Why is this game no longer scary?

#31AceviperPosted 10/4/2012 10:26:45 AM
Dead Space wasn't scary

I mean, I know that whatever lies behind the door, I would be able to deal with it thanks to the overpowered plasma cutter, you STARTING weapon

and it definitely didn't have resource scarcity in that game. I was constantly selling ammo because I had too much.
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#32SodapopVIIPosted 10/4/2012 10:27:36 AM
eagles5342 posted...
SodapopVII posted...
eagles5342 posted...
Fayt16 posted...
The grew up excuse is pathetic!
Its the same with silent hill games, the companies are aiming for the morons who like stupid CoD games, giving you nothing to get scared about!

Go play Lone survivor, silent hill 1 to 3, re 1 to 3, hell, even apresite eve 1 and 2 make you go "oh crap whats gonna hapen next" if you replay them now!

In the new re games you go..."oh hey more things to shoot at with my neverending surplus of ammo...nothing to get worried about!"

Go play the older games again or go watch their playthroughs. They aren't very scary.

And you account for the millions of other purchasers do you.

Once again, go play the older games again or go watch their playthroughs. They aren't very scary.

... I have played through the games multiple times and watched RE videos in the lead up to RE6. Again, does your opinion account for millions of other players that evidently did find the older games scary be it in the past when younger or even to this day.
---
Gamefaqs user since 1999.
#33OzamaPosted 10/4/2012 10:28:28 AM
The game could try to be scary . doesn't matter if it scares you or not.
---
PSN: Rekka85
#34Doober2Posted 10/4/2012 10:28:56 AM
eagles5342 posted...
SodapopVII posted...
eagles5342 posted...
Fayt16 posted...
Its the same with silent hill games, the companies are aiming for the morons who like stupid CoD games, giving you nothing to get scared about!

Go play Lone survivor, silent hill 1 to 3, re 1 to 3, hell, even apresite eve 1 and 2 make you go "oh crap whats gonna hapen next" if you replay them now!

In the new re games you go..."oh hey more things to shoot at with my neverending surplus of ammo...nothing to get worried about!"

Go play the older games again or go watch their playthroughs. They aren't very scary.

Once again, go play the older games again or go watch their playthroughs. They aren't very scary.

Are you trying to say that RE6 is just as scary?

As someone who only got into the series a couple of years ago, and the classic games less than a year ago I'd completely disagree with that.

The old games did have fear to them. RE6, (and RE5 for that matter) don't have any
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces F, Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, Resident Evil 2
#35MasterthiefPosted 10/4/2012 10:29:34 AM
BigSharkZ posted...
Because you grew up.

This excuse is the most ignorant statement concerning this. Nothing to do with growing up at all. Survival horrors are meant to be SCARY, that's the point, it doesn't define age, there is no magic number when you just are not scared anymore, what a pathetic comment.

RE5 and 6 are not scary because they are not scary., it's that simple. Look at current survival horrors - Amnesia: The Dark Descent, that will scare the crap out of you, doesn't matter your freaking age.
---
PSN - Ferkomatic
#36eagles5342Posted 10/4/2012 10:34:11 AM
SodapopVII posted...
eagles5342 posted...
SodapopVII posted...
eagles5342 posted...
Fayt16 posted...

... I have played through the games multiple times and watched RE videos in the lead up to RE6. Again, does your opinion account for millions of other players that evidently did find the older games scary be it in the past when younger or even to this day.

I can't comment on whether my opinion reflects the opnion of "millions of other players," but what I can say is that your view, along with the TC's view, relects the view of a vocal minority who seems to cling to a series that left its roots like 7 years ago, and who come to boards of newer games to keep bashing it for no reason. You don't see people who like new-style RE games (RE4-6) go to older boards and bash those games, but you see the other way around. Why is that?

And besides, yoru answer reflects my point. The games were scary because we were young and very impressionable. Now that we are older and more experienced at life, if you look back, would those games scary you now?
#37DarkD3stinyPosted 10/4/2012 10:38:52 AM
When was re scary?
---
I find it funny how people say re5 is a terrible game when it out sold re4. Especially since re4 had longer to sell and got sold on more consoles.
#38SodapopVIIPosted 10/4/2012 10:39:23 AM
I can't comment on whether my opinion reflects the opnion of "millions of other players," but what I can say is that your view, along with the TC's view, relects the view of a vocal minority who seems to cling to a series that left its roots like 7 years ago, and who come to boards of newer games to keep bashing it for no reason. You don't see people who like new-style RE games (RE4-6) go to older boards and bash those games, but you see the other way around. Why is that?

And besides, yoru answer reflects my point. The games were scary because we were young and very impressionable. Now that we are older and more experienced at life, if you look back, would those games scary you now?

I enjoy the newer titles, despite quite clearly lacking the heart and soul the earlier games had. My point is arguing what games are scary or not is utterly pointless... same with Dead Space. Some people do find them scary to this day. Me personally do I? No... it's easy to get the word tense and scary mixed up and I would call the older games tense due to strong pacing, the musical compositions of Shusaku Uchiyama and Masami Ueda, and a sense your character was not a walking battle tank such as 4/5/6.

The difference here is I can accept someone saying they got scared of the older RE games with the music and monsters if they are playing in the dark alone and with the sound up high. As a child or now.
---
#39SlayersfanPosted 10/4/2012 10:39:40 AM
SodapopVII posted...
New direction in order to increase sales of the masses that buy games for lots of bullet expenditure and explosions - nothing more to it.

And it will not be changing anytime soon.

I agree
---
Berserk 2012 **coming soon!**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p286WtHoK2g
#40SodapopVIIPosted 10/4/2012 10:40:11 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
When was re scary?

Another pointless post to this topic... when was it ever scary to you? Evidently never! That's great.
---