The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Reviewers give RE6 bad scores based on it not being like the old games.

#1Takeda123Posted 10/10/2012 2:54:19 AM
Wow seems alot of these reviews are reviewing this low because they feel it isn't horror enough and that's not cool. the camera is not a problem at all I had no problems playing this. no one is complaining of massive glitches, broken gameplay, lack of polish etc. they are scoring it based on it not being resident evil vs reviewing it as a competent game. that's really biased. seems like they are taking it personal that RE has evolved into a shooter and are punishing it for it. that's bs. it gets either good or bad reviews, that should tell you how biased these people are.
#2NeopantomImePosted 10/10/2012 3:05:51 AM
Totally agree and glad reviewers remember when the game series was at its best. Pretty graphics are no match for good game-play and story. Unfortunately as long as something says Resident Evil most people will buy it. The only way the series will return to its roots is if sales suffer and people are vocal with the comp[any they want their game back. If you enjoy the game though that's cool, there are just way better 3rd person shooters out there IMHO :-)
---
Victims... Aren't we all? (PSN - "Neopantomime")
#34dfmaEFPosted 10/10/2012 3:10:12 AM(edited)
RE 6 has problems but almost none of those are mentioned in any review. Reviewers were indeed biased
---
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
#4tehheadPosted 10/10/2012 3:23:10 AM
NeopantomIme posted...
Totally agree and glad reviewers remember when the game series was at its best. Pretty graphics are no match for good game-play and story. Unfortunately as long as something says Resident Evil most people will buy it. The only way the series will return to its roots is if sales suffer and people are vocal with the comp[any they want their game back. If you enjoy the game though that's cool, there are just way better 3rd person shooters out there IMHO :-)

Name 1 that isn't vanquish
1 gears are slow & boring
2 binary domain are cool, but story wise only, gameplay is fine

Gee i dunno other TPS which is better than RE6 these days
RE5 is still its close competitor
#5danny_S_06Posted 10/10/2012 3:29:09 AM
tehhead posted...
NeopantomIme posted...

Uncharted.

Also I still wouldn't compare any of those to RE6, RE6 isn't supposed to be a full fledged TPS, they haven't quite got there yet, if they had more emphasis on cover, watered down melee attacking, gave you more ammo, and had fully regenerating health, then maybe you could call it a TPS.

That's just my take.
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)
#6tehheadPosted 10/10/2012 3:34:58 AM
danny_S_06 posted...
tehhead posted...
NeopantomIme posted...

Uncharted.

Also I still wouldn't compare any of those to RE6, RE6 isn't supposed to be a full fledged TPS, they haven't quite got there yet, if they had more emphasis on cover, watered down melee attacking, gave you more ammo, and had fully regenerating health, then maybe you could call it a TPS.

That's just my take.

And i find uncharted boring to, at least from the unharted 2, the control was Quite wonky there, almost close to this game
The last of us doesn't seem intriguing, its on semi rail (your chosen path have their own obstacle)
Vanquish gives you a twitchy TPS, this game also to some degree, binary domain also punish you by staying in cover/ still, at least waist firing give you the edgein binarydomain

Maybe just nack on american genre, me being asian and all
I hate slow control
#7StupidMofozPosted 10/10/2012 3:37:46 AM
NeopantomIme posted...

Not a 3rd person shooter, re6 is an action game, a different kind of action game that's gameplay isn't like other games. It's based on proper shot positioning and melee, not spray and pay. At least if you are a mercs player.
#8EndOfDiscOnePosted 10/10/2012 4:30:03 AM
Uncharted 1 is NOT a good TPS. The shooting is incredibly repetitive, way more than in RE6.
---
http://img.imgcake.com/fitgirljpgta.jpg
#9Cpl_D_HicksPosted 10/10/2012 7:38:23 AM
The most pathetic thing about these "wah wah wah, its not old RE" complaints is that when RE 4 came out, these same people were whining about how horrible the old games were & how flawless RE4 was.
---
http://goodfella2459.dvdaf.com/owned
http://www.redbubble.com/people/goodfella2459
#10pixel378Posted 10/10/2012 7:45:46 AM
Whilst its unfair its also warranted. Fans want the older stuff and expect the older stuff. Reviewers stand up for the hardcore gamers and what we want, letting Capcom know they cant get away with catering to the casuals by dumbing everything down and making a crappy game.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit