4.5 Million sold! Sup haters!?

#11LukeStrife5Posted 10/4/2012 1:33:46 AM
KillingHarder posted...
LukeStrife5 posted...
KillingHarder posted...
LukeStrife5 posted...
Not a hater but someone should teach you that shipped =/= sold.

Someone should tell you that shipped=ordered from stores to replenish stock which means the game has sold well.

And someone should tell you that that still doesn't mean 4.5 million copies sold.

To Capcom it's a sale since those stores have already paid for those copies. Seriously you can't be this oblivious to how things work....

I'm aware that Capcom makes money regardless, which is fine, but it doesn't really mean much in terms of putting this in the "haters" faces because it confirms nothing for how the game did with the consumer. The entire point of this is to shove it down the haters throats bragging that this game is doing good but the point doesn't hold much weight when you could find out that only 20% of those shipped copies were sold to customers.

Also ORC sold more than 10 million copies? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It barely sold over a million copies for the Ps3 and 360.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#12KillingHarderPosted 10/4/2012 1:35:45 AM
But why would stores order more copies if they ones they have aren't sold out? That doesn't make any sense. Are you that desperate to hate the game?
---
If you have the term "Official ___ of the __ board" in your signature, you probably hate yourself and don't realize you can't cosplay on boards. GTFO!
#13LukeStrife5Posted 10/4/2012 1:38:14 AM
KillingHarder posted...
But why would stores order more copies if they ones they have aren't sold out? That doesn't make any sense. Are you that desperate to hate the game?

The game can sell amazingly well the first few days then, when word of mouth gets around that reviews are bad, it can drop in sales drastically. Or they could order lots of copies due to expected huge sales since it's an incredibly popular title.

And desperate to hate the game? I love the game.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#14supershadonicPosted 10/4/2012 1:38:19 AM
Retail stores have know idea what they are in for.

Anyhow, just to let you guys know, overstating sales isn't any different than biased reviews and this has been done in the past as well... It's been like 2 days that the game came out and it sells 4.5 million... who else could be willing to believe that. Mario doesnt sell 4.5 in 2 days.
#15OhYouCowardPosted 10/4/2012 1:40:05 AM
I don't get your argument. Are you trying to imply that by selling more copies of the game it will suddenly get better?
#16RockmanZeroEXEPosted 10/4/2012 1:41:44 AM
LukeStrife5 posted...
KillingHarder posted...
LukeStrife5 posted...
KillingHarder posted...
LukeStrife5 posted...
Not a hater but someone should teach you that shipped =/= sold.

Someone should tell you that shipped=ordered from stores to replenish stock which means the game has sold well.

And someone should tell you that that still doesn't mean 4.5 million copies sold.

To Capcom it's a sale since those stores have already paid for those copies. Seriously you can't be this oblivious to how things work....

I'm aware that Capcom makes money regardless, which is fine, but it doesn't really mean much in terms of putting this in the "haters" faces because it confirms nothing for how the game did with the consumer. The entire point of this is to shove it down the haters throats bragging that this game is doing good but the point doesn't hold much weight when you could find out that only 20% of those shipped copies were sold to customers.

Also ORC sold more than 10 million copies? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It barely sold over a million copies for the Ps3 and 360.

Not to upset you, but I could have sworn that they sold at least over a million... which was quite unfortunate :(.... At least 2 million if you simply google it.... whether it's a success or not, though is another topic I rather not get into
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#17john293603Posted 10/4/2012 1:42:22 AM
OhYouCoward posted...
I don't get your argument. Are you trying to imply that by selling more copies of the game it will suddenly get better?

Yes that how its alway has been since Mario brother
#18BrodystfuPosted 10/4/2012 1:42:23 AM
Some websites will review a game poorly when they have a vendetta. Either the people reviewing, or the website/company themselves. They didn't get an interview with a designer, or the game didn't want to advertise with the website. It's old news, but it happens a lot more than you'd think with websites.
---
I am a female. Kthx.
#19LukeStrife5Posted 10/4/2012 1:43:56 AM
Except it didn't SELL anything close to that many copies. I get from a financial point of view it doesn't matter but you are really missing the point. The 4.5 million copies are the initial shipment AROUND THE WORLD. The shipment for a game series that has a huge amount of hype.

Uncharted 3 shipped 3.8 million copies it's first few days. Wanna know how many it sold in its first week? Just a bit over a million.

Sorry to break it to you but 4.5 million copies shipped does not mean that 4.5 million gamers are sitting at home with this game. A good two million are probably sitting in stores on shelves.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#20john293603Posted 10/4/2012 1:44:41 AM
The reason gamespot gave re6 a 4.5 is they couldn't afford the game so they play the demo