Jake... why couldn't you be a more logical character? spoilers

#1The_D_For_LessPosted 10/8/2012 6:48:57 PM
Jake was a pretty cool idea for RE6. And this was because he was Weskers son. One of Resident Evil's worst plot ideas was killing wesker before we had a showdown between father and son.

Now, back to the Topic.
Jake's files describe him as having absolutely no emotional connection to his father. This was because Albert left his wife to a life of poverty and illness. As far as jake should be concerned, his father was a bastard. Now stack on the fact that Jake is fully aware that his dad tried to destroy the world, and was an evil jerk.
Why the hell would he be mad at Chris for Weskers death? Fake ada even told him all about his father. He has no emotional connection with him, and is pissed at chris that he stopped him from destroying the planet.

Am i missing something?
---
"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die tomorrow"
-James Dean
#2Spade59Posted 10/8/2012 6:50:15 PM
You aren't missing anything. Capcom is incapable of making coherent characters.
#3PunisherWars1Posted 10/8/2012 6:50:17 PM
He probably wanted to kill him himself.
---
"Which gun's mine?", you ask, well I'll tell ya it's the one that says Bad
Mother******. - Barry Burton
#4Yami_light_Posted 10/8/2012 6:51:54 PM
I would be pissed, I would have wanted to meet my father and punch him, call him for his bs.

Chris stole that.
But I also wouldn't have over reacted, I would be looking forward to long talks with chris though
---
Capcom and EA in a nutshell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ&feature=relmfu PSN:Light_Yami
#5BaulModeusPosted 10/8/2012 6:52:31 PM
JAKE'S CHILDHOOD
---
I love you, Jake. I'm so sorry to have to leave you like this. Please forgive me. And please, don't hate your father. I'm sure he loves you and is thinking about you, and I know you two will find each other someday.
Stay strong.

Not only was the guy robbed of his mother but apparently Wesker was at one time a good person, who he then learned turned into a maniac who had to be killed... I'd be conflicted too.
#6Tbar67Posted 10/8/2012 6:53:41 PM
I'd also be questioning Chris's character, since he tells Jake that he has every right to kill him. Why would he when Chris saved everyone's life. What the hell was Chris thinking? Going suicidal all of a sudden?
---
"Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday!"
#7GjangPosted 10/8/2012 6:53:44 PM
It's typical reaction for every characters with the same problem as Jake.

He wants to settle things with his father himself but he can't anymore. So he's pissed at Chris.
---
Really run out of ideas for signature.
#8The_D_For_Less(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 6:54:34 PM
his mother was obviously an idiot then.
---
"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die tomorrow"
-James Dean
#9Tri3dgEPosted 10/8/2012 6:57:19 PM
For a kid who knew nothing about his father, it is only logical he wanted some answers first ("Why did you left mom?!" etc. etc.), before putting a bullet to his face.
#10acolytesPosted 10/8/2012 7:02:57 PM
Yami_light_ posted...
I would be pissed, I would have wanted to meet my father and punch him, call him for his bs.

Chris stole that.
But I also wouldn't have over reacted, I would be looking forward to long talks with chris though

This. It's very much like part of Liquid Snake's motivation in Metal Gear Solid.
---
"I want your blood...I want your souls...And I want 'em both, right now." - Johnny Ringo, Tombstone