I love how Capcom just adds limits to every single thing to be annoying/

#21Chain_StrikePosted 10/5/2012 4:22:07 PM
Spade59 posted...
Madigari posted...
And, thinking on it, the inventory even gives you more spaces than it did in RE5. It's "limited" insofar as ammo, grenades and herbs are concerned. It's hardly the tight squeeze it was in previous games.

If you've completed the campaign and have every weapon, yes it is. You'll often be unable to pickup something you don't have if your inventory is full of ammo, which can be a problem if you need that green herb/red herb/those shells for the immediate situation (such as leon holding up in the gun shop). It's extremely noticeable on repeat playthroughs.

Ammo conservation argument doesn't even make sense because your inventory is full of mostly weapons and ammo. It's quite ironic, actually.

Then bring only what's necesssary.
---
Juri, eng OVA is too cool for you. Beware, you're in for a wild ride! Remember FSE is #1! Followed by PP at #2!
#22Will446Posted 10/5/2012 4:26:10 PM
Just pay the 9.99 for the expansion in the game which gives you more space.
#23Spade59Posted 10/5/2012 4:26:18 PM
Madigari posted...
Roll with it. Or complain about it. Whichever; doesn't really matter in the long run. It is how it is, same as it was how it was ("Do I take more herbs from the magic box and risk not having ammo, or should I leave some behind to make sure I have space for anything I need to pick up?"). With proper planning and decisive action on what things to drop, this is really a gigantic non-issue.

Difference being the item you put in the space-time box doesn't disappear for good. Also, in situations where there is no time to discard, see the first example I gave or any other areas in the game like it, discarding to make room becomes a problem. The older games didn't have this problem because you either did it intermittently out of combat in a save room or with the game-pausing inventory.
#24MadigariPosted 10/5/2012 4:32:53 PM
Spade59 posted...
Difference being the item you put in the space-time box doesn't disappear for good. Also, in situations where there is no time to discard, see the first example I gave or any other areas in the game like it, discarding to make room becomes a problem. The older games didn't have this problem because you either did it intermittently out of combat in a save room or with the game-pausing inventory.

Three points about that, though:

1) There is no way -anyone- could argue that a complete pause of all action while you sift through your inventory, or outright -use- items in your inventory (such as herbs), brings the survival element to a game.

2) The older games -had- to have a magic box, because there was no dropping anything. Similarly, because everything was limited (not short in supply, mind you, but still limited in supply), you would have been boned if you'd dropped ammo to make room for an herb, or vice-versa.

3) There are still points where enemies don't pop up and you can take the time to plan out your inventory and make space in this game. Similarly, even during combat situations, there's usually places away from the action you can go to try and sort through it (in your example, for example, try running up the stairs where the guy is locked in, and quickly sorting through and dropping stuff; no enemies spawn there, and it will take them a while to get to it with all the people shooting in the front room)
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#25chaostdkPosted 10/5/2012 4:36:22 PM
Spade59 posted...
Madigari posted...
Roll with it. Or complain about it. Whichever; doesn't really matter in the long run. It is how it is, same as it was how it was ("Do I take more herbs from the magic box and risk not having ammo, or should I leave some behind to make sure I have space for anything I need to pick up?"). With proper planning and decisive action on what things to drop, this is really a gigantic non-issue.

err... considering the fact that each and every item you can discard is renewable (barring grenades, at least from my experience with drops from enemies), the items you discard don't really disappear for good. and while not quite the same atmosphere as a paused menu, there ARE lulls in the action that allow for discarding items.
#26Spade59Posted 10/5/2012 4:48:59 PM
Madigari posted...

1) There is no way -anyone- could argue that a complete pause of all action while you sift through your inventory, or outright -use- items in your inventory (such as herbs), brings the survival element to a game.

But being able to micromanage your inventory during combat does? Note: you can't even do that efficiently. You can use healing items almost instantly in RE6. Inventory management is only taking away from what the devs are aiming for.

2) The older games -had- to have a magic box, because there was no dropping anything. Similarly, because everything was limited (not short in supply, mind you, but still limited in supply), you would have been boned if you'd dropped ammo to make room for an herb, or vice-versa.

Zero had it, but it sucked. In the RE6 campaign you'll probably have to drop ammo for one or two of your guns to make room for herbs or another type of ammo you want. The limited space is pointless because you're hardly losing anything of value. This was not the case in older titles.

3) There are still points where enemies don't pop up and you can take the time to plan out your inventory and make space in this game.

Pretty sure everyone manages their inventory out of combat. Problem is this game doesn't give you the option of removing yourself from it, so if you need that red herb on the ground, which is conveniently placed near a zombie window or out of cover, be prepared to take a few bullets or get grabbed while you discard something.
#27MadigariPosted 10/5/2012 5:07:10 PM(edited)
Spade59 posted...
But being able to micromanage your inventory during combat does? Note: you can't even do that efficiently. You can use healing items almost instantly in RE6. Inventory management is only taking away from what the devs are aiming for.

It's far more realistic to a survival experience. How many times have you been in a fight and said, "Wait! I happen to have a Band-Aid in my back pocket that I can put on my cut. Time out!"? If more than zero, you fought against some pretty lenient guys. Similarly, if the developers meant for you to be able to carry everything you came across, they would have made it so you can carry everything you came across. Last I checked, FF in hexadecimal doesn't stop at 150 (or less, if not talking about handgun bullets). [EDIT: Assuming we're talking just 8 bits here, of course.]

Zero had it, but it sucked. In the RE6 campaign you'll probably have to drop ammo for one or two of your guns to make room for herbs or another type of ammo you want. The limited space is pointless because you're hardly losing anything of value. This was not the case in older titles.

True. But, again, you wanted limited inventory, you got it. Don't I usually say, "Be careful what you wish for"? Because I'm pretty sure I said it a few times before RE6 was released, and also about the RE2 REmake they're bandying about. Also, I'd argue that limited inventory makes more sense in this scenario -because- nothing you're throwing away is of any value; there's always more right around the corner. (Except for herbs/first aid sprays; only scant few enemies drop those, and they're scripted.)

Pretty sure everyone manages their inventory out of combat. Problem is this game doesn't give you the option of removing yourself from it, so if you need that red herb on the ground, which is conveniently placed near a zombie window or out of cover, be prepared to take a few bullets or get grabbed while you discard something.

I just told you how to remove yourself from it in your own example. Want me to list off a few more examples? I can, you know; I've been paying attention while I play every chapter twice in a row, once for each character. [EDIT, mk. 2: Also, in your example, more zombies come in by the wide-open area than by the boarded-up front door. Even if you don't go back to the stairs, that spot has a -way- reduced spawn rate you can take advantage of.]
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#28LansfieldPosted 10/5/2012 5:41:21 PM
I love how I have lots of Ammo before that I can't pick up anything anymore then a little while later I'm all out again @_@. Damn Inventory system. they changed everything except the annoying inventory.

Man, this is why people hate Capcom. They strip out all the classic good elements in the game then they leave the annoying ones. What were they expecting? Fans will react like "I love the inventory system, gives the old classic RE feel where I need to debate on what to pick up! Woohoo thanks guys! This is so RE! this is what WE ALL WANTED! WOOOHOOO!"
#29Albelnox0Posted 10/5/2012 5:45:15 PM
Sylar100 posted...
My ammo is taking up a lot of my spaces.

Oh look i found an herb, i can't use it in herb form anymore because first i have to put it in my tablet case.

Ok then oh look my Tablet Case is full apparently all i can do is discard the herb because i can't even ****** use it as an herb by itself. Every other RE game you can use herbs as herbs, but now Leon becomes stupid and doesn't know how anymore?

It literally makes no sense at all

Ever play RE1 or RE2 this arguement you are making is the most stupid arguement any fan of the re series can make
#30Albelnox0Posted 10/5/2012 5:48:36 PM
Sylar100 posted...
Chain_Strike posted...
Then discard them? What's wrong with that. Personal problem if you ask me.

Because i want my damn healing items? If i was able to use herbs as herbs in every other game, then i should be able to use them fine in this. There is no reason i can't just use the Green Herb by itself.
Welcome to Resident Evil