Missing something? Finding this ridiculously hard compared to older REs.

#1Skillmaster2Posted 10/4/2012 5:17:44 PM(edited)
I'm playing normal with Leon and always dying nonstop. I rarely died in the old games (I've been playing since the original). Is this normal, are you all experiencing this? I'm in Chapter 2 right now at the cathedral and up to this point I must have died 30 times. Just died 5 times in the last few minutes and a bit frustrated tbh. There's not enough healing for the hoardes we have to deal with.
#2OhYouCowardPosted 10/4/2012 5:19:53 PM
Are you just getting grabbed by every random zombie? Leon's campaign is somewhat difficult since every enemy tries to grab you and will almost always take a chunk of your health.

If you're playing alone I suggest you get the Field medic skill as soon as possible. It allows your AI partner to give you an herb tablet every time you go into dying.
#3Jeric735Posted 10/4/2012 5:48:25 PM
Some survival advice:
-Always hold out for a red herb, you never know. Only make a triple-green if you've got no tablets left and are absolutely sure you've searched the whole area, or if you have four greens.

-Aim for the head to line up headshot+melee combos.

-Use Quick Shot on dogs, always. Also, you can use them to set-up melee finishers, but remember that Quick Shots take away from your melee gauge

-Dodging is your friend. If a zed leaps at you, use a sideways or backward jump (or spray at it with your gun, assuming you have ammo).
---
PSN: Jeric-S
#4ih0tfireiPosted 10/4/2012 5:53:51 PM
The game is def harder compared to the old RE's. In Leon's campaign its not always a good thing to fight but when you have to, aim for the head for a stagger. Then follow up with a instant kill melee. If you find yourself surrounded quickly aim for the closest zombies legs. Once he falls the zombies behind him will fall over. giving you breathing room.
---
360 tag- I Hotfire I
Member of clan "La Li Lu Le Lo"
#5kewldude475Posted 10/4/2012 5:57:09 PM
I died a lot in Leon's campaign as well. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks it's more difficult than some past RE games.
---
Member of the V3Da master race.
PSN: kewldude475
#6Skillmaster2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 6:33:40 PM
Yeah I'm playing it alone. I want to do that once with all the campaigns so I can play on my own pace. Second time round I will do it with a friend or random stranger. Def need the field medic thing, kind of useless being revived right now.

I already seem to be aware of all the survival techniques mentioned. It's just that I'm finding there are so many enemies constantly. Glad to see some people are in agreement. The old ones were hard but death was rare, now it's like 20 zombies are trying to grab you.
#7BillysanPosted 10/4/2012 8:26:21 PM
What I'm finding now is that Leon's Campaign gives you very little herbs to heal with but they are more common in the other character's campaigns.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman