What's the scariest game you've ever played?

#51revanninjaPosted 10/9/2012 12:55:18 PM
Fatal Frame no question it scared the crap out of you because you can never see if it was an okay event or you were about to get your face taken off by a ghost. The producer closet seen is a good example.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#52kissdadookiePosted 10/9/2012 12:59:16 PM
abnergoinbig posted...
mines are either doom 3 or dead space 2.

I think Dead Space 2, they've missed the mark. The devs decided to tone it down a lot due to feedback for the first game showing that it was too scary for most people. You can tell immediately when you play Dead Space 2 that they've boosted the lighting and dialed back the background sounds a lot to make it less scary.
#53MrcTOtheJPosted 10/9/2012 1:00:55 PM
Rickimaru91 posted...
Mine is Doom 3, it may seem strange since you play as a space marine that carries a huge arsenal of weapons but I was constantly on edge while playing that game due to the creepy atmosphere and the fact that enemies can just jump out at you from nowhere (can't wait for the BFG Edition).

Also I've never really found the Resident Evil games to be very scary myself, so I find it strange that one of the main complaints about the newer games is that they aren't as scary as the older ones.

Yeah DOOM3 was scary...second favorite Doom game behind 1. (Nostalgia)

Yeah the BFG edition will be awesome. That and ME1 being ported over to the PS3 are gonna make for one hell of an X-mas.
---
Self Proclaimed Offical HoonDing, The Yokudan God of Make Way of the TES:V Skyrim Boards (360/PS3)
#54pure mind gamesPosted 10/9/2012 1:02:52 PM
That and ME1 being ported over to the PS3 are gonna make for one hell of an X-mas.

Really? is the save gonna be carry overable to ME2 and 3?
---
Resident Evil 4 Playtrough part Final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psRVCUuWJTY
#55kissdadookiePosted 10/9/2012 1:03:45 PM
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Rickimaru91 posted...
Mine is Doom 3, it may seem strange since you play as a space marine that carries a huge arsenal of weapons but I was constantly on edge while playing that game due to the creepy atmosphere and the fact that enemies can just jump out at you from nowhere (can't wait for the BFG Edition).

Also I've never really found the Resident Evil games to be very scary myself, so I find it strange that one of the main complaints about the newer games is that they aren't as scary as the older ones.

Yeah DOOM3 was scary...second favorite Doom game behind 1. (Nostalgia)

Yeah the BFG edition will be awesome. That and ME1 being ported over to the PS3 are gonna make for one hell of an X-mas.

Wait, go back a bit, ME1 is coming to PS3?!? I've never finished it since I have it on the PC but don't play on PC very often.
#56knive87Posted 10/9/2012 1:05:36 PM
firstbornnyc posted...
Fatal Frame, and Fatal Frame 2

*** yes.. those two are my favorite survival horror games for eternity.

along with fatal frame 3.
---
PSN: knive87
"The forge of my heart grows cold and the world shivers for it"
#57kangaroozPosted 10/9/2012 1:06:13 PM
The original Silent Hill 1. Im sorry but Dead Space will never be scary as long as the monsters keep droping prizes and goodies for you to pick up. It doesnt matter what the music is like or the graphics. as long as i see a monster and think dollar signs instead of "oh crap i hope he doesnt see me" then it will never be scary.
---
R.I.P. True Survival Horror 1996-2005
#58userfrigginamePosted 10/9/2012 1:07:37 PM
Dead Space 2
#59kissdadookiePosted 10/9/2012 1:10:51 PM(edited)
kangarooz posted...
The original Silent Hill 1. Im sorry but Dead Space will never be scary as long as the monsters keep droping prizes and goodies for you to pick up. It doesnt matter what the music is like or the graphics. as long as i see a monster and think dollar signs instead of "oh crap i hope he doesnt see me" then it will never be scary.

In other words, you haven't really played the game then, because if you did, you would know that the music or graphics had nothing to do with it being scary.

Dead Space had one trick up it's sleeve and it wasn't the fear of death. It was the simple aspect of it being the equivalent of someone sneaking up behind you completely undetected and yelling and shaking you suddenly. It's called a jump scare and if you are expecting people to believe that such a scare does not scare you, then you would pretty much be lying since jump scares are based on very natural human reactions. It's simply unavoidable to be scared in such a way.
#60Mister_ZurkonPosted 10/9/2012 1:11:19 PM
kissdadookie posted...
kangarooz posted...

In other words, you haven't really played the game then, because if you did, you would know that the music or graphics had nothing to do with it being scary.

Dead Space had one trick up it's sleeve and it wasn't the fear of death. It was the simple aspect of it being the equivalent of someone sneaking up behind you completely undetected and yelling and shaking you suddenly.

Too bad you are a tank in that game. The goal is literally to explode zombies into tiny pieces, Wacky Ragdoll physics included.

Also the Death Animations seem more like Deleted Metaloclypse Scenes.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang