Well haters are still gonna hate but I personally enjoyed this game overall.

#11robert022614Posted 10/8/2012 4:32:36 PM(edited)
DingoEnderZOE2 posted...
robert022614 posted...
DingoEnderZOE2 posted...
robert022614 posted...
DingoEnderZOE2 posted...
there are more QTE moments than there were in RE5 which is nice

stopped reading.

I admit some of them can be cheap and too quick("Look a parachute....") but I personally enjoy that thrill and missed it in RE5. Don't hate just because your reflexes aren't quick enough to save you from dying. ^_^

I actually pretty much never fail them. Still no reason they should be there though.

So then why do you feel there's no reason for them to be there? You one of those people who think it's a cheap gimmick?

I dunno climbing a rope for a few minutes pressing two buttons repeatedly for really no reason than to climb a rope seems sort of like useless gameplay if you can call it that. I am actually fine with shaking off zombies, but QTE's for for the sake of mundane tasks are sort of useless.

EDIT: Also I dont hate this game. It gets about a 7 or 8 in my book pretty fun action game and Leon's campaign hit me with a bit of nostalgia by bringing zombies back.
#12TheBlueDeathPosted 10/8/2012 4:29:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13SarrsariPosted 10/8/2012 4:30:31 PM
I've been killing myself to not start one of those topics of my own. I really don't care about what other people think about this game nor will I try to convince them to change their minds about it. But I do want to defend this game by saying that for what they were trying to create, it was a damn good game. But for what it's not, a very buttclenching, silent, and creepy horror game, doesn't matter. Basically I'm saying that the game is great, but it's not the old school survival horror. But it does what it does, well.

It's kind of hard to recreate the nostalgic horror sensation from the old games, as you say, with a coop partner. Not just that, the graphics and game mechanics. If the game would want to keep the RE1/2/3 feel, it would have to be extremely stiff and generally unplayable for most people in this day of age.

Trophies, open spaces in the game, combat mechanics, weapon mechanics.. everything would have to be stiffed the hell down to the point where you cant even turn around and run in a realistic pace. And if you think about it, that's kind of impossible to maintain. So yeah, you can slide and melee in this game and suddenly it's the worst game ever? Give Capcom a break, they really did manage to put in the eerie atmosphere and feel in at least 2 of the 4 campaigns in this game, all just to make you happy. It's been a long time since I've seen any developer team try to satisfy as many fans as possible.

Hell, look at Final Fantasy. Those games have turned into complete ****soup over the past decade. It took such an incredibly ugly turn that I even feel ashamed to play the old games these days. Many FF fans would probably agree, and therefor, RE fans (including myself) should really consider themselves happy that Capcom didn't include Japanese pop music and overly cheesy dialogs with an insanely stupid plot. So yeah. This is a very enjoyable game with what I imagine a modern day (online gaming, great graphics, better mechanics) Resident Evil game should look like.
---
(PSN): Sarrsari. - (Games): SF4, Borderlands, RE5. - (Microphone): Check.
"FF8 was good up until "OOH WE ALL GREW UP TOGETHER"" - TheExeter
#14caffiend7Posted 10/8/2012 4:34:43 PM
TheBlueDeath posted...
caffiend7 posted...
The_Djoker posted...
I'm tired of hating on this game I need to save my anger for when stupid DmC comes out. RE6 is a masterpiece compared to Ninja Theory's DmC.

You haven't played DMC. This is th 3rd time today you've been moaning about Dmc. How pathetic must you be to hate on a game that's not even out.

I have played DMC just not DmC and I haven't as you said "moaning" about it today for three times. You don't have to play it to know that game is an abomination. It goes so far to even rip the secret ingredient idea from Futurama, oh and red hulk toy hands as a weapon.

Wow.

Just wow.

"You don't have to play it to know it is bad" basically.

Jesus christ, this is what's wrong with the RE fans that are hating on RE6 to begin with.

They are complete idiots.

I hate on RE6 for reasons it deserves but I'm still going to give a try. I also hate on that DmC game for reasons it deserves, I'm just not going to give that game a chance because it doesn't deserve one.
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#15DingoEnderZOE2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 4:41:59 PM
robert022614 posted...
I dunno climbing a rope for a few minutes pressing two buttons repeatedly for really no reason than to climb a rope seems sort of like useless gameplay if you can call it that. I am actually fine with shaking off zombies, but QTE's for for the sake of mundane tasks are sort of useless.

Yeeeeah I'll give you that one since I didn't like those parts myself especially because I kept falling......Poor use of QTE's right there, especially since there was NOTHING quick about those parts so it defeats the purpose. The QTE's that rely on your reflexes with your fingers are what I enjoy not QTE's for the sake of "mundane" tasks like you said.
---
Edgeworth:Don't sleep while I'm pointing my finger at you!
Miles Edgeworth:Ace Attorney Investigations
#16Yami_light_Posted 10/8/2012 4:46:15 PM
TheBlueDeath posted...
caffiend7 posted...
The_Djoker posted...
I'm tired of hating on this game I need to save my anger for when stupid DmC comes out. RE6 is a masterpiece compared to Ninja Theory's DmC.

You haven't played DMC. This is th 3rd time today you've been moaning about Dmc. How pathetic must you be to hate on a game that's not even out.

I have played DMC just not DmC and I haven't as you said "moaning" about it today for three times. You don't have to play it to know that game is an abomination. It goes so far to even rip the secret ingredient idea from Futurama, oh and red hulk toy hands as a weapon.

Wow.

Just wow.

"You don't have to play it to know it is bad" basically.

Jesus christ, this is what's wrong with the RE fans that are hating on RE6 to begin with.

They are complete idiots.

Is different, DmC developers admitted that they lowered the standard that the original DMC's set.
---
Capcom and EA in a nutshell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ&feature=relmfu PSN:Light_Yami