What's the scariest game you've ever played?

#151ChargrilledPosted 10/9/2012 6:10:12 PM
In memoriam

Nothing like a serial killer sending you emails to get the shivers on.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#152ROChaosGuruPosted 10/9/2012 6:13:06 PM
Slender, becoz I work in a place with lotsa tall people wearing suits...
---
roche1988
Posted 8/26/2008 9:52:31PM LOL how did you get a full soul Z without even defeating a volganos? <- roche1988 being pwned AGAIN!
#153furrybeaversPosted 10/9/2012 6:16:15 PM
Fatal Frame. I first played it back in 8th grade when it came out. Could barely play it with the lights on, during the day, with all the windows on. And it had to be sunny. Game just got me for some reason.

Still to this day, (I'm almost 24), it's hard to play it with the lights off.

Amnesia is a respected 2nd.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, Torchlight II, Half-Life 2, Jade Empire, the Last Remnant
That's a dealbreaker.
#154DesulatedPosted 10/9/2012 6:16:25 PM
FEAR, at least the first one.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is a gimmick for amateurs.
#155G-NsericoPosted 10/9/2012 6:24:46 PM
Splatterhouse 3 and Silent Hill 1.
#156J_K_GUNSPosted 10/9/2012 6:27:15 PM
Jurassic Park CD for SEGA CD. That game gave me so many nightmares as a kid. I hold that game as the scariest game I've ever played. No other game I have played in my 22 years of video game experience has given me nightmares as horrifying as the one I had for Jurassic Park CD.
---
3DS: 2148-8141-2520
#157LessermookPosted 10/9/2012 6:28:28 PM
Infectedglory posted...
Anyone who has listed any of the Resident Evils or any of the Silent Hills obviously have only played the most mainstream survival horrors. Every other lesser known survival horrors like Prenumbra, Clock Tower, Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground, Condemned, Phantasmogria all trumps REmake+Silent Hill 2 in every horror "criteria".

And Lol at dead space. It's focus on action defeats much of the horror aspect and even then it's mainly consists of Jump Scares which the other games did just as well.

The literally scariest game ever for me was Fatal Frame 2, the only game to ever truly give me nightmares and the one that fits every horror criteria perfectly and more than all the other survival horrors.
Amnesia is 2nd for me but I'll admit I'm jaded after growing up since then and having already heard about it's horror making me prepared for it.

Zombies just can't be scary though. They're the most generic of enemies and not even strong ones.

Hipster alert
---
Im not a troll.
I just hate everything you like.
#158SHAO-KhanPosted 10/9/2012 6:34:59 PM
Tomb Raider

Silent Hill downpour

Resident Evil remake
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#159legacygrimPosted 10/9/2012 6:52:53 PM
For me they've been:

Silent Hill 2 (Creepiest atmosphere in a game I've played / awesome "co-op" experience)
I played SH2 from start to finish with a friend and we could barely sleep for days.

Resident Evil 3 (I still have Nemesis nightmares)

Amnesia (Too scared to even finish it)

As I've played more horror games my fear-resistance has grown, so I might be getting back into Amnesia soon if I can get past the pre-game jitters (not likely).
#160legacygrimPosted 10/9/2012 6:54:14 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Doom 3 is an honorable mention, if only because it was the first "horror" game I ever played on my own.