Social psychology can really mess people up- This game is amazing! (over RE5)

#1Ryan-06Posted 10/4/2012 7:28:53 PM(edited)
(I've beaten Leon and Chris stories so far- FYI)

Its the most I've ever disagreed with (negative) reviews in my entire adult life. But I think the reasons for those bad reviews included the editor not getting into it enough, as its their job to play many games and put out reviews on time. Rest of us can tinker and discover as much as we like.
Social psychology at its finest. 1, single, old guy at GameSpot gives a 4.5, and many more jump on the bandwagon. Shame.

I saw this as a twofold issue:
-First: People complained about the camera/controls. during the demo, I was among them. But once you master them it becomes natural and smooth.
In fact-- the demo should've never come out. The final version feels better and the demo(s) left a bad impression with its confined segments (leon especially)

-Second: such reviews complained about the action and quicktime buttons. There's more than in RE5, and this is the ONLY thing I don't like, but just the hard ones that require too much to escape. Rest is fine.
As for the "too much action, less scary" argument. Totally useless by now; rewind to 2009, that's EXACTLY what was said about RE5. There's more action, but also more atmosphere here, especially Leons. The proportions of action/atmosphere are great because the game is huge; compared to RE5. Least 10 hrs per story, depending on difficulty (I started on Professional),

Bottom line, EVERYTHING about RE6 is better than 5 (save for camera), which is a good thing. Mercenaries is perfect for the new combat controls. much more fun than RE5-4. If that Van OrD guy gave a 9 instead of 4, people would change their tone.

So once you get over the learning curve and master those controls, you're good to go. RE5 was just RE4 in Africa with more shooting. Same exact controls. This has story, action, atmosphere, better acting too. 9/10 IMHO. Definitely worth the $60.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
#2Crimson SkysPosted 10/4/2012 7:12:12 PM
Without spoilers how is the story compared to the other RE games?
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3King AzarPosted 10/4/2012 7:13:47 PM
Ryan-06 posted...

1, single, old guy

Interesting how RE6 fans attack the person over the argument.
---
Jack Nicholson is the only man alive that can make dancing to Prince, scary.
#4blankempathyPosted 10/4/2012 7:15:16 PM
King Azar posted...
Ryan-06 posted...

1, single, old guy

Interesting how RE6 fans attack the person over the argument.

Yea this guys been posting fanboy topics for a while. Best to just move on.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#5Ryan-06(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:16:48 PM
Also:

Forgot to add that Because this is the biggest game yet, you really get your moneys worth. In old topics about RE4 compared to 5, I had said that my 1st playthrough in 5 was a mere 8 HOURS. RE4? 40+ Hours. I explored everything, got deep into the atmosphere, and did everything RE4 allowed me. RE6 brings the length back via 4 campaigns, with great events and story to boot.

So, are you guys enjoying the game the more you play and get used to it?
---
#6PrinceOfHotPosted 10/4/2012 7:18:44 PM
Overall this game probably has the best story of the entire series. Less ridiculous, and genuinely good mysteries that slowly unravel.
#7Ryan-06(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 8:13:54 PM(edited)
^^^^ Agree. There's less corniness like the one liners in RE4, and more of the harder edge acting and tension in RE5, with more.

Crimson Skys posted...
Without spoilers how is the story compared to the other RE games?

Its more dramatic than RE4 and 5, thats for sure. The acting is also great, similar to 5, with even more. Chris' story had some great tension and moments. Neat the end, I encountered my favorite enemy from RE4 again! (different form) The music that played was similar to RE4s but suited to the new situation you get in. ;)

Also Re: Chris. Capcom said his campaign would be about action, and that's exactly what he gets. There were chase/action sequences I loved, far better than RE5's on rails shooter parts (won't spoil them!) Bosses were exciting too. And seeing that favorite enemy again felt great for me.
---
#8thegame216Posted 10/4/2012 7:25:32 PM
nobody cares about your opinion. this game will go down in history as the worst RE ever and nothing can change that. just accept the fact that you like a terrible game. everyone once in their lives like terrible games. nothing to be ashamed of.
#9Ryan-06(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:34:21 PM(edited)
Awww... Its so terrible I know... =(
Go away or play other games then if your sole purpose is to use this board to complain and whine. Fo Fai used to so that on the ME3 board about the ending when we both went there alot. But now we're over the fighting and we're cool now.

Wonder where he's at. You playing RE6 so far, fai? lol.
---
#10Amazing AmpharosPosted 10/4/2012 8:02:59 PM
It's more like this game will go down in history as the first really big warning sign that everyone is catching on to what a joke the game media is. This is an objectively good game with some poorly articulated complaints attempting to deny the obvious.
---
Pokemon White Friend Code: 4641 8955 0950