Chris Redfield vs Leon Kennedy: Who would win?

#71chaostdkPosted 10/7/2012 3:13:21 AM
SeiferFC posted...
Leon has done far more in the games. Think of all the enemies Leon has fought, all the traps he has survived.

However just because Chris hasn't been in those situations does not mean he can't survive them.

As far as this game showed us with their brief stand-off, it'd be a tie. Chris matched Leon move for move and that's after suffering from ****ing PTSD Amnesia and enough alcohol to kill a rhino.

uh, not to nitpick here but the fight with Leon and Chris in the warehouse takes place AFTER he recovers his memories.

anyway, y'alls stupid. Chris has faced and beaten enemies far faster than he is, and Leon has beaten enemies far stronger than he is, not to mention taken hits from enemies far stronger than he is. this type of crap is going to end exactly like it did in the videogame: they're gonna get in a scuff, find themselves evenly matched, then split up the duties of taking on the real bad guys.
#72WeH4veAHulkPosted 10/7/2012 3:16:58 AM
chaostdk posted...
SeiferFC posted...
Leon has done far more in the games. Think of all the enemies Leon has fought, all the traps he has survived.

However just because Chris hasn't been in those situations does not mean he can't survive them.

As far as this game showed us with their brief stand-off, it'd be a tie. Chris matched Leon move for move and that's after suffering from ****ing PTSD Amnesia and enough alcohol to kill a rhino.

uh, not to nitpick here but the fight with Leon and Chris in the warehouse takes place AFTER he recovers his memories.

anyway, y'alls stupid. Chris has faced and beaten enemies far faster than he is, and Leon has beaten enemies far stronger than he is, not to mention taken hits from enemies far stronger than he is. this type of crap is going to end exactly like it did in the videogame: they're gonna get in a scuff, find themselves evenly matched, then split up the duties of taking on the real bad guys.

This exactly
#73TychusFindleePosted 10/7/2012 3:20:22 AM
butbutbut chris pucnhed a bolder!!!11 :(((
---
a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh
#74tizimin9Posted 10/7/2012 3:25:13 AM
m0ney78 posted...
lol at people thinking Leon being agile would matter. Did these idiots forget Chris fought wesker over four times and killed him you think Leon is faster than wesker?? Lololol

Leon stuffed Chris's takedown,
Wesker did the same thing in 5.

If they can accomplish the same feat against Chris, then they're probably about equal in fighting ability. Wesker is obviously faster, He dodges bullets.

But when Wesker and Chris fought Chris had guns and explosives, and the splash damage from explosives negates Wesker's speed. I think we're talking a hand to hand showdown here in this topic, and I think Wesker would have wrecked Chris if they were both unarmed.

And to the dude saying Leon didn't throw the knife or jump through the lasers, you my friend are stupid. Stupid, and dumb.

Of course he threw the knife! It was even in a cutscene! Salazar even cried like a little baby. And of course he went through the lasers, you have to do that in the game to progress.

If there was a laser grid in Leon's campaign in RE6, I guarantee you he would be able to get through it just as well as he did in RE4.

If anything, Leon has gotten stronger since RE4 since Damnation is canon and Leon survived being thrown into the pillar.

Now, a less stupid thing to debate the canonicity of is how Leon killed El Gigante, since in the game it is feasable to kill it on professional difficulty with the knife. If the canon version of that fight is where Leon killed it with just the knife, then I would say Leon defnitely wins against Chris because not even Chris is as powerful as El Gigante, and they're probably matched in speed
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna
#75WeH4veAHulkPosted 10/7/2012 3:53:01 AM
tizimin9 posted...
m0ney78 posted...
lol at people thinking Leon being agile would matter. Did these idiots forget Chris fought wesker over four times and killed him you think Leon is faster than wesker?? Lololol

Leon stuffed Chris's takedown,
Wesker did the same thing in 5.

If they can accomplish the same feat against Chris, then they're probably about equal in fighting ability. Wesker is obviously faster, He dodges bullets.

But when Wesker and Chris fought Chris had guns and explosives, and the splash damage from explosives negates Wesker's speed. I think we're talking a hand to hand showdown here in this topic, and I think Wesker would have wrecked Chris if they were both unarmed.

And to the dude saying Leon didn't throw the knife or jump through the lasers, you my friend are stupid. Stupid, and dumb.

Of course he threw the knife! It was even in a cutscene! Salazar even cried like a little baby. And of course he went through the lasers, you have to do that in the game to progress.

If there was a laser grid in Leon's campaign in RE6, I guarantee you he would be able to get through it just as well as he did in RE4.

If anything, Leon has gotten stronger since RE4 since Damnation is canon and Leon survived being thrown into the pillar.

Now, a less stupid thing to debate the canonicity of is how Leon killed El Gigante, since in the game it is feasable to kill it on professional difficulty with the knife. If the canon version of that fight is where Leon killed it with just the knife, then I would say Leon defnitely wins against Chris because not even Chris is as powerful as El Gigante, and they're probably matched in speed

I would say almost all of this true apart from Leon beating Chris just because of how he beat El Gigante, although its impressive EL Gigante was large and dumb and im sure chris wouldn't have much trouble either, but they had a scuffle, both evenly matched, both characters are awesome.
#76tizimin9Posted 10/7/2012 4:31:12 AM
haha I was just kidding about that last part about Chris and El Gigante being matched in speed. But it is pretty hilarious how all of Chris's moves are based on his brute strength.

Whereas Leon has this sweet ass judo throw where he spins the enemie's arm with just the right torque, Chris just picks the bastard up and throws him as far as he can.

And then Leon's got that Judo kick right in the sweet spot, and Chris just punches them really effing hard.

But neither of them has stuff like Helena's finisher or any of Ada's moves. Well Leon maybe could pull that stuff off, but no way in hell is Chris going to wrap his legs around a zombie and backflip to slam them into the ground.
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna
#77A_FITZ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 7:04:04 AM
lol I was laughing so hard at that comment up there.

"Buutt.. Butt.. Chrriss Punched a Boulder!" lmfao
#78DarkchocolateXPosted 10/7/2012 7:05:56 AM
Chris would own Leon, just as he owned him in RE6. He clearly had the upperhand.
#79Jonathan_F_GPosted 10/7/2012 12:54:48 PM
tizimin9 posted...
haha I was just kidding about that last part about Chris and El Gigante being matched in speed. But it is pretty hilarious how all of Chris's moves are based on his brute strength.

Whereas Leon has this sweet ass judo throw where he spins the enemie's arm with just the right torque, Chris just picks the bastard up and throws him as far as he can.

And then Leon's got that Judo kick right in the sweet spot, and Chris just punches them really effing hard.

But neither of them has stuff like Helena's finisher or any of Ada's moves. Well Leon maybe could pull that stuff off, but no way in hell is Chris going to wrap his legs around a zombie and backflip to slam them into the ground.

That's because Chris is the Naked Snake/Big Boss and/or Solid Snake of BH/RE. Whereas Leon is the Raiden/White Devil/Jack the Ripper of BH/RE.

Chris tailors to the western audience, whereas Leon tailors to the cultures of the orient.
---
F*** "Neo" Resident Evil! NEVER FORGET Rockman/Mega Man, Breath of Fire, Shinji Mikami's Biohazard and Onimusha!
#80DethaPosted 10/7/2012 2:03:51 PM
Jumping is not the same as flipping. They jump pretty far in RE6 as well.
And Leon was losing to that russian chick in hand to hand combat.

Jumping 20 feet is more impressive than a flip.

Ada lost to that Slavic chick as well, which was my point. Ada and Leon often appear as equals when fighting.

I don't remember much of Degeneration, but it came out before RE5, so the developers were still in the RE4 type mindset. Hence Leon getting punched by that monster and flying backwards like a mile through the air.

Leon acted nothing like he did in RE4 in Degeneration; would you assume that they retconned his personality at that point?

Well, if you actually believe Leon could tank hits from that Tyrant or the Degeneration monster, then how did Mendez knock Leon unconscious with little to no effort?

He tanked hits all of the time in Resident Evil 4, as far as the gameplay was concerned.

But it's good that you're noticing plotholes in the very imperfect writing of the RE Universe. They do what they want with the characters, and characters are able to perform things suitable to the narrative. It's similar to comic books, where a pool of different writers write for the same characters. Just because a character doesn't do something in a later comic, doesn't mean that he can't or hasn't. It doesn't mean that the ability has been "retconned," unless otherwise stated. It would be more plausible to say that Leon has just gotten older, but even that's an extrapolation. You never know what they'll do next.
---
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Team Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz