poor ratings but whats your personal rating? honestly

#41Diablo56789Posted 10/6/2012 4:42:57 PM
kewldude475 posted...
vashtricham posted...
8 good game with a few minor flaws

I loved this game a lot. I would have rated it higher. but it needed another coat of Polish, some animations, textures needed improving

as well as no costumes for story mode was a giant bummer for me
---
I've got a gun to your head!
S.T.A.R.S. Member: Nemesis STAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRSSSS PSN: FoS H I Zandgiggles (No spaces or caps)
#42theycallmeboPosted 10/6/2012 4:44:36 PM
Proudleaf24 posted...
I've always looked at it this way too. I do believe the industry also follows this perspective as well. Hence why 7/10s are viewed as "Average" by the majority of players.

I see the whole "5/10 is average" argument, but if you think about it, even that doesn't make any sense. 5/10 wouldn't be average, because the cumulative average of most review sites is around 6-7. If the cumulative average is in that score range, an "average" game cannot possibly be 5/10, because it falls below the cumulative average. It is thus, below average.

I agree with the fact that a game which gets a 5 is certainly below average. The average for games in general does seem to be around a 7, which to me is still a bit too low. These are professional game designers we're talking about and there's no reason they shouldn't be able to deliver at least an "8" quality game each and every time.
#43Proudleaf24Posted 10/6/2012 4:50:02 PM
theycallmebo posted...

I agree with the fact that a game which gets a 5 is certainly below average. The average for games in general does seem to be around a 7, which to me is still a bit too low. These are professional game designers we're talking about and there's no reason they shouldn't be able to deliver at least an "8" quality game each and every time.

Well, if we're looking at the industry at large, not every designer could be considered "professional."

I think the classroom analogy fits pretty well. Imagine an average class of 20 or students. A few A's, a few more B's and lower B's, and lots of C's, followed by a few D's/F's. This analogy fits the game industry pretty well.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#44ValedictorianXDPosted 10/6/2012 4:54:37 PM
Honestly? 5/10. It could not hold my attention seeing as how I would fall asleep while trying to play. Same thing happens when I play garbage like Skyrim or FF13. Now, I could start on why I gave that score but I'd rather not.
---
If you actually follow metacritic and other reviewers over your own opinion, you may as well glue wool over your body and join a flock of sheep.
~dragonkyn20
#45cirus 7Posted 10/6/2012 5:00:53 PM
with the current scale that basically goes 5 to 10, with anything below 5 being complete junk and 10 being near perfect, id give it a 6/10.

its an decent game, but with many flaws. the controls feel loose and clunky, and camera angles are horrible, the lighting in some places is really bad (i should not have to turn the brightness up twice as high as the "recommended level", just to make out the black silhouette of a zombie to know where to shoot). then theres the overuse of quick time events, the poor dialogue (although the voice acting was good), the linear level design, the out of place feeling vehicle driving segments, and the cheap sequences where you just die with no warning. i could go on, but you get the point.

its not like the game is unplayable, its just frustrating and disappointing, and a 1 more step down for RE into its own grave. whats sad iis that if this game had nothing to do with RE, and just had some generic name and characters and was a stand alone game with nothing to live up to, i prob would have given it a point higher at a 7, and said "not bad for a first game". but this is a huge title with alot of hype to live up to, and it failed to do so, plus the way they butchered the series and its characters i just cant justify it. (i honestly would like to deduct another point cause i heard a character say "bro", that damn sure does not fit with an RE game"

so yea, 6/10. its playable but damn sure not up to par with the level of game i expected based on all the media hype. if you have not already bought it, id advise you wait a month or so till you can find this for 30 bucks either discounted or used, its worth 30 but not 60 by a long shot, unless a generic run and gun shooter is your favorite thing or something.
---
psn id "rajas", FF11 handle- Atrox, on Cerberus
auto modellista team- Akagi Redsuns *RIP*
#46kuterPosted 10/6/2012 5:02:59 PM
7/10. Don't let the haters change your mind if you like the series.
#47LeonPliskenPosted 10/6/2012 5:04:10 PM
Proudleaf24 posted...
theycallmebo posted...

Well, if we're looking at the industry at large, not every designer could be considered "professional."

I think the classroom analogy fits pretty well. Imagine an average class of 20 or students. A few A's, a few more B's and lower B's, and lots of C's, followed by a few D's/F's. This analogy fits the game industry pretty well.

You've gotta watch out for that weird kid that eats chalk, one minute he pumps our a mediocre Armored Core game, then next we get Demons and Dark Souls.

Oh how I love you Software. *imagines Ally Sheedy from breakfast club*
---
Sandbox Zombie game with RPG elements and heavy character customization and equipment farming set in modern day. My ideal game.
#48meestah009Posted 10/6/2012 5:09:53 PM
I play mainly for Mercenaries. I love what they've done with the melee combat system. Don't have a problem with the cover system but I barely use it except to fill up the melee gauge faster. However, having only 2 Mercenaries maps come standard with the game does make me pretty upset.

I finished Leon's and Chris' campaign so far. There were a lot of pointless QTE's and getting through the campaign just to get Mercenaries is a pain in the ass. At the very least, you can run past all of the enemies in many of the sections to get through the campaign quicker.

I'm pleasantly surprised with Agent Hunt mode. Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I am but it's fun trying to kill the main characters as one of the enemy characters. The way it's set up is nice and seems fair for both 'agents' and 'hunters'. Still doesn't make up for only having three Mercenaries maps, though.

I can't lump the campaign stuff along with Mercenaries so I'd have to score them separately:

Mercenaries - 8 - Would have got a 10 if they gave us the pre-order maps for free. Making us pay for them unbelievably lame, especially when Europe gets them for free. But other than that Mercenaries is the best it's been.

Campaign - 6 - Tedious and the story is mildly interesting. But Agent Hunt is fun so it's a nice reward for getting through the campaign.
---
Suckaz need to wash dey ass...
#49onoisaajasonxXxPosted 10/6/2012 5:19:34 PM
im not sure what id rate it on some scale. maybe slightly below average. at some points im having a blast, at other points ive felt bored or irritated. it also feels just disappointing to me as a numbered part of the resident evil series to me. it doesnt have the atmosphere of the old style ones, and the action just doesnt feel as satisfying as 4 and 5.
fighting zombies is actually pretty fun, especially when they come at you in huge numbers. but the vast majority of combat in the game is against enemies who shoot back at you. they're not especially fun or interesting to fight, and the control scheme just doesnt feel designed for that kind of combat.
the camera (which is extremely close to your back) also suits combat against more melee focused enemies, where limiting you peripheral vision can raise tension without making you feel completely hopeless. fighting against dudes with guns with that camera though is often bothersome. getting hit by bullets from an enemy you cant see isnt scary, but it can get annoying.
ive also encountered various instant deaths that can be quite annoying. for example getting hit by a train when i was clearly not in its path (i actually got so annoyed by this, that after i successfully evaded the train i walked into its side as it was moving to find that its 'hit box' actually extended like a meter beyond its physical shape). i also have been killed by canned instances of things flying in from off screen, qte's that either flash incredibly fast or are poorly explained, and by enemies that continued to attack as a cut-scene played out and i was unable to move.
i liked resident evil 4 and 5 because the action in those games felt unique. it can, at times, in 6 as well, but for the most part i feel like im doing the same things that ive done in several other third person shooters this generation. its disappointing because i feel like there are hints of a great game in resident evil 6.
if the tc is honestly looking for advice on whether or not to get the game, id say if youre a fan of resident evil either rent it or wait for it to drop to $20 or something. i got enough enjoyment out of it to continue playing, but i do wish i hadnt spent $60 on it considering all the other games that are coming out soon.
---
PSN - onoisaajasonx
SSBB code - 5412 9785 8347
#50LazyyAmericanPosted 10/6/2012 5:23:44 PM
My problem is that Dishonored comes out in a few days and I really can't afford to splurge for both....argggg!!!
---
"Only the badasses should use the elevator" account of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse