The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Instant death traps

#1nurnbergPosted 10/4/2012 5:16:39 PM
Anyone else finds them annoying? I mean, sometimes I get run over by a train or a truck or other things that kill me in one hit, but I have no time to react at all. I don't think it is even possible to avoid it if you don't know beforehand. Also, sometimes it happens when I am in the middle of a melee animation.
#2GiSS88Posted 10/6/2012 1:19:32 AM
While I agree, I'm also annoyed at some of the death animations. Sure, they're great to watch once--but you can't skip them, and some are simply too long. Finding myself dying a lot of cheap deaths also due to poor camera or enemy "cheapness." Like the game, just needs to be fixed somehow.
---
MH3 ID:JVQGY5 *PSN: NoJ87*
360 Gamertag: NoJ1987 *Others in Quote*
#3OhYouCowardPosted 10/6/2012 1:22:06 AM
Was anyone else hit by the police van when helping the "survivors" in Leon's chapter 1? I stayed in the area it crashes into and didn't get a dodge prompt or anything.
#4Albelnox0Posted 10/6/2012 1:22:07 AM
nurnberg posted...
Anyone else finds them annoying? I mean, sometimes I get run over by a train or a truck or other things that kill me in one hit, but I have no time to react at all. I don't think it is even possible to avoid it if you don't know beforehand. Also, sometimes it happens when I am in the middle of a melee animation.

I don't know they've been around since RE 1 oops i mean don't grab that shot gun or open that chest yet. The ceiling might fall or gas might come out of those vents. Heck watch out for those boulders in the cavern jill i heard they come out of no where. *enter sarcasm here*
#5Icefang526Posted 10/6/2012 1:26:41 AM
GiSS88 posted...
While I agree, I'm also annoyed at some of the death animations. Sure, they're great to watch once--but you can't skip them, and some are simply too long. Finding myself dying a lot of cheap deaths also due to poor camera or enemy "cheapness." Like the game, just needs to be fixed somehow.

Yeah, I remember watching my partner die at the hands of one of those regenerating enemies and thinking, "wow, it's still going." I didn't attempt to skip it because it was my first time seeing it, but at some point I was starting to wonder if it was ever going to end if I didn't press a button or something. :P
#6CineraryPosted 10/6/2012 1:37:14 AM
You want to talk about cheapness, the zombies in Leon's campaign that will Superman themselves into you are incredibly annoying. I'm playing through it again as Helena, and point blank in mid air I shoot these things with a shotgun with Firepower lvl 3 equipped, and they just fly right through it and grab me somehow, even though the shot killed them! Then I have to break out of their grab, while they're going through their melting death animation.
---
PSN: SouthPhillySanta http://i.imgur.com/X6ju8.png
Yo homie...is that my briefcase?
#7XSilverPhoenixXPosted 10/6/2012 1:38:40 AM
Gotta love that quality control and lack of correction. I was bit by killed zombies with no head in the demo.
#8Icefang526Posted 10/6/2012 1:50:27 AM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
Gotta love that quality control and lack of correction. I was bit by killed zombies with no head in the demo.

That reminds me of how blowing off a majini's head in RE5 when it was charging at you wouldn't stop it from completing its entire attack animation. That actually killed me quite a number of times in Pro. Thank God you can at least dodge out of the way in this game.
#9Buddy_DacotePosted 10/6/2012 2:43:11 AM
OhYouCoward posted...
Was anyone else hit by the police van when helping the "survivors" in Leon's chapter 1? I stayed in the area it crashes into and didn't get a dodge prompt or anything.

Yup, it suddenly came out of nowhere and killed both of us. Next time I saw it coming, and I got too say, you have to be pretty lucky to survive if you don't know about it coming, because the kill zone is huge.