I wish Shinji Mikami and Hideki Kamiya can take back the Resident Evil franchise

#11edward18Posted 10/6/2012 11:49:59 AM
4 turned Leon into an ass, changed the gameplay, and had nothing to do with anything else in the series.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#12AzureVergilPosted 10/6/2012 11:55:10 AM
edward18 posted...
4 turned Leon into an ass, changed the gameplay, and had nothing to do with anything else in the series.

Making sarcastic comments and jokes isn't being an ass.

Chris in this game is an ass, yelling at his team and insult them because he is their leader and just think about revenge.
#13Valkerion757Posted 10/6/2012 11:57:59 AM
edward18 posted...

THAT

For as fresh as the gameplay was and it is a good game, it had no point to the RE universe and the scramble to make it have anything to do with the franchise was way to blatant and pointless in the last 4 seconds of the game. Not to mention the pure ridiculousness of the whole fun house style of the setting, kartwheeling through laser fences and running from giant midget statues... really yet people still cannot wrap their heads around why "RE fans" did not enjoy RE4 that much.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#14edward18Posted 10/6/2012 11:58:55 AM
Leon was a ton more annoying to me Azure
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#15ManinstagnatePosted 10/6/2012 12:02:32 PM
I agree that Mikami's leave is one of the main reasons the series has been going downhill but I doubt he will work for Capcom again. Lets just hope that someone who actually understands the series can get a hold of it.
#16Blackmarvel79Posted 10/6/2012 12:12:58 PM
Valkerion757 posted...
edward18 posted...

THAT

For as fresh as the gameplay was and it is a good game, it had no point to the RE universe and the scramble to make it have anything to do with the franchise was way to blatant and pointless in the last 4 seconds of the game. Not to mention the pure ridiculousness of the whole fun house style of the setting, kartwheeling through laser fences and running from giant midget statues... really yet people still cannot wrap their heads around why "RE fans" did not enjoy RE4 that much.

RE fans did enjoy the game. RE fans are varied. Not just people who only Enjoy 1-3 and CV. The way you say it is so wrong. So saying RE fans didnt enjoy it is crap.
---
Currently playing God of War Saga.
#17LuminousSparkPosted 10/6/2012 12:55:50 PM
edward18 posted...

This is the best you come up with? Weak

The gameplay was fresh and innovative and go play RE5 because majority of the Manjis were created from the La Plagas and you said it has nothing to do with the series. You don't even know anything about the story.
#18edward18Posted 10/6/2012 12:59:28 PM

This is the best you come up with? Weak

How's an opinion weak?

The gameplay was fresh and innovative

And did not belong in RE.

and go play RE5 because majority of the Manjis were created from the La Plagas and you said it has nothing to do with the series.

Plagas are not what the story of 5's about. It's about Uroboros. Plagas were just slapped in there for the newcomers.

You don't even know anything about the story.

Ask me anything about the story before 6 and I can likely answer it.
---
#19MadigariPosted 10/6/2012 1:03:22 PM
...Plagas were not just slapped in there. The whole point of RE4, if anything to the main story, was getting Wesker a sample of the Plagas virus, so he could modify it the way he did.

If anything, RE4 serves as the prelude to RE5, because everything done in 4 is all for the sake of setting up 5. Note, for the record, there is -no- version of RE5's planning stages that -didn't- include the Majini.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#20GodSlayer66Posted 10/6/2012 1:04:03 PM
edward18 posted...

And did not belong in RE.

Oh you, fanboys...
---
This post is now 20% cooler.