Was anybody around on RE boards during 2000-2003?

#1Vegeta1000Posted 10/4/2012 1:40:32 PM
I remember there were lots of complaints about the series getting stale and needing to move into a new direction so why are fans complaining about the new direction the series has taken?
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#2SamA7XPosted 10/4/2012 1:43:57 PM
Because some people are born in this world just to complain.
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
(the "I" in "VII" is a capital "i" not a undercase "L")
#3Skurv7Posted 10/4/2012 1:47:27 PM
I made a topic about this yesterday, and I'll tell you what I said then. The people complaining are the people who would still be complaining if it was the same and Wesker was the main antagonist with pre-rendered backgrounds...all i can say is don't ask for something you don't want ;)

If you know wut i mean.
#4orphanjohnPosted 10/4/2012 1:48:06 PM
2 huge complaints I remember from I believe RE4 and 5 was that people wanted zombies back, and new controls that don't handle like a tank. Well they get that and still cry about it. It's called being spoiled. No matter what comes along it will never be good enough, and they just cry for something new and better all over again.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, NCAA 13, Resident Evil 6
#5JStewVGMPosted 10/4/2012 1:50:17 PM
I don't even read those crap comments. Cry moar is all I say
#6Orochi_LedePosted 10/4/2012 1:50:51 PM
SamA7X posted...
Because some people are born in this world just to complain.
#7Duffy12323Posted 10/4/2012 1:54:58 PM
Well they did away with tense atmospheric environments. There's no suspense anymore, just running and shooting with no exploration at all.
#8Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 2:18:41 PM
You guys may think that the old-school RE games were constantly praised, but this was not the case. It got plenty of hate as well:

- Terrible camera angles (fixed with RECV but came back with RE0).
- Tank controls
- Poor aiming
- Backtracking (worst examples was RECV and RE0)
- Fetch puzzles
- Terrible save system
- Poor voice acting (subjective, but the original RE1 was known to have terrible VA)

Most of those problems was fixed with RE4, but then fans complained that the series was no longer survival horror and just a TPS. I disagree. Even though RE4 had more action it still had tense moments, creepy atmosphere, creepy looking enemies, fetch puzzles, and backtracking. RE5 I'd admit, wasn't much like the old ones as far as gameplay goes. It's like it's a lose-lose situation for Capcom because fans are going to complain either way.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#9edward18Posted 10/4/2012 2:22:41 PM
and as I said I NEVER complained
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#10Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 2:24:50 PM
and as I said I NEVER complained

Well, you're in the minority.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!