Why dont people like RE5?

#61HyperProtomanXPosted 10/6/2012 12:51:27 PM
his appearance similarly surprising, and his start of darkness was shown there because of his popularity.

He's popular?

Yes.

True enough, but it fits when you go into a more action-oriented direction.

Not in these situations it doesn't. And the series shouldn't have gone in an action-oriented direction.

The Merchant is obviously not just some random guy scared by an outbreak. I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion about the direction.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
#62edward18Posted 10/6/2012 12:54:56 PM

How is it not?

Because it has the same crappy gameplay. Enemies still shoot at you, they shoot ****ing cannonballs during the castle part, they have the stupid quicktime crap, and it's just the same as 5 but with a worse story and a protagonist that makes me wanna rip my ears off.

It's also protecting someone who's scared out of their mind, which is more horror than going around with someone who's also a hero.

And is more annoying.

Because you speak like your opinion is more common than it is.

I do?

His character was not ruined for everyone by his sudden appearance.

He had no character to ruin. He was boring as hell.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#63RE6_USTANAKPosted 10/6/2012 12:57:23 PM
edward18 posted...
Because it has the same crappy gameplay. Enemies still shoot at you, they shoot ****ing cannonballs during the castle part, they have the stupid quicktime crap, and it's just the same as 5 but with a worse story and a protagonist that makes me wanna rip my ears off.

YES, YOU'RE RIGHT, FIVE MINUTES OF GETTING PELTED WITH CANNONBALLS IS THE SAME AS FIGHTING SOLDIERS WITH AK-47S FOR TWO HOURS.
#64edward18Posted 10/6/2012 1:02:09 PM
That's the same as getting shot with those stupid ass bow and arrows.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#65HyperProtomanXPosted 10/6/2012 1:02:27 PM
edward18 posted...
How is it not?

The enemies shoot less than in RE5, which doesn't really have many quiet moments. The story is tongue-in-cheek, and you're alone with your opinion on Leon.

It's also protecting someone who's scared out of their mind, which is more horror than going around with someone who's also a hero.

And is more annoying.

Opinions. I can't really decide which was more annoying, but Ashley is not with you all the time at least.

Because you speak like your opinion is more common than it is.

I do?

You said "people", implying it applies to more than just you.

His character was not ruined for everyone by his sudden appearance.

In your opinion.
---
#66edward18Posted 10/6/2012 1:04:05 PM

The enemies shoot less than in RE5, which doesn't really have many quiet moments. The story is tongue-in-cheek, and you're alone with your opinion on Leon.

The story shouldn't be tongue-in-cheek and I know I'm not the only one that thinks that about Leon.

Cause I've met others that share my opinion.

In your opinion.

Is there some reason you keep saying "in your opinion"? It's obvious that that's what it is as you're giving your opinions as well.
---
#67HyperProtomanXPosted 10/6/2012 1:10:34 PM
edward18 posted...

The story shouldn't be tongue-in-cheek and I know I'm not the only one that thinks that about Leon.

Why is tongue-in-cheek story bad for RE, known for its silly dialogue? You're probably not the only person, but your opinion is not very common.

Cause I've met others that share my opinion.

Not too many of those.

In your opinion.

Is there some reason you keep saying "in your opinion"? It's obvious that that's what it is as you're giving your opinions as well.

Because you state your opinion like it's a fact, or something everyone who played RE4 would agree with.
---
#68edward18Posted 10/6/2012 1:14:32 PM
Why is tongue-in-cheek story bad for RE, known for its silly dialogue? You're probably not the only person, but your opinion is not very common.

Because they took themselves seriously and did not pass of the story as a joke.

Not too many of those.

You're not me. You wouldn't know.

Because you state your opinion like it's a fact, or something everyone who played RE4 would agree with.

No I don't.
---
#69HyperProtomanXPosted 10/6/2012 1:30:58 PM
edward18 posted...

Because they took themselves seriously and did not pass of the story as a joke.

If you take yourself too seriously, like many would say the earlier games did, you're better off taking yourself less seriously in the future.

Not too many of those.

You're not me. You wouldn't know.

I didn't mean among the people you've met, I meant among those who've played the game in general.

No I don't.

Ahem...

Post #33: Like hell. The only "interesting" character in 4's cast were Salazar and Luis.
Post #43: Who they just turned into a sarcastic ass.
God he annoyed me. He just comes out of nowhere acting like he's been in a game before and is one of the blandest antagonists there's been in the series.
He's one of the things that made 4 so bad. You shouldn't be able to buy stuff in the games, especially not actually going to a store and buying
He's the only one with any real story being the scientist involved with the Plagas and all. That's the only thing that makes him meaningful and sets him apart from the rest of the stupid cast.

Post #48: No he was not. It felt like he was just tossed in without a proper introduction, which he was. DC should've come out before 4.
Which is why it's so sad that he's better than pretty much all the other characters.

Post #55: And the series shouldn't have gone in an action-oriented direction.
Post #62: Because it has the same crappy gameplay. Enemies still shoot at you, they shoot ****ing cannonballs during the castle part, they have the stupid quicktime crap, and it's just the same as 5 but with a worse story and a protagonist that makes me wanna rip my ears off.
And is more annoying.

Post #64: That's the same as getting shot with those stupid ass bow and arrows.

Yeah, you know what, you totally don't.
---
#70edward18Posted 10/6/2012 1:33:06 PM

If you take yourself too seriously, like many would say the earlier games did, you're better off taking yourself less seriously in the future.

No you're not. It's better to have consistency.

I didn't mean among the people you've met, I meant among those who've played the game in general.

If you say so.

Post #33: Like hell. The only "interesting" character in 4's cast were Salazar and Luis.
Post #43: Who they just turned into a sarcastic ass.
God he annoyed me. He just comes out of nowhere acting like he's been in a game before and is one of the blandest antagonists there's been in the series.
He's one of the things that made 4 so bad. You shouldn't be able to buy stuff in the games, especially not actually going to a store and buying
He's the only one with any real story being the scientist involved with the Plagas and all. That's the only thing that makes him meaningful and sets him apart from the rest of the stupid cast.
Post #48: No he was not. It felt like he was just tossed in without a proper introduction, which he was. DC should've come out before 4.
Which is why it's so sad that he's better than pretty much all the other characters.
Post #55: And the series shouldn't have gone in an action-oriented direction.
Post #62: Because it has the same crappy gameplay. Enemies still shoot at you, they shoot ****ing cannonballs during the castle part, they have the stupid quicktime crap, and it's just the same as 5 but with a worse story and a protagonist that makes me wanna rip my ears off.
And is more annoying.
Post #64: That's the same as getting shot with those stupid ass bow and arrows.

Yeah, you know what, you totally don't.

correct.

And how'd you find out the numbers of all those posts?
---