Am I the only one that liked 5 better?

#1lid1013Posted 10/4/2012 9:13:11 PM
Yes 6 does improve on some things namely the controls which are much more fluid with moving while aiming and dodging + rolling.

However I fell there are many problems with 6.
1. The camera is too close to character and gets in your way a lot.

2. Over use of big action set pieces. (this is personal preference) It feels like the
developers were trying way too hard. I get it's supposed to be an action title. But RE5 did he action thing pretty well without going too overboard. In RE6 every couple minutes there is an explosion or buildings collapsing, chase sequences, piloting a fighter jet, high speed car chase, duels with helicopters. It's like Michael Bay directed the damn thing. RE5 got silly at time but RE6 is so over the top it's ridiculous.

3. So many QTE's and button prompts for mundane tasks

4. I actually like the old melee system from 4 and 5 better. Those games rewarded you
with a melee for tactically shooting vulnerable body parts on enemies. This game
makes it so easy to spam the melee button. It' just doesn't feel as good as 4 and 5's
system.

5. Uneven quality throughout the campaigns. Unlike the past titles. I get the developers wanted to create a unique experience for each campaign but I think they were a little too ambitious. Whether or not you liked RE5 the developers knew what kind of experience they wanted to give the user. RE6 feels like a little bit of everything but it doesn't come together as a cohesive whole.

Besides the much superior controls ,anyone else out there that feels RE5 was a better crafted game?
#2JunDagekiPosted 10/4/2012 9:21:04 PM
No you are not, there's always people who shares the same opinion with others even if it's a minority.

as for the rest..

1. the camera wasn't too close for me, it felt the same as RE5 for me.
2.The game had a good pace, from quiet scenes to actions pretty well placed.
3.I think the QTE was well done since it increases the feel of the experience the characters has been through.
4. That system can still be done in RE6 only that you have the option of Melee any time but it's not the brightest because of the stamina and lack of damage, the best strategy for melee is to do it the same way as RE5/RE4: shoot then melee for a critical damage.
5.idk about this one, all i know is that i beat Leon's campaign and it was worth the money, and i haven't even started Chris or Jake's campaign yet.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#3lid1013(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:23:26 PM
JunDageki posted...
No you are not, there's always people who shares the same opinion with others even if it's a minority.

as for the rest..

1. the camera wasn't too close for me, it felt the same as RE5 for me.
2.The game had a good pace, from quiet scenes to actions pretty well placed.
3.I think the QTE was well done since it increases the feel of the experience the characters has been through.
4. That system can still be done in RE6 only that you have the option of Melee any time but it's not the brightest because of the stamina and lack of damage, the best strategy for melee is to do it the same way as RE5/RE4: shoot then melee for a critical damage.
5.idk about this one, all i know is that i beat Leon's campaign and it was worth the money, and i haven't even started Chris or Jake's campaign yet.

Play RE5 again or maybe you need to see the two games side by side. Trust me the camera is much closer.
#4JunDagekiPosted 10/4/2012 9:28:02 PM(edited)
Idk maybe the camera felt the same to me because it was never an issue to me...
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#5Gobey6Posted 10/4/2012 9:32:10 PM
TC I agree 100% with everything you said. RE5 felt better because it was better focused and worked for what it was without becoming very stale or irritating to play.

While I know RE5 still wasn't perfect and still had wonky resident evil controls and gameplay design choices, It just played better all around than 6.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE resident evil and I enjoy 6. I just find myself irritated by things that shouldn't be an issue at this point, and there is inconsistent design quality and some poor design choices in general that keep me from rating this game higher.
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6