4.5 Million sold! Sup haters!?

#21RaydenUMK3Posted 10/4/2012 1:45:20 AM
I just posted this on a similar post on the 360 board, but shipped definitely does not mean sold, most likely this game is protected under "price protection", if you wanna read up on it http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/2661596?uid=3739864&uid=2&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21101108013723 , in short, this is where the retailer is refunded or rebated the price difference in the MSRP after a price drop is set by the publisher if sales are lackluster or the product is becomes obsolete.
---
Xbox Live Name: the Gau
#22LukeStrife5Posted 10/4/2012 1:47:47 AM
RockmanZeroEXE posted...
Not to upset you, but I could have sworn that they sold at least over a million... which was quite unfortunate :(.... At least 2 million if you simply google it.... whether it's a success or not, though is another topic I rather not get into

Except... It didn't sell two million copies. A simple google will show that the 360 version sold 0.61 million and the Ps3 version sold 0.95 million. I should have been a bit clearer in that I meant neither the Ps3 or 360 broke a million, combined they just did over 1.5 million.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#23OoSubaruoOPosted 10/4/2012 1:48:24 AM
Here's the thing, if Capcom did release a remade RE6 with changes that people didn't like and remade it to be like the old REs. I'd bet people would still complain about the tank controls, horrible camera angles, etc.

People will never be satisfied with Capcom anymore, people just love bashing them too much.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4cDULqYhkY
#24KujaaPosted 10/4/2012 1:52:43 AM
4.5 Million copys and no one on my friend list is playing it.
And there had been used copies UP on EBAY that sold for 30-40$ last nite. There are still a few used copies up on EBAY for about 40$ with no return policy lol.
I dont know what that could mean. . .
#25tuznecotePosted 10/4/2012 1:53:42 AM
I have said time and time again that this game will be the best selling RE game ever but would be the worse.

One of my predictions has come true we have to wait 3 weeks for the next when everyone gets down from the initial excitement of the game and start to realise what everyone has said all along.
#26RyuuHou25Posted 10/4/2012 2:03:11 AM
KillingHarder posted...
LukeStrife5 posted...
Not a hater but someone should teach you that shipped =/= sold.

Someone should tell you that shipped=ordered from stores to replenish stock which means the game has sold well.

Bad dum dum. No gum gum for you.

No, it doesn't. Most "stores" do noteven order stock any more in this day and age, their corporate headquarters determines how much of whatever any particular store will get for anything, and THEN if the store itself sells out of whatever, they can request more.

Shipped, simply means that all these stores have a butt ton of copies of said game. This does not mean they are 100% sold, because the stores can return them to corporate, who then go and return them back to Capcom if they are unable to sell them at slashed prices.

Uh DURRRRR
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#27banana360Posted 10/4/2012 2:03:21 AM
dr_zomberg posted...
sorry luke but KH is right.
if its shipped, its a sale.

also, ORC, considered to be a horible game, sold 10M

This. Sales =/= quality.
I desperately hope this doesn't become the FFXIII or RE games where the only defence fanboys have is "lulsailz"

Maybe the board will have it's own Snowx guy, you know, the robot completely blind to reason and uses the sales argument to counter any reasonable criticism?
---
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice
#28calvin_0Posted 10/4/2012 2:11:09 AM
just because the product sold well, it certainly doesnt mean its good. justin bieber and rebecca black is a good example of it.

remember the famous saying, "There's a sucker born every minute".
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#29john293603Posted 10/4/2012 2:11:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30jgrulzPosted 10/4/2012 2:39:49 AM
Units sold isn't always an indicator of quality. A good example is Bieber. Many superior artists would love to have his sales numbers. TC your point is moot.
---
GameFaqs. Where opinions pose as facts and opposite opinions are seen as trolling.