so how far u think capcom will take Leon and Chris on there ages . . .

#21good_tobiPosted 10/6/2012 12:30:36 PM
40, I would like their stories to end. Chris has already shown signs he is giving up.
---
It's too late to apologize.
#22WarmingBlastersPosted 10/6/2012 12:32:17 PM
Upper 30s and 40 isn't old, though Leon might shift further into leadership more than upfront tail-kicking after perhaps one more game. Same with Chris, maybe move up the battlefield command chain (reluctantly).

For Leon it isn't age but how long he and Ada drag on their relationship. Heck, they could meet fresh at their current age and build from there naturally. But this lengthy mutual attraction needs to go somewhere in a future game. The age of their "complicated" relationship is getting old, not really they themselves.

Get them together or something, and on the side have Chris in a military leadership role and I'd be fine moving on to relatively younger characters. Though Jake I'm only neutral on for now.
#23Jarred623Posted 10/6/2012 12:34:56 PM
Brad Vickers.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
#24crimsonfoxm1911Posted 10/6/2012 12:36:59 PM
good_tobi posted...
40, I would like their stories to end. Chris has already shown signs he is giving up.

after over a decade of fighting, not only bio-terror but crime as well (S.T.A.R.S. was Raccoon's S.W.A.T. team) i'd say almost anyone would begin to want to stop, Barry did right after Raccoon but then again he was getting to be old back then, probably still has his magnum and vest though :).
---
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/97I76xWl/crimson-fox-dsr.png
#25Just JoePosted 10/6/2012 12:38:05 PM
it's assumed that he/she is still alive somewhere in the world but where, no one knows.

It'll secretly turn out that the guy Chris was chasing was actually Alex pretending to be Albert, and they can toy with the idea of going full circle with the conflict while we all die a little more inside.

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY: 095 - 067
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.
#26crimsonfoxm1911Posted 10/6/2012 12:51:33 PM
Batsugun_basic posted...
Upper 30s and 40 isn't old, though Leon might shift further into leadership more than upfront tail-kicking after perhaps one more game. Same with Chris, maybe move up the battlefield command chain (reluctantly).

For Leon it isn't age but how long he and Ada drag on their relationship. Heck, they could meet fresh at their current age and build from there naturally. But this lengthy mutual attraction needs to go somewhere in a future game. The age of their "complicated" relationship is getting old, not really they themselves.

Get them together or something, and on the side have Chris in a military leadership role and I'd be fine moving on to relatively younger characters. Though Jake I'm only neutral on for now.

you bring up some good points, the Leon and Ada is getting old, it's over a decade old now and at some point they are going to have to make something of it or say that it won't work.

Jake is a wildcard right now, as Chris said you could literally see his father in him especially in his ending where he put's on Albert's signature glasses (literally mirror image but with a buzzcut). dressed to the nines in black, master of hand to hand combat to the extent where he can take on a crowd and literally bash open someone's skull and he can perform his father's signature Cobra strike perfectly. i think his character needs to be explored more, a jake solo campaign DLC is welcome, he seems to have a history of fighting B.O.W.s as well since he mentions the extra fee when first meeting sherry so there's something there.
---
#27LuniaraPosted 10/6/2012 12:56:05 PM
SPG080890 posted...
I really wanna see how Capcom will handle that, aging the characters is more realistic yes, but eventualy they will have to retire...

I can see it now, Leon and Chris fanboys crying because they want those characters back no matter how old they are.

Futhermore, they already established Jake as a new Protagonist, with his wesker blood giving him above human strenght I can see capcom taking a more (yes more) accion focused road with the Resident Evil, kind of like a over-the-shoulder shooter, beat-them-up kind of deal.

Knowing the way capcom likes to do things, it will be no surprise if Wesker's son turns into the new lead in future REs, after all, almost none of the old characters fight anymore, Claire for example...

Only time will tell I guess...

As always this is just my personal opinion...

I can sadly see this happening. I really like jake as a character but I hope they don't go all the way to the other side with him.

I can also see him and sherry having an over powered kid and a stupid time skip where RE goes full final fantasy! Lol scary thought yes?
---
<Insert witty message here>
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Star Ocean 4, Atelier Rorona
#28DrkVrtxPosted 10/6/2012 12:59:34 PM
I can see them passing the reins over to Jake/Sherry and other younger RE characters. Speaking of which, how old is Ada now?
#29DtokPosted 10/6/2012 1:04:10 PM
Probably nowhere near as long as with Ubisoft with Altair. Seriously, Altair actually died of old age IN the game; leave it to Ubisoft to glorify dying of old age.

Still, the day we play as Leon on a walking cane is the day fans are sick and tired of RE in general.
---
Mr. Fortune Calculator.
PSN: DToNE7
#30crimsonfoxm1911Posted 10/6/2012 1:23:12 PM(edited)
DrkVrtx posted...
I can see them passing the reins over to Jake/Sherry and other younger RE characters. Speaking of which, how old is Ada now?

according to the wiki, Ada is around 39 by the time of the tall oaks outbreak and china crisis so she still has some time before age becomes a factor, still one of the most acrobatic character's, next to Jake which is odd because the nimble role is usually reserved for females in RE.
---