Resident Evil meets silent hill

#11Icefang526Posted 10/8/2012 12:30:18 AM
You guys are aware that this is the game that eventually became/led to DMC right?
#12Duke_VassagoPosted 10/8/2012 12:37:30 AM
I'm pretty sure the route they were taking that in was that Leon was hallucinating from the effects of the progenitor virus, which I imagine most likely had different properties in the beta. We did see him hallucinate, after all, in one or two cutscenes in the finished title. I think it would've made a great stand-alone title, but it looks more like a Clocktower game than a RE or SH game.
---
3DS FC: 3695 - 1396 - 3458 ://: PSZ FC: 1335 - 5428 - 0092 ://: PSN(PS3 and Vita): TrebleSoul
#13McSlayerPosted 10/8/2012 1:05:13 AM
Resident Evil 4 as it turned out was great, but I was really looking forward to this version too.
#14BillysanPosted 10/8/2012 1:08:00 AM
Icefang526 posted...
You guys are aware that this is the game that eventually became/led to DMC right?

Eh no.

The DMC version of RE4 came way before this version.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#15takahash1Posted 10/8/2012 1:42:21 AM
Billysan posted...
Pharsti01 posted...
Too... supernatural for Resident Evil... is what i would have said before RE4 came out and they started giving zombies assault rifles -_-.

Personally, that beta seems really good.

But machine guns are not supernatural.

But zombies + machine guns r supernatural ;) .
#16takahash1Posted 10/8/2012 1:44:51 AM
Billysan posted...
Icefang526 posted...

Eh no.

The DMC version of RE4 came way before this version.

Which is?
#17BillysanPosted 10/8/2012 1:49:15 AM(edited)
The first version of RE4 ended up becoming DMC.

From there RE4 started over with a new team and went through like 4 something versions.
---
#18BillysanPosted 10/8/2012 1:50:25 AM
takahash1 posted...
Billysan posted...
Pharsti01 posted...
Too... supernatural for Resident Evil... is what i would have said before RE4 came out and they started giving zombies assault rifles -_-.

Personally, that beta seems really good.

But machine guns are not supernatural.

But zombies + machine guns r supernatural ;) .

I'm not even gonna ask how you came to that conclusion.
---
#19Neutron15Posted 10/8/2012 1:53:46 AM
the one that become dmc was the very first intended development of 4, the second development phrase was the dubbed the Fog Version, the third was this "The Hooked Man Version" and the fourth was never shown publicly and the fifth which is the 4 we know today
---
There is no method in this madness! Now who would want that, Who benefits from your madness? Make your survival mean something!
#20YukitoRamboPosted 10/8/2012 1:56:52 AM(edited)
I think the reason why Capcom refuses to develop games into real horror anymore is because of these three games.

1. Resident Evil (GC)

- when it first came out, critics were mixed. by this time, they were already getting slightly frustrated with tank controls in a fixed camera environment.
- it's a GC title. It was stupid for Capcom to make a game for GC and thought it would sell more than 1mil. There simply wasn't enough horror fans with the console because everyone else in the demographic went to PS2. See also RE4 and why it still ended up ported to PS2 anyway.

2. Resident Evil Zero(GC)

-What's there to talk about? lol

3. Haunting Ground/Demento(PS2)

- I LOVE this game, but to this day, I still can't figure out why its sales relatively bombed. This game was crafted with a lot of love because they went all the way to France or some **** to get an actual horror filmmaker to direct the scenes.

Haunting Ground was an enigmatic example, but really, the two REs for Gamecube DON'T. BELONG. IN GC. Deep in their hearts, those execs know that putting big budget into a game that doesn't have too many people liking the genre for the console they bought was a mistake. That's why RE4 still got ported in the first place. If REmake was made for the PS2 instead, I'm willing to bet that the series would have turned out into a wholly different direction from what we're getting now.

Sadly, neither of them will ever be seen outside Nintendo consoles because they are owned by Nintendo.

---
"...Winning is of little consequence. What's important is communicating through one's fists."
GFWL tag: DoraemonJerlun