Best way to grind skill points?

#1MasterAdeptAlexPosted 10/4/2012 3:34:22 PM
I'm not that far in the game. I'm still on chapter one in Leon's story and Chapter 3 in Chris' story, and haven't touched Jake's story yet.

Is there anyway I can grind skill points, like doing a previous chapter over and over, or is there no need of that right now with my progress so far through the game? Also what skills are the most useful to upgrade?
---
"Hey someone help bat baby up off the floor." The Joker in Batman Arkham Asylum
#2XSilverPhoenixXPosted 10/4/2012 3:36:18 PM
I would think Mercenaries would be your best bet, but I'm not sure if those points carry over to the campaign. Also, if you die in Mercs it doesn't seem to save the skill points you earned.

On second thought, they must transfer because I ended up spending points on Mercs skills and when I went to play the campaign I had less points to spend.
#3JackyLordofSithPosted 10/4/2012 3:39:44 PM(edited)
Mercenaries is only worth it if you can get like an A or higher rank as the good skill points come closer near the end of mercenaries cause the stronger monsters come in. In another topic I heard there was a re-doable part in Leon's campaign that can get you quick points, but I wouldn't know that cause I haven't done his campaign yet.

Edit: In mercenaries you have to survive to get those points. Dying gets you nothing.
#4MikeSSJ part 3Posted 10/4/2012 3:42:15 PM
Leon 4

Gives you 2 stacks of magnum ammo, a First Aid Spray, and 5000 points within about 5 minutes.
---
You know, Moffat made such a big deal out of the Silence, and yet I don't even remember what they look like...
#5LegionSoupPosted 10/4/2012 4:09:54 PM
If you quit and save, does it let you keep the ammo and skill points? I haven't made it to Leon 4 year (I just beat 2 last night).
#6MikeSSJ part 3Posted 10/5/2012 12:16:13 AM
You need to get to a savepoint. A normal checkpoint is not enough - it needs to actually say "saving".
---
You know, Moffat made such a big deal out of the Silence, and yet I don't even remember what they look like...
#7ZalyagunryaiPosted 10/5/2012 1:45:29 AM
JackyLordofSith posted...
Mercenaries is only worth it if you can get like an A or higher rank as the good skill points come closer near the end of mercenaries cause the stronger monsters come in. In another topic I heard there was a re-doable part in Leon's campaign that can get you quick points, but I wouldn't know that cause I haven't done his campaign yet.

Edit: In mercenaries you have to survive to get those points. Dying gets you nothing.

Rank/score doesn't effect skill points amounts, as you get closer to the 150 enemy cap the SP drops become better
---
Dynasty Warriors is a video game.
Not just ANY video game, but a SPORTS video game. Because unifying China is a sport.
#8truefirechampPosted 10/5/2012 1:49:30 AM
playthrough ada 1. or chris 5(kill all enemies) until you meet ________ and ___________ again,
---
"King? Yeah, here's your crown."