I can't get past the first cutscene with the exploding plane

#11ih0tfireiPosted 10/4/2012 6:19:12 PM
al27052 posted...
Hewie3 posted...
It shows a picture of the joystick & says + X. I thought it even said hold. Why are so many people having trouble with these scenes?

It doesn't say hold. THAT would actually be useful and clear, concepts the developers seem to have little interest in.

You cant be serious.
---
360 tag- I Hotfire I
Member of clan "La Li Lu Le Lo"
#12al27052(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 6:35:58 PM
Aqua_love posted...
al27052 posted...
Hewie3 posted...
It shows a picture of the joystick & says + X. I thought it even said hold. Why are so many people having trouble with these scenes?

It doesn't say hold. THAT would actually be useful and clear, concepts the developers seem to have little interest in.

In almost EVERY QTE i've ever seen if you need to tap it, it shows a tapping movement....

in almost EVERY RE game i've played you hold the x button while moving to run....

sounds like your problem to me
RE players seem to have managed it on their first go

Yes, except holding the X button to run doesn't actually work in this game.

And there's never been any quicktime segment where you hold x and then use the thumbstick to run in RE4 or 5. I've beaten both of those games at least 50 times, and made every achievement in both of them. I ought to know.
#13Aqua_lovePosted 10/4/2012 7:29:24 PM
al27052 posted...
Aqua_love posted...
al27052 posted...
Hewie3 posted...

In almost EVERY QTE i've ever seen if you need to tap it, it shows a tapping movement....

in almost EVERY RE game i've played you hold the x button while moving to run....

sounds like your problem to me
RE players seem to have managed it on their first go

Yes, except holding the X button to run doesn't actually work in this game.

And there's never been any quicktime segment where you hold x and then use the thumbstick to run in RE4 or 5. I've beaten both of those games at least 50 times, and made every achievement in both of them. I ought to know.

Except holding x DOES work

that part isnt really a QTE anyway
it's literally you running away from something....
silly
---
http://gfaqsff.wikia.com/wiki/GFAQs_Final_Fantasy_Wiki
Join us in our beautiful new home~~
#14al27052(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:55:20 PM
Aqua_love posted...

silly

Except holding X at that point in the game DOESN'T work. Only the idiots that designed this game could make that a fact. SMH
#15Aqua_lovePosted 10/4/2012 7:58:32 PM
al27052 posted...
Aqua_love posted...

silly

Except holding X at that point in the game DOESN'T work. Only the idiots that designed this game could make that a fact. SMH

Yes it does

unless you're just talking about the part before the running, in which case again, it's your bad for making an assumption that holding x wouldn't let you sprint...

it's like the people making topics about how they can only walk as Leon when they haven't progressed enough to run....
nobody with half a brain thought you'd be stuck walking the whole time
---
http://gfaqsff.wikia.com/wiki/GFAQs_Final_Fantasy_Wiki
Join us in our beautiful new home~~
#16PrinceOfHotPosted 10/4/2012 7:59:43 PM
Wow not being able to follow simple two button prompts must be very difficult for you, you should stick to one button games from now on.