You know, as much as I hate to admit it (spoilers)

#31Game JediPosted 10/8/2012 4:17:21 PM
If you think that Piers was a bad choice, imagine the **** storm which would have developed if they had killed off Jill...

... and Jake was a bad decision. They had already established another "Wesker" who had been injected with a perfected virus, whose whereabouts were unknown: why come up with some half-baked story about Albert knocking up some random nobody and making a kid?
---
Not changing my signature until Resident Evil 2 is remade, and Gouki is included (in-game or as DLC) in a non-campaign mode.
#32Ether101Posted 10/8/2012 4:40:27 PM
beedtracker posted...
Didnt claire just say "no more" to fighting zombies altogether? Like if she saw one she'd just slowly turn around and walk away kind of "i'm done"

No, she joined a relief organization that apparently deals with biological attacks amongst other things. Plus, the director of RE5 had her doing rounds with Chris in that one video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnemqKRPhK0
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#33Cloud576(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 4:57:55 PM
Aqua_love posted...
Cloud576 posted...
Jill and Claire would have been better partners than Piers and Helena.

For Jill, she's been Chris' partner since the beginning. It's been at least 3 years since RE5, she should be healed up and back in the field. It makes sense for her to be on the front lines with Chris as his second-in-command, instead of Piers. When Chris disappeared , their history says she would have been the first one out there searching for him, orders or not.

I think my main problem with Piers is that he didn't contribute anything to the overall story. They made him and put him into the story just to die and give Chris a kick in the ass to keep him going. A role Jill easily could have filled. They didn't need to make this character, he did nothing that an already established character couldn't have done. And really, if it had been Jill that had been mutated and died saving Chris, I think we can all agree it would have been a more heart wrenching scene.

Claire easily could have been added into the game and given a plausible reason for being there. She's one of the few known survivors of Raccoon City and could have been invited to the dinner, or she could have been there as a representative of her group.

Her and Leon could have met up early on in the outbreak and decided to help each other. As for Helena, she could have contacted Leon and directed him to the Cathedral to help her save Deborah while telling him she had important information about the attack. They could have met her at the Cathedral, where she tells them about how Simmons kidnapped her sister to make her help him with the attack and how she tried to prevent it at the last minute but failed. She could join temporarily while they go through the Catacombs, but be killed alongside Deborah. Then Simmons could have accused them of the President's death, forcing Claire into going with Leon to China in order to clear her name.

Just my ideas. I still love the game, but I will admit I think they easily could have put the already established fan favorites (probably making more people like the game just because it had all the main characters in it) into the game instead of making 2 more new characters that they will probably never use again.

I still like Jake and anyone who doesn't can suck it.

Helena was brilliant.... as was Piers

I'm sorry but enjoy the bandwagon of hating on new characters, it's looking rather full right now

I don't hate them. I just think they weren't necessary when already established characters were available that could have easily filled the roles they were created for.

Piers' sacrifice at the end was very heart-wrenching and will probably be something many will be talking about.

Helena was an ok character, she just got on my nerves a lot at the beginning. After chapter 2 she became much more likable.
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0948 5017 5665
Pokemon White Friend Code: 5071 9428 0553
#34ravenscourgePosted 10/8/2012 5:15:12 PM
If they can come up with all the other outrageous crap that happens in RE games, then by god they can work Claire in.

Jill I don't really care about anymore, but shes still a main staple of the series.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#35SadLinkPosted 10/8/2012 5:17:47 PM
Those characters are being saved for DLC along with you-know-who
#36ravenscourgePosted 10/8/2012 5:21:24 PM
BTW, if jill were chris' pahtna, well..... She'd be dead.
---
#37SadLinkPosted 10/8/2012 5:22:33 PM
ravenscourge posted...

SPOILERS!!!
I haven't got that far!
#38ravenscourgePosted 10/8/2012 5:25:11 PM
SadLink posted...
ravenscourge posted...

SPOILERS!!!
I haven't got that far!

I'm sorry. :(

It did say spoilers in the topic title though or I wouldn't have posted it.
---