Why is this game no longer scary?

#21LordNobunagaPosted 10/4/2012 10:13:00 AM
I thought one of the key people left the RE team after 3, and thus the series became less survival horror and more like an Arnold movie full of action and corny one-liners.
---
Elisabeth Blanctorche fanboy.
youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
#22F00tballguy2002(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 10:13:09 AM
saunders0910 posted...
you are all macho idiots.

of course games have the potential to be scary..i dont think there are really any commercial franchises that are accomplishing this right now..doom3 and silent hill 4 were pretty close IMO.

but this "you grew up" argument is bogus. no one is making a true horror game at the moment. and lets be honest, as long as there's a machine gun in the game its gonna be hard for it to be scary

EXACTLY....what happened to being trapped in a police station all by yourself looking for a way out??

What happened to Ammo scarcity?

Now, all you have to do is stomp a few zombies, and bash in their heads, and they magically drop ammo.....

On top of that, you can just run around like a crazy man, and your partner will shoot all the zombies with Unlimited Ammo, while you never get hit.
#23F00tballguy2002(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 10:14:38 AM
F00tballguy2002 posted...
saunders0910 posted...

of course games have the potential to be scary..i dont think there are really any commercial franchises that are accomplishing this right now..doom3 and silent hill 4 were pretty close IMO.

but this "you grew up" argument is bogus. no one is making a true horror game at the moment. and lets be honest, as long as there's a machine gun in the game its gonna be hard for it to be scary

EXACTLY....what happened to being trapped in a police station all by yourself looking for a way out??

Now, all you have to do is stomp a few zombies, and bash in their heads, and they magically drop ammo.....

On top of that, you can just run around like a crazy man, and your partner will shoot all the zombies with Unlimited Ammo, while you never get hit.

Resource Scarcity + Being trapped ALONE in a building with Narrow Corridors + mixed in with some surprise elements. This is what makes the game scary...like Dead Space 1 and some parts of Dead Space 2.

None of these are present in Resident Evil 5, and 6
#24eagles5342Posted 10/4/2012 10:15:33 AM
BigSharkZ posted...
Because you grew up.

I agree. TC, if you look at playthroughs of old-RE's, you will see that they aren't very scary.
#25shagohad3Posted 10/4/2012 10:16:43 AM
saunders0910 posted...

Resource Scarcity + Being trapped ALONE in a building with Narrow Corridors + mixed in with some surprise elements. This is what makes the game scary...like Dead Space 1 and some parts of Dead Space 2.

None of these are present in Resident Evil 5, and 6

Dead Space still has enemies dropping ammo/health
---
PSN: shagohad12
#26Fayt16Posted 10/4/2012 10:20:14 AM
The grew up excuse is pathetic!
Its the same with silent hill games, the companies are aiming for the morons who like stupid CoD games, giving you nothing to get scared about!

Go play Lone survivor, silent hill 1 to 3, re 1 to 3, hell, even apresite eve 1 and 2 make you go "oh crap whats gonna hapen next" if you replay them now!

In the new re games you go..."oh hey more things to shoot at with my neverending surplus of ammo...nothing to get worried about!"
---
You silly ban you!
PSN: YuukiFayt
#27eagles5342Posted 10/4/2012 10:21:59 AM
Fayt16 posted...
Its the same with silent hill games, the companies are aiming for the morons who like stupid CoD games, giving you nothing to get scared about!

Go play Lone survivor, silent hill 1 to 3, re 1 to 3, hell, even apresite eve 1 and 2 make you go "oh crap whats gonna hapen next" if you replay them now!

In the new re games you go..."oh hey more things to shoot at with my neverending surplus of ammo...nothing to get worried about!"

Go play the older games again or go watch their playthroughs. They aren't very scary.
#28SodapopVIIPosted 10/4/2012 10:22:57 AM
eagles5342 posted...
Fayt16 posted...

Go play the older games again or go watch their playthroughs. They aren't very scary.

And you account for the millions of other purchasers do you.
---
Gamefaqs user since 1999.
#29Doober2Posted 10/4/2012 10:39:55 AM(edited)
It's also, largely, cause capcom aren't trying to make them scary anymore. They don't want it to be too scary for some of the CoD kids that capcom so desperately want
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces F, Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, Resident Evil 2
#30eagles5342Posted 10/4/2012 10:25:00 AM
SodapopVII posted...
eagles5342 posted...
Fayt16 posted...

And you account for the millions of other purchasers do you.

Once again, go play the older games again or go watch their playthroughs. They aren't very scary.