Arguably the best graphics on the PS3...

#81srxog4ps3Posted 10/7/2012 4:12:19 PM
Honestly, is graphics really that important to you? Personally, if it was fun to play, I wouldn't have minded if the game had Resident Evil 2 graphics. Game-play and story matters!
#82LazyyAmericanPosted 10/7/2012 4:16:44 PM
It's incredibly lazy on their behalf when as a third person shooter, the sexiest part visually, your character and the over the shoulder aiming mechanic, are muddied up by shoody graphical techniques making the guns appear purely black most of the time when zoomed in.
---
"Only the badasses should use the elevator" account of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse
#83BillysanPosted 10/7/2012 4:50:16 PM(edited)
LazyyAmerican posted...
It's incredibly lazy on their behalf when as a third person shooter, the sexiest part visually, your character and the over the shoulder aiming mechanic, are muddied up by shoody graphical techniques making the guns appear purely black most of the time when zoomed in.

The character get's blurred when aiming. Plus it's usually so dark you never even notice.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#84LazyyAmericanPosted 10/7/2012 5:01:13 PM
That's gotta be one of the worst design decisions ever then if it's intentional.....why would I want to see less of my character when doing over the shoulder aiming in a third person shooter?
---
"Only the badasses should use the elevator" account of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse
#85BillysanPosted 10/7/2012 5:05:37 PM
LazyyAmerican posted...
That's gotta be one of the worst design decisions ever then if it's intentional.....why would I want to see less of my character when doing over the shoulder aiming in a third person shooter?

It's been like that since RE4.

It's so the details in the character itself doesn't grab your attention.

They kinda go overboard in RE6 though. But I think it's more of a graphic issue since the depth of field blur in this game is weak in comparison to many other games out there.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#86Rikkus_dadPosted 10/7/2012 5:06:15 PM
Zmapper33 posted...
MGS4 is the best looking game on any console so far this gen. MG Zeroes will take that spot when it comes out.

IMO the character models are still the best this gen. Every other graphical aspect in that game has been beat by newer games.
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#87Mech_BattalionPosted 10/7/2012 5:21:19 PM
Arguably the worst graphics you mean right?

The character models all look like they are made out of porcelain. Everything is shiny and it looks horrible.
#88decalservicePosted 10/7/2012 5:22:13 PM
Zmapper33 posted...
MGS4 is the best looking game on any console so far this gen. MG Zeroes will take that spot when it comes out.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I popped MGS4 in after a couple years and was blown away by how awesome, smooth and realistic the graphics are for a game that was ALMOST a launch release. Uncharted 3 was phenomenal also... especially in 3D... Especially when *SPOILER* *SPOILER* ...................................Drake is tripping...

It makes me wonder how other games can't do what MGS4 did after all this time.

Oh, and I really don't understand why people think RE6 has great graphics... the textures really suck and it looks like they neglected some areas in the game while making others look great... It's really just average or maybe a little below overall, I feel.
#89HungryDogPosted 10/7/2012 5:23:20 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Okami HD, end of discussion.

THIS x100000000000000000000000000000000
---
http://gavade.deviantart.com/
#90LazyyAmericanPosted 10/7/2012 5:30:38 PM
To be honest haven't played an RE game on consoles since the old games....played RE5 on PC for awhile and in that game you can clearly see your character and everything around you while aiming over the shoulder....just don't understand why they decided to blur everything this badly.
---