It's called Biohazard in Japan. Why is it called Resident Evil everywhere else?

#1DrPhil1009Posted 10/9/2012 2:52:21 AM
The real question is that why is it called RE? - Results (53 votes)
yes
30.19% (16 votes)
no
30.19% (16 votes)
idk
39.62% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
yeah
#2Sheva_AlomarPosted 10/9/2012 2:54:15 AM
Something about a band being called Biohazard in the states so that had to change the name for legal issues.
---
I just love the madness in her face !! The glowy evil eyes ! The stance ! So sexy.
Guess the attraction comes from dating so many crazy chicks. - Yuji Kaido
#3ReceiverxWisdomPosted 10/9/2012 2:57:03 AM(edited)
Fun Fact: There was a game called sweet home, one of the scrolls read "You are now entering a house of residing evil." or something like that.

Bingo.

You have Resident Evil.
Also the above poster is correct, biohazard is the name of some freaking band in the states ... to avoid legal action, they changed the name. I think it was meant to be BIOHAZARD for all states before the name change. In the end the name biohazard makes more sense than RE.

It's like everyone says though "Resident Evil just sounds cooler."

---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#4GaboadoPosted 10/9/2012 2:56:26 AM
Yeah, this is based in sweet home, and Resident Evil name makes more sense for the first game.
#5Delta0126Posted 10/9/2012 2:57:37 AM
Sheva_Alomar posted...
Something about a band being called Biohazard in the states so that had to change the name for legal issues.

There was actually some random game called Biohazard as well, that's what I keep seeing/hearing/reading anyway, that it's both because of some band and another game called Biohazard.
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#6djepic112Posted 10/9/2012 3:00:12 AM
Biohazard is a fitting name for the series. Resident Evil only works for the first game.
#7pure mind gamesPosted 10/9/2012 3:07:49 AM
Sheva_Alomar posted...

There was actually some random game called Biohazard as well, that's what I keep seeing/hearing/reading anyway, that it's both because of some band and another game called Biohazard.

Yeah, I think it's on the Wii's Virtual Console, or the Sega Mega Drive Collection, I know I've seen it on one of those.
---
Resident Evil 4 Playtrough part Final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psRVCUuWJTY
#8BillysanPosted 10/9/2012 3:09:01 AM
djepic112 posted...
Biohazard is a fitting name for the series. Resident Evil only works for the first game.

Nope.

The Resident's of Raccoon City, cult village, African area, and so on all feature evil residents.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#9DetBeauregardPosted 10/9/2012 3:47:36 AM
This series is about science being taken too far, but the word "evil" carries a religious, not scientific, connotation. Thus it makes little sense, unlike Biohazard, which fits the series far better.

But yes, "Resident Evil" is a more memorable title.
#10singhellotakuPosted 10/9/2012 3:55:33 AM
Biohazard are dicks and the first game took place in a residence, that is you're answer.