The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So how is this in comparison to RE4?

#1LotionExplosionPosted 10/7/2012 5:32:49 PM
Never got around to playing 5.
---
A sea, where a fallen musician can only lament his failure.
#2badbadkittyPosted 10/7/2012 5:38:51 PM
RE4 is to Beethoven as RE6 is to Limp Bizkit.
#3Pigeon_SenpaiPosted 10/7/2012 5:39:45 PM
Worse than 4 but still pretty good.
---
The official Luke Fon Fabre of all boards.
#4kewldude475Posted 10/7/2012 5:40:23 PM
Pigeon_Senpai posted...

---
Member of the V3Da master race.
PSN: kewldude475
#5VolcanoBoulderPosted 10/7/2012 5:41:13 PM
kewldude475 posted...
Pigeon_Senpai posted...
#6tuznecotePosted 10/7/2012 5:42:03 PM
I am waiting for those fanboys that would say "They are both brilliant" because they are unable to say one is worst than the other.

This game isn't as good or polished though I prefer the story admittedly.
#7VolcanoBoulderPosted 10/7/2012 5:43:26 PM
tuznecote posted...
I am waiting for those fanboys that would say "They are both brilliant" because they are unable to say one is worst than the other.

What's wrong with liking both games equally? That's how I would respond if the thread was REmake vs. RE4.
#8badbadkittyPosted 10/7/2012 5:59:20 PM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
tuznecote posted...

What's wrong with liking both games equally? That's how I would respond if the thread was REmake vs. RE4.

Because you honestly can't. If forced to choose, you will like one better than the other. Christopher Walken with a gun to your head says "Choose."
#9Dark_SpiretPosted 10/7/2012 6:00:58 PM
as an overall expereince 4 is a lot better, but mechanics wise 6 improves on 4 in nearly every area. 6 isnt as well designed, but its still good. just dont expect RE4 level quality.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2 - Torchlight 2 - Resident Evil 6
#10badbadkittyPosted 10/7/2012 6:12:14 PM(edited)
Dark_Spiret posted...
as an overall expereince 4 is a lot better, but mechanics wise 6 improves on 4 in nearly every area. 6 isnt as well designed, but its still good. just dont expect RE4 level quality.

Mechanics were not improved, they were changed. Quick turn doesn't work properly and shouldn't even be in the game. The camera in RE6, although given control over it, is more of a hassle than a help. With the old camera I felt I had much more mobility and awareness of my surroundings with the properly functioning quick turn. RE6 quick turn is misnamed. It's a quick character turn, you still have to move the camera.

You can dodge, slide and flop on your back now. Pretty much pointless additions to the game that aren't even necessary to use except in a few scripted parts. Moving and shooting are implemented, but there's no need for it either since you're moving at Tyrant speed.

I can keep going if you want.