I thought RE4 was pretty scary

#21AndyDonoPosted 10/9/2012 1:44:03 PM
XNo_FearX posted...
Anyone else think re4 was scary

Nope, Fatal Frame does a better job at it. Got introduced into that series about 2 years ago.
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#22Exceed20XXPosted 10/9/2012 1:45:13 PM
Not exactly. The scariest thing to me in 4 was the thought of death mainly because of how gruesome they made some of them on top of the fact they were uncensored.
---
2012 pre-orders remaining (11): RO... SFxT... VLR... AC3L...
#23pure mind gamesPosted 10/9/2012 1:47:21 PM
Not exactly. The scariest thing to me in 4 was the thought of death mainly because of how gruesome they made some of them on top of the fact they were uncensored.

And now they're censored and they get a higher age rating
---
Resident Evil 4 Playtrough part Final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psRVCUuWJTY
#24Pandora012Posted 10/9/2012 1:48:03 PM
Yes the first time.....those freaking Priests/Monks with there mumbling and laughing. This part always gets to me.
#25Cosmic_CoyotePosted 10/9/2012 1:55:06 PM
I was 19 back then in 2004 when I played RE4

SPOILERS!!!

And I tough it was pretty scary at first with the guy and the whole town pursuing you with a chainsaw and you have to block doors and windows, later on the dogs in the cementery (that I tough was the same wolf who helped me with the Gigante), the whole town run in the darkness, the swamps, the crazy cultist in the castle and the water room and finally the regenerators / iron maiden freaked the hell out of me.

And this is from someone who NEVER got any scared by any other videogame or movie at all (except Call of Cuthulhu that was pretty scary too)

---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#26DocDeliciousPosted 10/9/2012 2:04:33 PM
Tense =/= scary.

Tension will make you jump and go "oh s***!" when something jumps out at you.
Being scared is when you can't sleep at night because something awful might crawl out of your dreams and appear in your apartment (parent's house).

It had it's tense moments but unless it was the first RE (or any Horror) game you played everything was expected.
It was, and still is, a great game however. Planning on replaying it once I Plat 6.
---
Playing - Demon's/Dark Souls, Monster Hunter FU, Resonance of Fate, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Morrowind, Katamari Forever, Resident Evil 6
PSN: DocDelicious
#27kewldude475Posted 10/9/2012 2:17:38 PM
I thought it was scary my first playthrough.
---
Member of the V3Da master race.
PSN: kewldude475
#28PhewfusPosted 10/9/2012 2:24:43 PM
The only part of RE4 that made me uneasy was the lake boss, partly because of the "jaws" factor with getting knocked out of the boat.
#29BillysanPosted 10/9/2012 3:09:40 PM
I thought the atmosphere at night in the village and inside the military labs was spot on has far has being spooky.

The spots with the regenerations was spot on. I can't really say it made me scared though.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#30AnimesetsunaPosted 10/9/2012 3:10:29 PM
RE4 was scary when I was out of ammo.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa (>_<)