The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Cant play RE6 due to some weird issues.

#1dabomb3000Posted 10/6/2012 1:32:07 AM
so i bought RE6 digitally and the game boots up fine. i go through tutorial and even can start a campaign. eventually it will get a point where the PS3 will freeze up and i have to hardboot PS3. when i go to load my save again, instead of getting a loading screen.. i get a black screen.

It seems the only way i can continue playing is if i delete my save and go through it from the beginning.. and it crashes randomly (first time was chapter 1.. second time was chapter 2).. ive uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now (redownloading it of course :/) ive also replaced my HDD in the ps3.. same issues.

of course i tried different campaigns to see if i can get any play out of it... no change.. crash n burn. whats really odd is that after i did a auto save and quit game normally, it still wont load second time booting the game up. so i dont know what to do..

*sigh* to top it all off, theres also graphic issues while playing at times.. like weird lines coming out the characters head or jittering..

so yeah, im clueless why this game isnt working for me. i guess im totally out of $60. lol
#2XSilverPhoenixXPosted 10/6/2012 1:34:53 AM
There have been issues with the download code of this game and corrupt data.

On top of that your system's GPU is dying. That's what causes graphical distortions such as pointed artefacts coming out of the models.
#3dabomb3000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 1:46:32 AM
oh okay..I heard about the RE6 issues with the UK copies.. so i wasnt sure if it applyed to the US version.

and the GPU makes since.. its a launch ps3. so thats is to be expected..odd it only does it on RE6 tho...lol

but thanks bro for the info. :)
#4XSilverPhoenixXPosted 10/6/2012 1:52:11 AM
Yeah, I lost my 80GB fat a few months ago and it was depressing. Unfortunately these things just don't make it long enough.

RE6 is a graphic intensive game so it probably works the system harder with it being newer. Your other games might be fine for a while but you'll notice changes or your system may just die.

You could get one of the new slims or the regular slim and decide whether or not you want to use the hard drive you installed. New slims have 250GB or 500GB.
#5LuniaraPosted 10/6/2012 1:58:18 AM
are you sure it's something that tends to happen to all PS3s?

I've got a refurbed 80GB I bought about three years ago. Still going strong! Not to take away from the topic but wondering if anyone knows an age limit to them :< I dont want to say goodbye to my Ps3! (especially since I cant buy a new one)
---
<Insert witty message here>
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Star Ocean 4, Atelier Rorona
#6XSilverPhoenixXPosted 10/6/2012 2:05:39 AM
It depends on the initial problem. All electronics fail eventually. Your refurb can last a while but it will end up having problems eventually. The only problem is not knowing when.

Starhawk killed my PS3 because the game is a glitchfest and when it forces soft reboots or hard shutdowns it makes the system function outside of normal means. That's not good for anything.
#7jmtstanPosted 10/6/2012 2:17:41 AM
my 80GB ps3 just got blinking red light for playing DOA5... and its a 4 years old machine.
---
I bought Galaxy Note instead of Vita... what am I thinking?
PSN: jmtstan1138
#8XSilverPhoenixXPosted 10/6/2012 2:36:18 AM
jmtstan posted...
my 80GB ps3 just got blinking red light for playing DOA5... and its a 4 years old machine.

*hands you a silver rose* I'm sorry for your loss.
#9dabomb3000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 4:18:39 AM
well..if my ps3 does hit the pavement, i wont be too upset about it.. I had it for so long and i got my use out of it. lol. luckly for me though.. DOA hasnt caused me any problems..(so glad i got that on disc. lol)
#10Alky88Posted 10/6/2012 4:29:29 AM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
It depends on the initial problem. All electronics fail eventually. Your refurb can last a while but it will end up having problems eventually. The only problem is not knowing when.

Starhawk killed my PS3 because the game is a glitchfest and when it forces soft reboots or hard shutdowns it makes the system function outside of normal means. That's not good for anything.

Yeah, unless it's a gameboy.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"