4.5 Million sold! Sup haters!?

#221Kyodai_dbostickPosted 10/4/2012 3:42:54 PM
The game is pretty good, but no perfect. I'm having a blast with it so far!
---
PSN ID: dbostick
3DS- dbostick:1805-2579-7230
#222hitechgraphsPosted 10/4/2012 4:36:55 PM
Still not getting it, not even care,demo was super bad so I don't think I even this statements will change my mind.
#223King AzarPosted 10/4/2012 5:01:41 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
v
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0MCqkx6auE
^
|
|
|
|
|
|
---
Jack Nicholson is the only man alive that can make dancing to Prince, scary.
#224XflowrightPosted 10/4/2012 5:14:58 PM
Played the demo, and was horrified RE is going to the same direction as the splinter cell series, complete utter crap. It sucks knowing something you love turns against you. At least I still have my grand theft autos, metal gear solid and my pokemanz. We're losing quality in everything music,movies and even video games.
---
HALO ISH TH3 B45T G4M3 SERRIUS OF ALL T1M3
#225cruxitoPosted 10/4/2012 6:58:36 PM
fiori posted...
Fact 1: Opinions are subjective.

Fact 2: RE 6 will probably sell a lot.

Fact 3: Resident Evil lives thanks to its name. The name sells. You could make a game where Spider Man has oral sex with his aunt. Then calls that game Resident Evil 7. It would be a s**t game, BUT people would buy thanks to the name.

Fact 4: TC is a moron. We're not haters, we just dislike the direction the games went. It's our views.

Fact 5: RE is what is, thanks to people who played and bought the previous and classic ones. YEAH, the ones with different controls that Call of Duty fans and casual fans disliked. If you really like RE 6, you should say "thank you" to RE0,1,2,3,CVX. Without them, you would play Call of Duty.

Fact 6: There isn't only 1 bad review, there are more. Try to read them, idiot.

Fact 7: Sales don't mean quality. You probably think Twilight movies had good material and oscar worthy performances.

Fact 8: I liked RE 4 for what it was. I refused to play RE 5, just watched gameplays on youtube. Now, after watching RE 6 on youtube, I can say that's NOT what I want. I won't give my money to them, unless they come back with what made us buying the previous games.

Fact 9: Fanboys are in denial with RE6. The game has some bugs and glitches that are absurd regarding a PS3. It's beyond hilarious that framerate issues and disappearing bodies keep being displayed on screen.

Fact 10: The only bit with survival horror is obviously Leon's campaign;

Fact 11; Sheeps(casual)crowds have Killed Silent Hill, Call Of Duty and now Resident evil Franchise.

Fact 12: Casuals such as urself are the reason games have on-disk-lock content, DLC day one- DLC store exclusivity, poor made games
---
I Love Your Christ. I Do Not Like Your Christians. They Are So Unlike Christ.
#226juliomon7Posted 10/5/2012 5:39:55 AM
cruxito posted...
fiori posted...
Fact 1: Opinions are subjective.

Fact 2: RE 6 will probably sell a lot.

Fact 3: Resident Evil lives thanks to its name. The name sells. You could make a game where Spider Man has oral sex with his aunt. Then calls that game Resident Evil 7. It would be a s**t game, BUT people would buy thanks to the name.

Fact 4: TC is a moron. We're not haters, we just dislike the direction the games went. It's our views.

Fact 5: RE is what is, thanks to people who played and bought the previous and classic ones. YEAH, the ones with different controls that Call of Duty fans and casual fans disliked. If you really like RE 6, you should say "thank you" to RE0,1,2,3,CVX. Without them, you would play Call of Duty.

Fact 6: There isn't only 1 bad review, there are more. Try to read them, idiot.

Fact 7: Sales don't mean quality. You probably think Twilight movies had good material and oscar worthy performances.

Fact 8: I liked RE 4 for what it was. I refused to play RE 5, just watched gameplays on youtube. Now, after watching RE 6 on youtube, I can say that's NOT what I want. I won't give my money to them, unless they come back with what made us buying the previous games.

Fact 9: Fanboys are in denial with RE6. The game has some bugs and glitches that are absurd regarding a PS3. It's beyond hilarious that framerate issues and disappearing bodies keep being displayed on screen.

Fact 10: The only bit with survival horror is obviously Leon's campaign;

Fact 11; Sheeps(casual)crowds have Killed Silent Hill, Call Of Duty and now Resident evil Franchise.

Fact 12: Casuals such as urself are the reason games have on-disk-lock content, DLC day one- DLC store exclusivity, poor made games

At least Silent Hill have the decency of staying as a survival horror game with Downpour, but RE...

Anyway, I read all 12 facts and agree with them except that I don't blame "casuals" (I hate these hardcore/casual categories that was invented) for the diminish of quality of video games. Everyone had a part on this, both suppliers and consumers. Suppliers want to make money and consumers will buy it just because of the name. I'm afraid this is the new standard now and we old timers(better description than hardcore) will have to either move on or adapt to this situation.
#227MashYouGoodPosted 10/5/2012 6:09:19 AM
Shipped =/= sold.

Have you ever been to the back of a bakery? Seen those dumpsters full of bread? >shipped
#228ChikaraXPosted 10/5/2012 6:30:30 AM
MashYouGood posted...
Shipped =/= sold.
Have you ever been to the back of a bakery? Seen those dumpsters full of bread? >shipped

You forgot:
High Sales automatically means it's a great game.

*humpf* Sales say nothing about how good or bad a game is.. There have been good games with low sales and piles of crap with high sales.

In Holland you can't rent games 'cause It's against the law!.. Does the game come with a code? If it does you can't trade it in (If there's no code some stores will allow you to trade within 24h)

I bought RE6.. I'm playing it.. And.. Well.. Not good.. Not bad.. It's just.. Replace the characters and name it ZombieYuMi ;) and nobody would have even know it was a Resident Evil game.

*humpf* I had to go out.. It took me 35 minutes of playing for the game to finally save.. GOD EFFING DA.. .. Now THAT sucks..
#229neo_nillePosted 10/5/2012 6:42:48 AM
Ok, so you think that Twilight is the best movies ever aswell?
Sales have nothing to do with quality....
#230Scion_MachinaPosted 10/5/2012 7:19:12 AM
The_Djoker posted...
Ignorant kids on here need a lesson.

1. Shipments for "big name games are always high, this is because of the marketing programs the games are on and the retailers wanting to spend money promoting to sell the best selling games. RE6 was always going to have large shipment numbers because it's a RE game. However 4.5 is a bit too much. Capcom will find that out in the next few weeks.

2. The shipments are basically what the company projects to sell in the next month or so. 4.5 Million shipped is what Capcom want to sell in october/november. They might ship another million for xmas but It's unlikely.

3. Retailers have to sell copies of those shipments. Already in our store we've had 8 trade ins for RE6 of about 20 sold. We have tons of stock that hasn't been sold. And I can tell you right now we got loads of copies of RE6 in.

4. If Retailers don't sell copies of the game they will reduce the price to sell it. Preowned prices will also go down. Every preowned game sold Capcom don't get any money from it. The more preowned games sold the less games capcom will ship in the future.

From the 3 days this game has been on sale we've sold about 30 copies. That is quite pathetic for a big game like this. In the same time period we've sold over 500 copies of FIFA 13, we sold over 100 copies of Borderlands 2 during it's first few days. Now FIFA 13 sold 1 million in the UK n it's first 3 days. 1.7 Million in Europe and a further 0.5 million elsewhere around the world. That's just less than 2.5 million global in it's first week. Probably 2.1-2.8 million when the real numbers come out.

And you're telling me RE6 has sold 4.3 Million? I know some of you lot are stupid as hell but try and use your brain for a second. RE6 has probably sold about 700-800k copies combined globally first week(which is poor when RE5 sold 2 million). It will drop to half that next week. They might sell 3 million by xmas if they're lucky.

Going by Preorders RE6 is set to sell 180k on PS3 and 170k on 360 in US during it's first week. I'm sorry, but these "gigantic sales numbers" aren't real. Capcom have shipped as many copies as they going to sell for the next 5 months and with the % of trade-ins it might be even longer.

Here's a good indication on how to see if a game is selling well in relative to their shipment. Watch the Retail price during the next month or so. If RE6 goes down in price quickly then it hasn't sold well but has loads of copies shipped. That is what I predict for RE6.

now that this lesson is over I'm out.

Alright!!!! Someone in this board who isn't ignorant of the gaming business!!!! BTW,I'm for real. No sarcasm included.
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.