I think Simmons is bugged (spoilers).

#1DocDeliciousPosted 10/9/2012 2:59:09 PM
No pun intended.

I'm on Simmon's last boss fight with Leon where he turns into the giant fly on the roof. I got so frustrated with this part that I quit and played the other two main campaigns and now I wana finish this before I start on Ada.
Here's the deal;
Zombie already on the lightning rod when I enter the arena (assume that's intended to show you what to do).
Can't interact with the rod while the zombie is on it (also assume that's intended).
Now the issues;
I can gun/grenade one of his front legs off just fine. However, he absolutely will not go for the zombie with the rod through him no matter what. Every single time I've done this fight I've gotten it to where the rod zombie is the only one in the arena. Even going as far to kill zombies as they are climbing the fences etcetera to make sure it's the only one. He just will not grab it. He'll sit there in his stunned state for minutes on end until I slip up and let a zombie get into the arena...then he'll heal himself with that one.
I'm starting to think the fight's bugged.

Any ideas?

tl;dr Simmons won't grab the impaled zombie even if it's the only one in the arena. Will sit in his stunned state for minutes until a zombie gets past me.
---
Playing - Demon's/Dark Souls, Monster Hunter FU, Resonance of Fate, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Morrowind, Katamari Forever, Resident Evil 6
PSN: DocDelicious
#2Sephivengeance9Posted 10/9/2012 3:00:38 PM
I think you have to destroy his eyes a couple of times first.
---
Phoenix is weak! >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1UVHfJvJDo
#3kabasaPosted 10/9/2012 3:01:19 PM
think you gotta destroy like 4 of his legs before he goes for the rod.
---
Eddie: Ill be back soon covered in Metal God love.
Ozzy: Oh god...
#4ElusionM_08Posted 10/9/2012 3:02:32 PM
Shoot the orbs on his belly (go under him). And also shoot/stab his eyes when you get the opportunity.
---
Chris and Leon Bromance - October 2nd 2012
#5albelnox112Posted 10/9/2012 3:02:36 PM
you need to shoot that Flys Stomack area first (he has 4 red ballons that shine.. thats your cue)

after 1-4 of em are destroyed.. thats when he will pick up rod Zombie
#6Ultra_JoePosted 10/9/2012 3:04:20 PM
DocDelicious posted...
No pun intended.

I'm on Simmon's last boss fight with Leon where he turns into the giant fly on the roof. I got so frustrated with this part that I quit and played the other two main campaigns and now I wana finish this before I start on Ada.
Here's the deal;
Zombie already on the lightning rod when I enter the arena (assume that's intended to show you what to do).
Can't interact with the rod while the zombie is on it (also assume that's intended).
Now the issues;
I can gun/grenade one of his front legs off just fine. However, he absolutely will not go for the zombie with the rod through him no matter what. Every single time I've done this fight I've gotten it to where the rod zombie is the only one in the arena. Even going as far to kill zombies as they are climbing the fences etcetera to make sure it's the only one. He just will not grab it. He'll sit there in his stunned state for minutes on end until I slip up and let a zombie get into the arena...then he'll heal himself with that one.
I'm starting to think the fight's bugged.

Any ideas?

tl;dr Simmons won't grab the impaled zombie even if it's the only one in the arena. Will sit in his stunned state for minutes until a zombie gets past me.

Try shooting out two of his legs cause' for some reason it worked out for me. And yeah, this boss fight took me quite a while so I was kinda pissed too.
---
"Yeah, cause' what do you do in a mansion full of zombies? Play Moonlight F****** Sonata."
--random youtube comment
#7That_Orange_RyuPosted 10/9/2012 3:04:50 PM
That's odd.

Are you only destroying one of his legs?

What I did was kept on shooting off his legs until he just went for it.

Here's a video I found to be helpful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU0hE_mV66Q

skip to 14:44

The dude destroys the same leg for like the 3rd time and then you'll see a cutscene where he eats the lightning rod.
#8occmanPosted 10/9/2012 3:05:48 PM
kabasa posted...
think you gotta destroy like 4 of his legs before he goes for the rod.

This is how i got past him. Got to repeat above steps 3-4 times before done.
Do not forget to stick a zombie w/ the spike if it's on the ground!!!! That way the fly can pick it up for shocking results.
#9DocDelicious(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 3:08:31 PM
Hmmm...that might be it then. I've never had more than one of his legs destroyed at once because unless I focus on killing the zombies he just heals himself and grows it back immediately.
I've been shooting at the spots on his belly to get him to trigger that swipe QTE where you run up his leg but never to the point of destroying them.

I'll just try ignoring the swipe thing and focus on his belly then. Thanks guys.
---
Playing - Demon's/Dark Souls, Monster Hunter FU, Resonance of Fate, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Morrowind, Katamari Forever, Resident Evil 6
PSN: DocDelicious
#10pure mind gamesPosted 10/9/2012 3:11:14 PM
When does the game let stick the rod directly in his head? I tried last time but the prompt wouldn't show so I just shot it's eye
---
Resident Evil 4 Playtrough part Final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psRVCUuWJTY