Why dont people like RE5?

#101edward18Posted 10/7/2012 9:07:04 AM

If you don't think RE1 took itself too seriously, then you really have no standards.

Then how come I don't approve of 4 and 5 and other games?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/64244586/719473545

None of those are presented as facts.

Let me clarify something for you, Chris. I don't think of myself as a king. No, I am a god! And even kings bow to gods!
Has it never occurred to you that this planet is overpopulated? Only a handful of humans truly matter. Everyone else is just so much chaff. So now I have to separate this chaff from the wheat. And with Uroboros I can finally accomplish this.
Only those with superior DNA will be chosen by Uroboros. Only those fit for survival will be allowed to carry their genes into a new age!
The entire world will be infected. A new Genesis is at hand and I will be the creator!
Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!
The human race requires judgment!

...uhuh...

Reads like a list of cliches you should avoid.

considering Wesker's always been made of cliches...

Regardless of how little or much you buy, 60$ is a lot to spend on something you want to be done with in a couple of hours.

Well I've never spent over 50 dollars on a game that wasn't Earthworm Jim Special Edition, and why would length matter?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#102HyperProtomanXPosted 10/7/2012 9:33:49 AM
edward18 posted...
If you don't think RE1 took itself too seriously, then you really have no standards.

Then how come I don't approve of 4 and 5 and other games?

Perhaps you do then, but not in terms of what's too serious or silly.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/64244586/719473545

None of those are presented as facts.

You presented those opinions in a strict tone, without adding in anything like "in my opinion."

Let me clarify something for you, Chris. I don't think of myself as a king. No, I am a god! And even kings bow to gods!
Has it never occurred to you that this planet is overpopulated? Only a handful of humans truly matter. Everyone else is just so much chaff. So now I have to separate this chaff from the wheat. And with Uroboros I can finally accomplish this.
Only those with superior DNA will be chosen by Uroboros. Only those fit for survival will be allowed to carry their genes into a new age!
The entire world will be infected. A new Genesis is at hand and I will be the creator!
Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!
The human race requires judgment!

...uhuh...

Reads like a list of cliches you should avoid.

considering Wesker's always been made of cliches...

Many considered him stylish before and only called him generic and cliched when he got lines like that.

Regardless of how little or much you buy, 60$ is a lot to spend on something you want to be done with in a couple of hours.

Well I've never spent over 50 dollars on a game that wasn't Earthworm Jim Special Edition, and why would length matter?

Very well then, but 50$ is a lot too for just a couple of hours. Length matters because when you spend money, you want something in return. You know, content.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
#103edward18Posted 10/7/2012 9:40:56 AM

Perhaps you do then, but not in terms of what's too serious or silly.

That's a high probability.

You presented those opinions in a strict tone, without adding in anything like "in my opinion."

You shouldn't have to. It should be obvious that those kind of claims are opinions.

Many considered him stylish before and only called him generic and cliched when he got lines like that.

He's always just been a badass made of cliches. Dark and mysterious wearing sunglasses and black and able to kick anyone's ass and blah blah blah.

Very well then, but 50$ is a lot too for just a couple of hours. Length matters because when you spend money, you want something in return. You know, content.

Just play the game again. That's how it always was when I was little.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#104HyperProtomanXPosted 10/7/2012 9:53:42 AM
edward18 posted...

You shouldn't have to. It should be obvious that those kind of claims are opinions.

It's good manners. Anyone ever teach you those?

He's always just been a badass made of cliches. Dark and mysterious wearing sunglasses and black and able to kick anyone's ass and blah blah blah.

Yes, and still wasn't cliched in a way that would've bothered too many players, unlike his characterization towards the end of RE5.

Just play the game again. That's how it always was when I was little.

Developers shouldn't count on that. You might not be interested in playing the game again, even if it was good.
---
#105edward18Posted 10/7/2012 9:55:20 AM

Not for the internet.

Yes, and still wasn't cliched in a way that would've bothered too many players, unlike his characterization towards the end of RE5.

Just seemed like a natural evolution of the character to me.

Developers shouldn't count on that. You might not be interested in playing the game again, even if it was good.

...why wouldn't you?
---
#106HyperProtomanXPosted 10/7/2012 10:02:28 AM
edward18 posted...

Not for the internet.

Rather sad. Not being able to see another person's face is no reason to forget manners.

Just seemed like a natural evolution of the character to me.

Not to me and many others.

...why wouldn't you?

Because a lot of games can only hold your interest until the credits roll? That's why you should make sure there's a lot of interesting content before that.
---
#107edward18Posted 10/7/2012 10:04:31 AM
Rather sad. Not being able to see another person's face is no reason to forget manners.

I don't see how I've been rude, but my apologies.

Because a lot of games can only hold your interest until the credits roll? That's why you should make sure there's a lot of interesting content before that.

That's no excuse for dragging RE out as long as 4 did gameplaywise.
---
#108HyperProtomanXPosted 10/7/2012 10:09:43 AM
edward18 posted...

Presenting your opinion like "I'm right, me!" is rude, but your apology is accepted.

Myself and many others found it interesting, entertaining content and were happy it was as long as it was. On the other hand, RE4 is one of those games I just keep going back to.
---
#109Hawke0Posted 10/7/2012 10:11:37 AM
Because:
Forced co-op
Unoriginal enemy design
Sheva taking the place of Jill or Barry (this is really blown out of proportion, and Jill is boring anyway)
Almost all of the game was copy/pasted from RE4, but it was still shorter.
rail shooting
Makes Wesker an idiot
on disc DLC
No atmosphere
Most of all, high expectations because it was the sequel to the innovative, genre defining, and vastly superior RE4.
Need I go on?
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Hawke
I am not dumb but I am stupid!!! -Bio
#110pyro_buntaPosted 10/7/2012 10:23:14 AM
HyperProtomanX posted...
edward18 posted...

Presenting your opinion like "I'm right, me!" is rude, but your apology is accepted.

Myself and many others found it interesting, entertaining content and were happy it was as long as it was. On the other hand, RE4 is one of those games I just keep going back to.

This, totally.

I never said I disliked the other RE games but RE4 is probably one of the games that has tons of replay value. RE4 never dragged. Game time wise it has an ideal game length and stuff that can keep you going even longer if you want more with side stuff, like Mercenaries or Seperate Ways.
---
...if you know what I mean