This ones for all the fans of classic Resident Evil.

#51JStewVGMPosted 10/5/2012 9:12:40 AM
ripper_man6 posted...
"this is an online/coop gaming generation"-JStewVGM
come on man if times change to online you cant make every good game online that works largely for fps games.these games earned their reputation through rock solid story and great singleplayer gameplay not online factors which now are distorting the game experience i recomend you to play old RE games though new gamers will not like graphics and gameplay youll get what i am talking about .
all the things ive said is not to insult the new RE games i myself play them all iam saying is its not correct to completely discard the old experience for targeting the new age gamers

I am also a fan of the older RE's more so then the newer ones. Unfortunately you can't argue the facts. That's not where the money is now man.

If you want nostalgia then you will have to play the old games. That's just the facts. There will never be another game exactly like RE2, FF7, Xenogears, ect. but there will also never be a game like RE6 in 10-15 years.
#52ripper_man6Posted 10/5/2012 9:17:33 AM
JStewVGM posted...
ripper_man6 posted...
"this is an online/coop gaming generation"-JStewVGM
come on man if times change to online you cant make every good game online that works largely for fps games.these games earned their reputation through rock solid story and great singleplayer gameplay not online factors which now are distorting the game experience i recomend you to play old RE games though new gamers will not like graphics and gameplay youll get what i am talking about .
all the things ive said is not to insult the new RE games i myself play them all iam saying is its not correct to completely discard the old experience for targeting the new age gamers

I am also a fan of the older RE's more so then the newer ones. Unfortunately you can't argue the facts. That's not where the money is now man.

If you want nostalgia then you will have to play the old games. That's just the facts. There will never be another game exactly like RE2, FF7, Xenogears, ect. but there will also never be a game like RE6 in 10-15 years.

thats sad man well not see old kinda games anymore..everything has changed
---
HURT ME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#53ShaneHaugheyPosted 10/5/2012 11:00:04 AM
Orochi_Lede posted...
If Capcom remade the first three in the same vein as they remade RE1 into the REmake, it would be glorious. Dear God, imagine RE2 remade...

It seems this is what it's all boilng down to with nostalgia fans, they don't want brand new RE they just want all the old RE remade over and over again.

Remove the stick from your bum. I like the new stuff. I loved the old stuff. The REmake is my favorite game in the series. RE2 was my, err, second. It's only natural, ya dig? They can make new stuff and I'll be happy and accept it. That doesn't mean I can't wish for something that I personally prefer more.

remove the stick from yours. i didn't even mention you directly, that's where you failed, guilty conscience took over, it was a general statement regarding all the hate this game has been getting because it's not "like the Old REs"

Learn to read

Funny that you say learn to read while you slaughter simple grammar. Learn to write. You quoted my post so I responded. Stop generalizing all those who love the old style since you can not possibly comprehend that some of us are able to like both systems. Next time, pick a post or poster that is being negative about the game to make your point rather than picking something at random that doesn't prove or empower your message. Complete failure of an argument on your end, partner.

Of course you attack "the grammer" narrow minds always do.

Next time learn to take an opinion and not critize it because you want to feel special for some reason, it was a general statement, deal with it. i also did not "attack you" at all. so stop using that excuse

there was no point to make because it was "STATMENT"

Learn to read was the wrong term, i should have just said learn common sense. if that's not to hard for you. or are you going to come back with your "grammer" post again like all ignorant fools do when they have no valid counter argument for something they started.

i did not realize you were so sensentive, go take your bottle, have a little nap, then come back and read it again.

but since you failed to understand what i said, let me go ahead and dumb it down for you.

The people that are complaining about this game "NOT YOU DIRECTLY " i guess that's where your 1st failure to understand came from" it was toward the fact it was not like the old RE where they just wanted nostalgia in no way did i mention you, at all, i just picked your quote to post because it made sense with my response, but then you went butthurt because i hurt your feelings somehow.

so they feel they wanted RE to be remade over and over instead of new things to happen, again, it was not towards you.

there, did you understand that a bit better? like i said, take your own advice and remove that stick.

It is grammar. Not grammer. Are you eight? I don't often see someone with such poor grammar who has a "statement" to make.

By the way, you are so angry and upset that you managed to completely miss my point. I understand that reading comprehension at the elementary school level can be a bit challenging, so let me use really simple, small words for you:

If you are going to make a point or a statement, quote a post that relates your case strongly. As is, quoting my post would be like a Romney supporter walking into a soup kitchen and saying the only people who like Obama are the homeless who need the soup kitchen, while grabbing someone who works there and making their statement with that fella instead of the bunch of homeless individuals to the left. It's an illogical and stupid move, which considering your grammar and overall English skills, seems to fir you as well. Stop being a child and grow up, unless of course you are a child in which case you just need to shut it.
#54McSlayerPosted 10/5/2012 11:13:00 AM(edited)
I can see a mistake in your spelling and grammar too. Perhaps you might be able to have a proper discussion with someone if you stopped being so sanctimonious.
#55shinobisBACKPosted 10/5/2012 11:22:33 AM
you get munched on, YOU ARE DEAD. i laughed every time i saw my partner wave some thing around and bring me back to life like magic, real wtf moment. that reason alone is a deal-breaker for me. why did they have to **** the bed after re4.... whyyyyyy
#56ShaneHaugheyPosted 10/5/2012 11:29:51 AM
McSlayer posted...
I can see a mistake in your spelling and grammar too. Perhaps you might be able to have a proper discussion with someone if you stopped being so sanctimonious.

Difference there my friend is that he launched the first salvo and is claiming he has a "statement" to make. All I said was that I would like to see Resident Evil 2 remade. Somehow this made me a perfect post to quote despite it not doing anything to empower his message.
#57VegantoKeensPosted 10/5/2012 11:41:48 AM
Revelations is awesome, but I have a 3DS and I can easily say that you cannot play or enjoy a game like RE on a goddamn 2 inch screen handheld. I don't want to piss off Nintendo fans, but the DS is only good for playing games like Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Any other game loses alot of immersion. Hell it needed a story update cutscene and character switch every 15 minutes, because handhelds are designed to play and stop on the fly. The Ai partners were pointless too.

Aside from all that the 3DS is also pretty uncomfortable to hold.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake SS FC = 2194 1693 8198
#58GodSlayer66Posted 10/5/2012 12:13:12 PM
The bad controls and fixed camera angles got old after RE2. The series got really old after RE3 and Code Veronica. Something had to be done. They never could recreate the atmosphere of RE1(not counting Remake) which is a shame. The gameplay was always terrible and the story was always ridiculous. At least they tried to fix the gameplay in RE4.
---
This post is now 20% cooler.
#59Chain_StrikePosted 10/5/2012 12:17:13 PM
lid1013 posted...
The fans of the modern RE's have been giving the classic fans a bad rep, saying things like we love archaic tank controls and fixed camera angles. They seem to think that's what made the classic RE titles what they were. You guys are dead wrong. Let me make it clear what really makes a Resident Evil game and why the modern games are

Its not the fixed camera or tank controls. Its

1. Isolation. Imagine how much more tense or nervous you would be if you had to walk through that graveyard in Leons campaign if you didn't have a partner with you. Simply put having a partner with you all the time kills the mood and tension that you could be feeling if you were alone. RE should never have co-op in the main campaign mode.

2. The Atmosphere. The mood and feel of the old games is created with the atmosphere. When you play a old RE you don't want to run guns blazing because the atmosphere creates uncertainty ,it's creepy and makes you think every time you open a door or turn the corner.

3. The Adventure elements. Puzzles and exploration, a staple of classic survival horror. Not point A to point B while shooting up enemies like the new games. This is a major reason why the new games feel so different, they are completely devoid of any adventure elements.

So please stop saying we want tank controls and fixed camera angles.

Isolation really....you only feel tense when "isolated"? Gimme a break.

Atmosphere....makes you think twice....right....maybe on the first playthrough. I can get that in any game though. same with isolation....You're just sore.
---
Juri, eng OVA is too cool for you. Beware, you're in for a wild ride! Remember FSE is #1! Followed by PP at #2!
#60snowboarderkid6Posted 10/5/2012 7:33:21 PM
Music mood and tone always lend towards atmosphere regaurdless of what number of playthrough your on and in prior to 4 there was a sense and tone about all the previous games that you were alone and everyone was working against you and everyone around you was dieing
---
Just won the superbowl with the lions in year 3 franchise if i can do it why cant they not changing sig until they do 8/21/2010