[The Mercenaries] The numbers and all you need to know ver.2

#31CabezaDeAlfilerPosted 10/8/2012 8:39:50 AMmessage detail
sticky!
---
sitting in a chinese stew
#32NelloAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 8:59:36 AMmessage detail
Your welcome and thank you IkariWarriorKH, no problem at all.

Thank you for your input StupidMofoz, I will edit your info/name into my "defining a coup de gra" post soon as gamefaqs lets me edit.

Mad sticky CabezaDeAlfiler
---
2-D Teddie :-^
#33JustJimmelPosted 10/8/2012 9:05:01 AMmessage detail
Could you perhaps go more in-depth about the skills?
---
http://woordup.com/assets/2012/04/breaking-bad-animated-gif.gif
"Respect the chemistry."
#34NelloAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 9:19:31 AMmessage detail
JustJimmel posted...

(Read your name as JimmyKimmel heh) I possibly can, what exactly were you interested in knowing? I omitted them from the guide seeing as the skills are (pretty straight forward) all under skill settings with description on Mercenaries mode.
---
#35JustJimmelPosted 10/8/2012 9:25:55 AMmessage detail
Quote:JustJimmel posted...

(Read your name as JimmyKimmel heh) I possibly can, what exactly were you interested in knowing? I omitted them from the guide seeing as the skills are (pretty straight forward) all under skill settings with description on Mercenaries mode.

@NelloAngelo
Like just more specific info (like, how much the Combo+ skill adds to the combo timer) and wether or not you recommend them or not.
---
http://woordup.com/assets/2012/04/breaking-bad-animated-gif.gif
"Respect the chemistry."
#36DemonSlayer92Posted 10/8/2012 10:35:05 AMmessage detail(edited)
I appreciate all you've done, TC, as it will save me many test runs. Though I find it very odd that you recommend Natural Healing for so many characters as I find it to be utterly useless. Most hits from an enemy remove a complete life block, so what use is there in having Natural Healing equipped unless you're playing on Steel Beast? I mean, I'll admit it helps a great deal with weapons' fire, but aside from that...
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6096902
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6103703
#37NelloAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:07:30 AMmessage detail
DemonSlayer92 posted...
I appreciate all you've done, TC, as it will save me many test runs. Though I find it very odd that you recommend Natural Healing for so many characters as I find it to be utterly useless. Most hits from an enemy remove a complete life block, so what use is there in having Natural Healing equipped unless you're playing on Steel Beast? I mean, I'll admit it helps a great deal with weapons' fire, but aside from that...

Thank you and no prob. As I mentioned in the first post all the "credit" goes to the BradyGames guide. I just typed out all the info for you guys so thus it does not necessarily reflect my opinion or preferences. Only thing I wrote my self are the nick names for the alt costumes. ;)

JustJimmel, ill post that coming up.
---
#38DemonSlayer92Posted 10/8/2012 11:24:40 AMmessage detail
Oh. >_>

Well I only read the parts concerning characters/skills, so that's my bad.
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6096902
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6103703
#39NelloAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:51:45 AMmessage detail
[ Skill Name ] Points required to purchase skill [ Skill Description]

[ Eagle Eye ] 3,000 [ Adds one extra level of magnification to sniper rifle scope ]

[ Item Drop Increase ] 3,500 [ Causes defeated enemies to drop items at a higher rate ]

[ Go for Broke! ] 60,000 [ Makes it easier to complete combos as time runs out ]

[ Time Bonus + ] 90,000 [ Increases time awarded by a Time Bonus by 10 seconds ]

[ Combo Bonus + ] 50,000 [ Increase time awarded by a Combo Bonus by 10 seconds ]

[ Limit Breaker ] 60,000 [ Allows player to exceed the 9,999 health lim..ah I mean Increase the points earned for surpassing the 50 combo mark ]

[ Blitz Play ] 5,000 [ Increase your attack power if you attack immediately after another player ]

[ Quick Shot Damage Increase ] 15,000 [ Increase power of quick shots ]

[ Power Counter ] 8,000 [ Greatly increases the power of counters ]

[ Second Wind ] 6,000 [ Increases power to firearm and melee attacks when life gauge is low ]

[ Martial Arts Master ] 25,000 [ Increases strength of physical attacks, but the power of firearm-related attacks is greatly reduced ]

[ Target Master ] 25,000 [ Increases strength of firearm-related attacks, but the power of physical attacks is greatly reduced ]

[ Last Stand ] 30,000 [ Greatly increase attack power at the cost of receiving three times the normal amount of damage yourself ]

[ Preemptive Strike ] 7,000 [ Increase attack power when attacking from behind ]

[ Dying Breath ] 15,000 [ Greatly increase attack power when dying, but recovery time is comparably shortened ]

[ Pharmacist ] 17,000 [ Increase the potency of Healing Tablets ]

[ Medic ] 12,000 [ Heal yourself and your teammate when you use a Healing Tablet ]

[ First Responder ] 15,000 [ Makes it easier to rescue dying teammates ]

[ Take It Easy ] 20,000 [ Increase speed of natural recovery when using cover ]

[ Natural Healing ] 15,000 [ Increase speed of natural recovery and combat gauge ]

In my opinion Item drop increase is always good, I feel time/combo bonus don't offer enough rewarded time if you are a competent player/team and know what you are doing, working in melee kills and have the timing down for counters (don't sit around waiting to do these let them come as they come) the skill slot is better filled with something els.

Medic is a nice team skill but if you want to maximize points (thats the point right?) I'm thinking Go for Broke / Limit Breaker are the best skills. I would do runs with item drop increase or natural healing (perhaps medic if you are with a partner) to familiarize your self with your load-out and the map. When you are ready to go all in for that S rank use Go for Broke / Limit Breaker. Limit Breaker imo being the better of the two.
---
#40NelloAngelo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:55:17 AMmessage detail
Its all good DemonSlayer92. I think the skill is mainly beneficial for "practice" runs if you will.
---