of playing the same type of games over.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#44RafedxPosted 10/4/2012 6:57:37 AM
TC, the amount of opinions people refuse to accept is pathetic. Who really cares if people like it or are finding some enjoyment with the game? Does it bother you? Do you break out in boils when someone likes something you deem to be garbage and pathetic? Yeah I didn't think so.

People really need to get over themselves. Everyone knows RE6 is not what people wanted, everyone knows its not better than some of the past titles, thing is NO ONE CARES, they are still enjoying it for what it is, and some douche bags come in here and call people pathetic when they defend it or even like it. We know some critics slammed the game, we know people don't like it, so get over the fact there are people out there who do like it.

Anyone coming in here and bashing peoples taste in video games and berating anyone who is enjoying the title is REALLY pathetic, get over it no one cares that you don't like it, and no one should care when people do like it.

Personally, its alright, I am having fun with it but there are some things that are pretty bad like the QTE, how close the camera is combined with how damn dark it is, thing is I am still enjoying the game despite its problems, get over the fact people are playing it and move on with your life.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every Wednesday
#45Masemune_100Posted 10/4/2012 7:03:40 AM
Oh hey it's this topic again!
Seriously, the game isn't perfect.......AT ALL, but going around acting all high and mighty because your tastes are "above" this game isn't helping anyone. You aren't convincing anyone that the game is bad if they like it and you're just restating what everyone who thinks like you said in all the topics before this. It's a severe waste of time that you are spending on a game you hate that you could be using playing something else.
---
Who is the Milkman?
#46NINFanboyPosted 10/4/2012 7:05:13 AM
First post translates to, "I didn't play it, but since it got a few bad ratings, it just must be bad and you guys are idiots for trying to think for yourselves."
---
"Oh, are they merely crying, father?"
"Yes, true weeping is yet to come."
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
#47Trespasser2003Posted 10/4/2012 7:07:54 AM
I've read way more positive reviews than negative.
---
scott came. ugly face so killed him. 4// itchy. tasty.
#48Eternal_Dream21Posted 10/4/2012 7:17:18 AM
TC is the definition of a sophist. Although, I'll admit that he's quite good at it.
#49wh0_kn0wsPosted 10/4/2012 7:17:24 AM
rule 19, b****
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#50MetalGearPoosePosted 10/4/2012 7:19:22 AM
I totally agree TC!!! I know exactly what you're talking about because I was one of the sheep when FF13 came out. I kept defending it and defending it until I finally beat the game and had to admit that it was steaming pile of garbage. :/ But just like RE, I had been playing final fantasy games since I was a child and I just didn't want to admit that it was trash. :(

This time though, I'm not fooled. I played the demo for RE6. It was just so frustratingly bad.
---
^Of course, this is just MY opinion.