Well haters are still gonna hate but I personally enjoyed this game overall.

#1DingoEnderZOE2Posted 10/8/2012 4:14:05 PM
Well I recall being uneasy about the game before it's release for some reason, and I had low expectations for the game after the HUGE disappointment that was RE5, but I must say this game proved me wrong which was nice.

The length is a huge improvement over RE5 which was my biggest complaint, there are more QTE moments than there were in RE5 which is nice, and the pace is pretty decent.

Sure there are a lot of haters out there who want to cling onto the old style of Resident Evil and while I TOTALLY disagree with Capcom's logic that they should totally change it's style to get some of that COD style money, I see nothing wrong with Capcom evolving the franchise after a certain point and I think after 4 sequels and 3 spin offs of the old survival horror style they were allowed to get away with upgrading the series to the action style.

But I do admit co-op still did make it so the survival horror would be NON-existent, it had that old vibe when you played as Ada but that was mainly because YOU WERE ALONE, thus proving my point that if you're gonna make a survival horror game you HAVE to be solo with no AI or player controlled partner. Resident evil 4 was able to combine both action and survival horror QUITE well due to you playing solo. Action is great when you combine it with survival horror in my opinion.

Hence is why I'm VERY worried about Dead Space, while I'm aware that co-op is strictly only an option and you won't have a AI controlled partner, I'm a bit worried that EA will totally get rid of the survival horror element because of them adding the ability to go co-op and that It'll ONLY be action(During co-op). But we'll wait and see, I enjoyed Dead Space 2 for it's blend of survival horror and action and I'm hoping Dead Space 3 will give me the same enjoyment.

Overall I definitely enjoyed the game more than I thought, and if people would stop clinging to the past so much and embrace change at least a little more then I'm sure others will too. Besides it's not like in the future Capcom won't give us more our good old fashion survival horror style RE games in the future right??????
---
Edgeworth:Don't sleep while I'm pointing my finger at you!
Miles Edgeworth:Ace Attorney Investigations
#2robert022614Posted 10/8/2012 4:16:18 PM
DingoEnderZOE2 posted...
there are more QTE moments than there were in RE5 which is nice

stopped reading.
#3caffiend7Posted 10/8/2012 4:17:38 PM
I'm tired of hating on this game I need to save my anger for when stupid DmC comes out. RE6 is a masterpiece compared to Ninja Theory's DmC.
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#4DingoEnderZOE2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 4:18:41 PM(edited)
robert022614 posted...
DingoEnderZOE2 posted...

stopped reading.

I admit some of them can be cheap and too quick("Look a parachute....") but I personally enjoy that thrill and missed it in RE5. Don't hate just because your reflexes aren't quick enough to save you from dying. ^_^
---
#5robert022614Posted 10/8/2012 4:21:17 PM
DingoEnderZOE2 posted...
robert022614 posted...
DingoEnderZOE2 posted...

stopped reading.

I admit some of them can be cheap and too quick("Look a parachute....") but I personally enjoy that thrill and missed it in RE5. Don't hate just because your reflexes aren't quick enough to save you from dying. ^_^

I actually pretty much never fail them. Still no reason they should be there though.
#6DingoEnderZOE2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 4:21:25 PM
caffiend7 posted...
I'm tired of hating on this game I need to save my anger for when stupid DmC comes out. RE6 is a masterpiece compared to Ninja Theory's DmC.

Now DmC.........I have zero expectations for it mainly due to the direction they decided to take the reboot with Dante's character being lame, the plot seems stupid, and it just overall looks like failure. Even if the gameplay keeps me interested I will still have Ninja Theory for hating on the original Devil May Cry and enforcing their theory that their version will be ten times better.
---
#7The_DjokerPosted 10/8/2012 4:21:30 PM

You haven't played DMC. This is th 3rd time today you've been moaning about Dmc. How pathetic must you be to hate on a game that's not even out.
---
http://s16.postimage.org/n9cmvufj7/Kagawa_djoker.png
#8DingoEnderZOE2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 4:22:22 PM
robert022614 posted...
DingoEnderZOE2 posted...
robert022614 posted...
DingoEnderZOE2 posted...

stopped reading.

I actually pretty much never fail them. Still no reason they should be there though.

So then why do you feel there's no reason for them to be there? You one of those people who think it's a cheap gimmick?
---
#9deltamiragePosted 10/8/2012 4:24:35 PM
That's cool
---
PSN - TheFraud - UMVC Team - Spider Man, and 2 other guys
SSF4AE - Makoto
#10caffiend7Posted 10/8/2012 4:28:25 PM
The_Djoker posted...

You haven't played DMC. This is th 3rd time today you've been moaning about Dmc. How pathetic must you be to hate on a game that's not even out.

I have played DMC just not DmC and I haven't as you said "moaning" about it today for three times. You don't have to play it to know that game is an abomination. It goes so far to even rip the secret ingredient idea from Futurama, oh and red hulk toy hands as a weapon.
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"