The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

POLL: Chris vs Leon. An All-Around Battle (Semi-Spoilers)

#1AsianSupermanPosted 10/5/2012 8:14:11 PM
Given the notes listed below, who would win between RE's two most popular male protagonists? - Results (636 votes)
Chris
44.97% (286 votes)
Leon
55.03% (350 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hand to Hand: Given what we've seen in the games, both characters are highly gifted athletes, with Chris being a resilient, boulder bashing power house and Leon being a parkouring, martial artist super spy. As much as I love Leon, I'd give a slight advantage to Chris, as I cannot see Leon outlasting Chris in a hand to hand fight.

Knife Fighting: Not much has been shown regarding Chris's knife fighting skills. All we know is that he's proficient in using a knife. Leon was obviously trained in knife tactical combat, taking down giant BOWs with such a weapon. I'd give the advantage to Leon.

Gunning: Chris is a highly regarded marksman, but Leon can dual wield guns with accuracy. Being ambidextrous with firearms is a very very tough skill. I'd give Leon the advantage.

Vehicles: Leon is clearly unlucky with vehicles. He's crashed cars, planes and helicopters. He has also indirectly crashed buses, trains and land rovers, given his luck. Clearly, a battle in any form or transportation or heavy artillery goes to Chris.
---
Dragon's Dogma. Proof that even as corrupt as Capcom has become, they can still come up with amazing games.
#2Lord_Shadow_19Posted 10/5/2012 8:24:14 PM
Leon is probably the best Secret Service agent the Gov't ever had, however Chris is basically a BSAA superman.

Chris clearly wins this on most accounts.

Chris is definitely better with guns, bigger, stronger, can take many times more punishment, has more combat experience, and has taken on toughrr foes than what Leon has faced.

Leon has an advantage in knife fighting, is more agile, and tends to be better in a lone wolf situation than Chris (though this doesn't mea much in this match-up).

Chris takes this 7/3.

And Leon is a terrible driver
---
Need partner to carry me in RE6 mercenaries. PSN: Entropy19
#3AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 8:32:45 PM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Leon is probably the best Secret Service agent the Gov't ever had, however Chris is basically a BSAA superman.

Chris clearly wins this on most accounts.

Chris is definitely better with guns, bigger, stronger, can take many times more punishment, has more combat experience, and has taken on toughrr foes than what Leon has faced.

Leon has an advantage in knife fighting, is more agile, and tends to be better in a lone wolf situation than Chris (though this doesn't mea much in this match-up).

Chris takes this 7/3.

And Leon is a terrible driver

While I do prefer Leon more, I honestly think that fight would go 50/50. It all depends on the situation.

I'm not sure about Chris taking on tougher monsters than Leon. I'm not sure if RE5 Wesker could take on (Semi-Spoilers) Dino-Simmons.

I'd also say that Leon has the advantage with guns. Dual wielding is an extremely tough skill, let alone being a marksman at it. Until we can see Chris dual wield, I'd say Leon's the better gunner.
---
Dragon's Dogma. Proof that even as corrupt as Capcom has become, they can still come up with amazing games.
#4AsianSuperman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 9:47:35 PM
Keep voting guys! Post your opinions as well.
---
#5LovethepythonPosted 10/5/2012 11:00:01 PM
Firearms
Leon is great with guns but Chris is superb, he was the best marskman in the S.T.A.R.S. unit and he shines in RE5 when he shoots a Mijini on turret from a fair distance while on a fast moving boat, now that's skill. I belive Chris is better with guns than any other character.

Knifes
Even though Chris is a expert knife user, you never see any proof of it, but Leon my god the knife fight with Krauser now that was pure skill so this is a no brainer.

Hand to hand
I really can't decide between the two. Chris is balanced with strength and speed, but Leon is pure speed. I think Chris will have a hard time hitting Leon but if he did Leon won't will know about it.

So that leaves it a stalemate, they are both talented in their own way and both have different advantages over eachother.
---
The death cannot hear.
#6BosSBaerPosted 10/5/2012 11:21:13 PM
Leon.
---
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz
#7Solar1214Posted 10/6/2012 1:08:14 AM
Lovethepython posted...
Firearms
Leon is great with guns but Chris is superb, he was the best marskman in the S.T.A.R.S. unit and he shines in RE5 when he shoots a Mijini on turret from a fair distance while on a fast moving boat, now that's skill. I belive Chris is better with guns than any other character.

Knifes
Even though Chris is a expert knife user, you never see any proof of it, but Leon my god the knife fight with Krauser now that was pure skill so this is a no brainer.

Hand to hand
I really can't decide between the two. Chris is balanced with strength and speed, but Leon is pure speed. I think Chris will have a hard time hitting Leon but if he did Leon won't will know about it.

So that leaves it a stalemate, they are both talented in their own way and both have different advantages over eachother.

If you watch the "Chris vs Leon" cutscene in-game.
Leon gets the jump on Chris, but Chris still "wins."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhLSPIds7no

Chris wins in everything except MAYBE a knife fight.
For what its worth, in RE6 gameplay wise, Chris is better with the knife.

Quick fire is 2 slashes as opposed to Leons one slash.
Chris' back dash with a knife equipped he slashes twice as well.

Also, Leon vs Krauser knife fight, while impressive, he would have died if Ada didn't show up. Reason being, Krauser just over-powered him, I feel Chris would just do the same.
#8jsquad4136Posted 10/6/2012 1:22:00 AM
Chris seemed to land the most hits/headlocks. Then again, Leon was probably fighting defensive while Chris was offensive. Chris was in a rage at the moment. He was definitely fighting lethal. Leon didn't land any real blows but he was good at dodging Chris's attacks and getting out of his headlocks.

I would love to see how the fight would have played out if they both agreed to a fight and were with a equal mindset. Chris's rage vs Leon's level head made the fight more of a draw than I was expecting.

I do feel like if they hadn't have drawn guns on each other than Chris would have killed Leon in blind rage. He was so worked up on adrenaline that he wouldn't have tired out easily. Leon would have had to pull a precise hit to neutralize Chis. We know that Leon has fancy fighting moves but we don't know if he has precision when it comes to immediately ending a fist fight. He would have to hit a certain nerve on Chris to demobilize his limbs. Don't know if Leon can do that.

And this is coming from a guy that actually likes Leon more.
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."
#9dead_assassinPosted 10/6/2012 2:08:17 AM
Well, as stated, Leon may get lucky if he wears Chris down with some kicks to the face repeatedly and maybe some knife slices. But if Chris catches Leon with a haymaker, bearhug or boulder moving punch, then it is clearly all over for Leon.
---
PSN: Marshalljmpmk2
Current Number of PS3 Platinum Trophies: 38
#10DanteDevilsPosted 10/6/2012 2:17:05 AM
Leon was punched in the face by a Tyrant and shook it off, I think he will be fine after a punch from Chris.
---
"The real reason Jonah hates me... is because I'm black! .........Kidding. Sorry" - The Amazing Spider-Man