Social psychology can really mess people up- This game is amazing! (over RE5)

#21Ryan-06(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:35:35 PM(edited)
Jecht_Of_Spira posted...
So, why do people who dont like the game come to the message board?
I dont like, for example, NBA2k13 and i NEVER go to its board.
Why cant we enjoy playing and chatting about this "horrible" game with others who have a similar interest?

Just curious...

Same.
Wouldn't be surprised if he or others continued for the next 6-10 months. I've already seen it on the ME3 board since I'm a vet user there. But now I hardly see any ending topic anymore, phew! People moved on with their lives.

King Azar posted...

For starters, this isn't solely a fan board.

For starters, if someone only uses the board to whine, it gets annoying. Especially if several months pass by after launch. I bet they will.

People who own the game, will come here to discuss things like gameplay, how to do this, defeat this, unlock that, the story and characters etc. Etc. Its more futile for those to keep complaining, as said its out now. And they're not gonna change the game to suit you. Deal with it.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
#22PsyrenCallPosted 10/4/2012 9:31:56 PM
Social psychology has nothing to do with it. It has one of the worst cameras I've encountered since the N64, and an incredibly piss poor cover system. It's not a bad game, but it's certainly not good. Chris' campaign is an absolute and utter atrocity of balance, level design and gameplay.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#23ShiShiHaatoPosted 10/4/2012 9:31:57 PM
Amazing Ampharos posted...
It's more like this game will go down in history as the first really big warning sign that everyone is catching on to what a joke the game media is. This is an objectively good game with some poorly articulated complaints attempting to deny the obvious.

This. Even game companies can barely trust a reviewer's opinion. Everyone just trying to make a name for themselves.
#24thegame216Posted 10/4/2012 9:38:56 PM
thompsontalker7 posted...
thegame216 posted...
It's more like this game will go down in history as the first really big warning sign that everyone is catching on to what a joke the game media is. This is an objectively good game with some poorly articulated complaints attempting to deny the obvious.

no, more like subjectively. this game have a ton of problems. such as...

dated, messy inventory.

abundance of cheap deaths out of nowhere ( jake ski )

horribly implemented cover system

disgusting inaccurate hit detection

more of an movie than game because of over abundence of QTEs

terrible AI that is comparable to ORC

bland, uninspired level design

terrible camera that has even given people motion sickness

clunky, unpolished controls

incoherent focus of game design ( it's either uncharted, gears of war. or heavy rain )

incoherent story that quite frankle loses focus

can i continue?

Now how many of those have you actually experienced yourself and not grabbed from equally brain-dead narcissistics such as yourself?

i've experienced rough 90% of what i stated.
#25Ryan-06(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:41:39 PM
PsyrenCall posted...
Social psychology has nothing to do with it. It has one of the worst cameras I've encountered since the N64, and an incredibly piss poor cover system. It's not a bad game, but it's certainly not good. Chris' campaign is an absolute and utter atrocity of balance, level design and gameplay.

Hey man.
I understand where you're coming from. But I beat Chris story, the camera didn't bother too much, but thats me. Funny you were the one who encouraged me not to cancel my preorder after that demo in the PM, when we talked about lol. :P
And I'm glad I didn't cancel it.

As for cover, I didn't use it much at all, didn't need it in fact, except in few places to protect myself. And I played on Pro.
---
#26PsyrenCallPosted 10/4/2012 9:41:53 PM
thegame216 posted...
thompsontalker7 posted...
thegame216 posted...

dated, messy inventory.

incoherent focus of game design ( it's either uncharted, gears of war. or heavy rain )

can i continue?

Now how many of those have you actually experienced yourself and not grabbed from equally brain-dead narcissistics such as yourself?

i've experienced rough 90% of what i stated.

I've encountered all of it.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#27Ryan-06(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:46:42 PM
for me. Inventory- I prefer over RE5. Not dated at all.

I didn't die from cheap things too much, and on professional.

Hit detection, worked fine, especially when switching to laser (like you suggested to me, Psyren)

Camera doesn't give me motion sickness, but some people maybe if their health is that way lol.
---
#28Jecht_Of_SpiraPosted 10/4/2012 9:51:38 PM
King Azar posted...
Jecht_Of_Spira posted...
So, why do people who dont like the game come to the message board?
I dont like, for example, NBA2k13 and i NEVER go to its board.
Why cant we enjoy playing and chatting about this "horrible" game with others who have a similar interest?

Just curious...

For starters, this isn't solely a fan board.

Hmmm, I see.

IMHO, it just makes NO LOGICAL SENSE to invest time into something ( a game perhaps) that i dont like. Whether it be playing that game or patrolling its message board. I feel as though my time would be better spent else where. I could, for example, be playing a game the I DO like, or, better yet, expressing how much i enjoy said game on its message board.

And, yes, i do realize that this is not a " fan board" which is why i used the term " message board"
---
PSN: Shod_Son or PSN: Shod Boi
#29VolcanoBoulderPosted 10/4/2012 10:13:07 PM
I see no problem with coming on the board of a game you don't like to express criticisms and converse with the community about why you did not enjoy the game in question. But it becomes very annoying when said people stay for weeks and months on end solely to bash the game and argue with its fans.

thegame216 posted...

You raise many good points. As someone who really likes RE6, I would be happy to talk about them with you.

dated, messy inventory.

I'm not really sure how else they could have done it. RE4 style would have been better IMO, but that wouldn't work so well in a co-op game. Regardless, it's pretty easy to use and seems to work just fine.

The only cheap deaths I remember are in the horribly done snowmobile level, the ambulance crash in Leon's first chapter, and a couple of way too fast QTEs from Jake's story. This is a legitimate problem for sure, but it doesn't plague the whole game.

It's not as good as it could have (or should have) been, but it works well enough when you need it to. That said, cover isn't really necessary or even recommended 90% of the time... I only use it for stealth purposes.

The hit detection is perfectly fine. Perhaps an online-only issue due to poor netcode?

Jake's campaign is very guilty of this, yes. Personally, I felt like his entire scenario was trash; it's the only thing that really brings RE6 down for me. However, outside of the lame shark and rope scenes in Leon's campaign, actual QTEs (not context prompts) are basically a non-entity otherwise.

The enemy AI does exactly what it needs to and killed me many times. Friendly AI doesn't need to be good since your partner can't die. This actually makes the game better IMO, as it does not hamper the single-player experience nearly as much as RE5's AI did.

This is more of a subjective thing. I can certainly see why you would think this, but I really liked a lot of the game's locations and layouts, even if they were linear.

The camera is actually not bad once you adjust the in-game settings, but the fact that it has caused motion sickness in some folks is definitely terrible. Capcom needs to add an FOV slider or something to help people with this.

They certainly feel that way at first, yeah. But after a few hours, the dodging and stuff became second nature to me. They're definitely not as intuitive as they could/should be, though.

This is only true of Jake's campaign in my experience.

Haven't finished Ada's campaign yet so I can't comment on this. The plot does seem needlessly convoluted, though not nearly as much as Revelations'.

can i continue?

Sure. I see no problem in continuing this dialogue as long we both remain reasonable towards each other. :)
#30Jecht_Of_SpiraPosted 10/4/2012 10:36:46 PM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
I see no problem with coming on the board of a game you don't like to express criticisms and converse with the community about why you did not enjoy the game in question. But it becomes very annoying when said people stay for weeks and months on end solely to bash the game and argue with its fans.

Well put
---
PSN: Shod_Son or PSN: Shod Boi