"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#172evillockePosted 10/4/2012 11:02:25 AM
caffiend7 posted...
Crapcom was right, American gamers are idiots

Racist much?
---
Offical Breloom of all pokemon boards.
R.I.P Final fantasy: November 18, 2003.
#173The_DjokerPosted 10/4/2012 11:07:29 AM(edited)
Ignorant kids on here need a lesson.

1. Shipments for "big name games are always high, this is because of the marketing programs the games are on and the retailers wanting to spend money promoting to sell the best selling games. RE6 was always going to have large shipment numbers because it's a RE game. However 4.5 is a bit too much. Capcom will find that out in the next few weeks.

2. The shipments are basically what the company projects to sell in the next month or so. 4.5 Million shipped is what Capcom want to sell in october/november. They might ship another million for xmas but It's unlikely.

3. Retailers have to sell copies of those shipments. Already in our store we've had 8 trade ins for RE6 of about 20 sold. We have tons of stock that hasn't been sold. And I can tell you right now we got loads of copies of RE6 in.

4. If Retailers don't sell copies of the game they will reduce the price to sell it. Preowned prices will also go down. Every preowned game sold Capcom don't get any money from it. The more preowned games sold the less games capcom will ship in the future.

From the 3 days this game has been on sale we've sold about 30 copies. That is quite pathetic for a big game like this. In the same time period we've sold over 500 copies of FIFA 13, we sold over 100 copies of Borderlands 2 during it's first few days. Now FIFA 13 sold 1 million in the UK n it's first 3 days. 1.7 Million in Europe and a further 0.5 million elsewhere around the world. That's just less than 2.5 million global in it's first week. Probably 2.1-2.8 million when the real numbers come out.

And you're telling me RE6 has sold 4.3 Million? I know some of you lot are stupid as hell but try and use your brain for a second. RE6 has probably sold about 700-800k copies combined globally first week(which is poor when RE5 sold 2 million). It will drop to half that next week. They might sell 3 million by xmas if they're lucky.

Going by Preorders RE6 is set to sell 180k on PS3 and 170k on 360 in US during it's first week. I'm sorry, but these "gigantic sales numbers" aren't real. Capcom have shipped as many copies as they going to sell for the next 5 months and with the % of trade-ins it might be even longer.

Here's a good indication on how to see if a game is selling well in relative to their shipment. Watch the Retail price during the next month or so. If RE6 goes down in price quickly then it hasn't sold well but has loads of copies shipped. That is what I predict for RE6.

now that this lesson is over I'm out.

---
http://s16.postimage.org/n9cmvufj7/Kagawa_djoker.png
#174capcat123Posted 10/4/2012 11:03:41 AM
does it mention how many were returned?
---
My Body Is Ready
#175StarBladeEdgePosted 10/4/2012 11:09:11 AM
The_Djoker posted...
I know some of you lot are stupid as hel

yeah you for example.doesn't like the game but still posting for his life.get attention elsewhere you piss me off.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw&feature=fvwrel
#176The_Undying_84Posted 10/4/2012 11:09:37 AM
LukeStrife5 posted...
KillingHarder posted...
But why would stores order more copies if they ones they have aren't sold out? That doesn't make any sense. Are you that desperate to hate the game?

The game can sell amazingly well the first few days then, when word of mouth gets around that reviews are bad, it can drop in sales drastically. Or they could order lots of copies due to expected huge sales since it's an incredibly popular title.

This. FFXIII is a good example, was the fastest selling FF game, but very few people will say it's anywhere near their favorite.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#177The_DjokerPosted 10/4/2012 11:12:28 AM
The_Djoker posted...
I know some of you lot are stupid as hel

yeah you for example.doesn't like the game but still posting for his life.get attention elsewhere you piss me off.

I'm talking about the morons in relation to this topic. If I piss you off for educating people then you have serious issues. Literally trolled by common sense. How pathetic do you have to be for that.
---
#178wh0_kn0wsPosted 10/4/2012 11:15:53 AM
caffiend7 posted...
Crapcom was right, American gamers are idiots

funny how they pander to them at the same time.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#179The_DjokerPosted 10/4/2012 11:17:54 AM
LukeStrife5 posted...
KillingHarder posted...
But why would stores order more copies if they ones they have aren't sold out? That doesn't make any sense. Are you that desperate to hate the game?

The game can sell amazingly well the first few days then, when word of mouth gets around that reviews are bad, it can drop in sales drastically. Or they could order lots of copies due to expected huge sales since it's an incredibly popular title.

This. FFXIII is a good example, was the fastest selling FF game, but very few people will say it's anywhere near their favorite.

It was the fastest selling globally but where did it end up? One of the worst selling post VI games even when it was on 2 Major platforms.
---
#180Sammonoske223Posted 10/4/2012 11:26:42 AM
So what if 4.5 copies shipped? Doesn't make it a good game. Looking at the reviews, the haters got the last laugh. Sorry to tell you that.