Why is this game no longer scary?

#71SodapopVIIPosted 10/4/2012 2:23:42 PM
antking61 posted...
When was this game ever scary? Oh right, it wasn't. You were just 9 when you played it.

You are such a brave big boy :)
---
Gamefaqs user since 1999.
#72Meta_BitPosted 10/4/2012 2:26:49 PM
Coryo61827 posted...
Quote:Because you grew up.
@BigSharkZ
That's a dumb statement. I played a PC game called "slender" recently and it freaked me out. Just cause people get older doesn't mean they can't get scared. Sure it might be harder to get scared but not impossible. It just depends on the approach of how it's used in games.

There may be more truth to it though. As you grow up, you aren't as imaginative and more experienced. From all the games out there and movies, people are conditioned with most of the scare tactics. I would say it is harder to scare older gamers but not impossible. The question is if they do try to make it scary, would they likely fail? I have a feeling nothing would satisfy the nostalgia people have with the series.
---
---
#73Stardust2592Posted 10/4/2012 2:28:53 PM
Coryo61827 posted...
Quote:Because you grew up.
@BigSharkZ
That's a dumb statement. I played a PC game called "slender" recently and it freaked me out. Just cause people get older doesn't mean they can't get scared. Sure it might be harder to get scared but not impossible. It just depends on the approach of how it's used in games.

The point was that Resi games were scary when you were young. Not that games can only be scary when you are young.
---
Luck is a loser's excuse. - Alexis Rhodes.
UMVC: Gloria/Doom/Vergil or Wesker BB: Mains: BANG/Mu 12 Subs: Noel/Ragna
#74caffiend7Posted 10/4/2012 2:30:20 PM
Because of CoD kiddies
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#75robert022614Posted 10/4/2012 2:32:21 PM
Azure_lKite posted...
ih0tfirei posted...

Dead space 2 wasn't scary

This is entirely false. I don't know if I'd call it scary, but if you play the game with a proper sound source (i.e, a surround setup or a gaming headset), AND play on Hardcore when you can only save three times, the level of tension that builds up is pretty high. In fact, some people disliked that mode because of that.

And growing up has nothing to do with being scary or not. Even when I was a kid, I wasn't ever scared of old RE games, while Dead Space made me jump several times and I found Corpse Party disturbing.

I agree I would play Dead Space 2 at night with all lights on and with my astro mixamp cranked up to where you hear little metal creaking noised I never heard before and man it was pretty tense. Corpse Party more or less had me scared about what ending I would get 8P
#76Omega_Zero_XPPosted 10/4/2012 2:32:42 PM
Steve__Burnside posted...
BigSharkZ posted...
Because you grew up.

This is a bulls*** excuse as to why games aren't scary anymore.

Not even. Play the old RE's again. Not scary at all. Tense at points, but never scary.

And Ive learned that the more Horror games you play, the less the effect that scares have on you.
---
Its a wonderful world... this world that ends with you.
That's the last of my post. Stop reading. Stop reading right now. NOW! WHY ARE YOU STILL READING!!!!
#77cayne_phoenixPosted 10/4/2012 2:37:49 PM
because we grew accustomed to the game style, and plus this game is absolute sh*t.
#78ashcrvPosted 10/4/2012 2:40:32 PM
RE was never scary. And I started playing it at 10 years old so now you know. Never was, never will be.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#79RebelGameMasterPosted 10/4/2012 2:43:00 PM
ashcrv posted...
RE was never scary. And I started playing it at 10 years old so now you know. Never was, never will be.

I have a message from you from Leonidas. He wants his "back" rub.
---
Professional Gambler
#80EllesarienPosted 10/4/2012 2:43:01 PM
So Horror/Scary movies are made for 10 year olds? Yet...they all have R ratings.

Odd that.....
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.