4.5 Million sold! Sup haters!?

#151ArsicPosted 10/4/2012 8:13:16 AM
4.3 million sold. Still a bad game. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9vo0mCVee1qaxlbb.jpg
---
Intel i7 2600K -- Asus P8Z68-V Pro -- 8GB Corsair Vengeance -- SLI [EVGA GTX 580 + Zotac GTX 580] -- Corsair Hydro Series H100 -- Corsair Obsidian 650D
#152vitonemesisPosted 10/4/2012 8:15:08 AM
LOL doesn't matter if shipped. Capcom sees shipped as sold, they already made profit.

Haters and moronic reviewers failed to make this not sell.
#153galfasanta1111Posted 10/4/2012 8:16:29 AM
vitonemesis posted...
LOL doesn't matter if shipped. Capcom sees shipped as sold, they already made profit.

Haters? People want to see RE return to it's roots, which is a survival horror.

They don't want to play Call of Duty: Raccoon City.
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | GTX 580 | 8GB DDR3 | 875W
#154sion041391Posted 10/4/2012 8:19:01 AM
galfasanta1111 posted...
vitonemesis posted...

Haters? People want to see RE return to it's roots, which is a survival horror.

They don't want to play Call of Duty: Raccoon City.

The people who say this are really stupid.
#155Blackmarvel79Posted 10/4/2012 8:28:04 AM
LukeStrife5 posted...
KillingHarder posted...
LukeStrife5 posted...
KillingHarder posted...
LukeStrife5 posted...
Not a hater but someone should teach you that shipped =/= sold.

Someone should tell you that shipped=ordered from stores to replenish stock which means the game has sold well.

And someone should tell you that that still doesn't mean 4.5 million copies sold.

To Capcom it's a sale since those stores have already paid for those copies. Seriously you can't be this oblivious to how things work....

I'm aware that Capcom makes money regardless, which is fine, but it doesn't really mean much in terms of putting this in the "haters" faces because it confirms nothing for how the game did with the consumer. The entire point of this is to shove it down the haters throats bragging that this game is doing good but the point doesn't hold much weight when you could find out that only 20% of those shipped copies were sold to customers.

Also ORC sold more than 10 million copies? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It barely sold over a million copies for the Ps3 and 360.

Nice try. Capcom reported over 1.5 million preorders in the US. over 90 percent of those were picked up day 1 fo sho.
---
Currently playing God of War Saga.
#156RD_21Posted 10/4/2012 8:33:29 AM
tyrant6 posted...
First I'm shocked at how many people here can't read here.The story says shipped not sold

Second let me explain how retailer and sales figures work because apparently some of you don't understand.a retailer,GameStop Amazon WalMart ect,will order a certain number of copies,in RE6's case 4.5 million,based on various factors.These include things like preorder numbers,media attention,marketing saturation like tv magazine and Internet ads,and industry analyst like Micheal Pachter sales prediction.More things can go into this but these are generally the most important.Also the are only projections and a large misestimation of demand,either good or bad,can happen.Then the publisher sends the requested amount,provided they can manufacture enough,to a retailers main warehouse at about $50,yes store generaly only get a $10 profit per new copy sold thus the large emphasis on the used market,a peice.The copies are then sent to a regional distribution center as needed to aide in faster restocking

Now if a game is vastly overstocked,which may happen here,the retailer has two options.One return unsold stock to the publisher for a refund.This doesn't happen much because a lot of red tape is involved and the publisher is only willing to refund what the game is currently worth.Meaning if a game is overstocked and is going unsold the MSRP can drop quite quickly.The second option is for the retailer to just sell the game at a reduced cost,at a loss to them,to get it off the shelf.In GameStop's case this works out good for them because the more copies on the street the more chance the game will come back in used so they can make an actual profit then taking a slight hit

Lastly sales figures are based on how many copies a retailer sold not by how many a publisher shipped.So shipped does not equal sold at anytime

I heard that when a retailer drop the price or make a sales the publisher is the one taking the hit, don't remember where exactly I saw that thought.
#157ZackG31Posted 10/4/2012 8:38:16 AM
Still sucks
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!
#158Brandy1977Posted 10/4/2012 8:41:12 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/04/resident-evil-6-ships-over-4-5-million-copies-worldwide/
#159TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 10/4/2012 8:45:28 AM
Lol @ arguing over this dumb **** like it's putting money in your pockets
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#160fioriPosted 10/4/2012 8:49:12 AM
Fact 1: Opinions are subjective.

Fact 2: RE 6 will probably sell a lot.

Fact 3: Resident Evil lives thanks to its name. The name sells. You could make a game where Spider Man has oral sex with his aunt. Then calls that game Resident Evil 7. It would be a s**t game, BUT people would buy thanks to the name.

Fact 4: TC is a moron. We're not haters, we just dislike the direction the games went. It's our views.

Fact 5: RE is what is, thanks to people who played and bought the previous and classic ones. YEAH, the ones with different controls that Call of Duty fans and casual fans disliked. If you really like RE 6, you should say "thank you" to RE0,1,2,3,CVX. Without them, you would play Call of Duty.

Fact 6: There isn't only 1 bad review, there are more. Try to read them, idiot.

Fact 7: Sales don't mean quality. You probably think Twilight movies had good material and oscar worthy performances.

Fact 8: I liked RE 4 for what it was. I refused to play RE 5, just watched gameplays on youtube. Now, after watching RE 6 on youtube, I can say that's NOT what I want. I won't give my money to them, unless they come back with what made us buying the previous games.

Fact 9: Fanboys are in denial with RE6. The game has some bugs and glitches that are absurd regarding a PS3. It's beyond hilarious that framerate issues and disappearing bodies keep being displayed on screen.

Fact 10: The only bit with survival horror is obviously Leon's campaign;