The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why dont people like RE5?

#1fire21971Posted 10/6/2012 2:49:38 AM
I've been looking around the RE boards because i have nothing better to do and noticed that there is a lot of hate for RE5! I really liked it and i dont know whats wrong with it. So can someone please explain?
#2LansfieldPosted 10/6/2012 3:14:19 AM
I don't know but a lot of people blame the success of RE 5 which has made the developers switch to a more action oriented RE? I don't know. But RE 5 got positive reviews so I think people like RE 5 better.
#3DarkD3stinyPosted 10/6/2012 3:15:02 AM
Because Shinji didn't make it.
---
I find it funny how people say re5 is a terrible game when it out sold re4. Especially since re4 had longer to sell and got sold on more consoles.
#4DarkD3stinyPosted 10/6/2012 3:18:17 AM
Lansfield posted...
I don't know but a lot of people blame the success of RE 5 which has made the developers switch to a more action oriented RE? I don't know. But RE 5 got positive reviews so I think people like RE 5 better.

Strange how re4 didn't get blamed for re5.
---
I find it funny how people say re5 is a terrible game when it out sold re4. Especially since re4 had longer to sell and got sold on more consoles.
#5LansfieldPosted 10/6/2012 3:23:55 AM
RE 4 was blamed as well for RE 5. It's a chain lol. But RE 4 was nearer to the classic Resident Evil in terms of atmosphere because of that over all eeriness. RE 5 was just plain mad savage africans wanting to kill you while screaming stuff you don't understand. I don't know, Spanish seemed a little scarier than psycho gibberish.
#6tehdudPosted 10/6/2012 3:28:35 AM
it was basically an on rail shooter.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#7DarkD3stinyPosted 10/6/2012 3:28:59 AM
Lansfield posted...
RE 4 was blamed as well for RE 5. It's a chain lol. But RE 4 was nearer to the classic Resident Evil in terms of atmosphere because of that over all eeriness. RE 5 was just plain mad savage africans wanting to kill you while screaming stuff you don't understand. I don't know, Spanish seemed a little scarier than psycho gibberish.

re4 is nothing like the old re games and has hardly any atmosphere to use that as a reasonable point to your debate.
---
#8DarkD3stinyPosted 10/6/2012 3:30:39 AM
tehdud posted...
it was basically an on rail shooter.

Apart from chapter 2-3 where was the rest of the rail shooting?
---
#9Buddy_DacotePosted 10/6/2012 3:37:13 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
Lansfield posted...

re4 is nothing like the old re games and has hardly any atmosphere to use that as a reasonable point to your debate.

So collecting keys, solving puzzles, gothic environments wasn't in the first games? Stranger, I could swear people keep bringing those points up when complaining about RE6 being too different.
#10wheepitupPosted 10/6/2012 3:38:06 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
Lansfield posted...

At least RE4 had dark areas and mansionlike settings. RE5 has no atmosphere at all.
---
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter