Reviewers give RE6 bad scores based on it not being like the old games.

#11InfectedgloryPosted 10/10/2012 8:46:52 AM
pixel378 posted...
Whilst its unfair its also warranted. Fans want the older stuff and expect the older stuff. Reviewers stand up for the hardcore gamers and what we want, letting Capcom know they cant get away with catering to the casuals by dumbing everything down and making a crappy game.

What are you talking about? most reviewers ARE casual. Don't you see how they adore CoD and Mario games?
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.| You've gotta be willing to risk it all if you're. ever. Really. Gonna. WIN BIG!!!!!!!!!
#12abnergoinbigPosted 10/10/2012 8:59:55 AM
NeopantomIme posted...
Totally agree and glad reviewers remember when the game series was at its best. Pretty graphics are no match for good game-play and story. Unfortunately as long as something says Resident Evil most people will buy it. The only way the series will return to its roots is if sales suffer and people are vocal with the comp[any they want their game back. If you enjoy the game though that's cool, there are just way better 3rd person shooters out there IMHO :-)

thats the thing, as a COMPANY, they will never make a game knowing it will sell like s***. They did this because all past RE games before 4 sold horrible. I dont blame them and i enjoy all the latest RE games.
#13Minatokun13Posted 10/10/2012 9:34:19 AM
Takeda123 posted...
Wow seems alot of these reviews are reviewing this low because they feel it isn't horror enough and that's not cool. the camera is not a problem at all I had no problems playing this. no one is complaining of massive glitches, broken gameplay, lack of polish etc. they are scoring it based on it not being resident evil vs reviewing it as a competent game. that's really biased. seems like they are taking it personal that RE has evolved into a shooter and are punishing it for it. that's bs. it gets either good or bad reviews, that should tell you how biased these people are.

I don't think you actually READ the reviews. First of all, this is billed as a horror game. Therefore, saying "there's not enough horror and that's a bad thing" is a perfectly legitimate complaint, and has nothing to do with the old games necessarily.

Second, Pretty much all of those negative reviews mentioned lack of polish, subpar mechanics compared to other current-gen games with similar mechanics, and the camera.

So...I think if anyone's biased, you're the one who's biased, since you seem to have read the reviews and completely disregarded the parts where they pointed out flaws in the game without comparing it to older RE games.
#144dfmaEFPosted 10/10/2012 9:46:21 AM
Minatokun13 posted...
Takeda123 posted...
Wow seems alot of these reviews are reviewing this low because they feel it isn't horror enough and that's not cool. the camera is not a problem at all I had no problems playing this. no one is complaining of massive glitches, broken gameplay, lack of polish etc. they are scoring it based on it not being resident evil vs reviewing it as a competent game. that's really biased. seems like they are taking it personal that RE has evolved into a shooter and are punishing it for it. that's bs. it gets either good or bad reviews, that should tell you how biased these people are.

Second, Pretty much all of those negative reviews mentioned lack of polish, subpar mechanics compared to other current-gen games with similar mechanics, and the camera.

The mechanics are totally fine. Even if you consider the buttons to be over-staffed, you can't compare the controls to ie. UC or Gears because the gamplays goal is totally different.

Keeping that in mind the complaints about subpar mechanics are indeed silly. And I get along just fine using them, no need to adapt or train whatsoever.

Also, the camera is obviously there to reinforce the horror impression, something the reviewers keep complaining about. The first few REs had fix cameras and no one complained back then. Totally ridiculous to bring this up as negative point now.

As I already stated, RE 6 has other problems but none of the reviewers were able to either detect them or name them.
---
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
#15Coryo61827Posted 10/10/2012 10:09:40 AM
Quote:Wow seems alot of these reviews are reviewing this low because they feel it isn't horror enough and that's not cool. the camera is not a problem at all I had no problems playing this. no one is complaining of massive glitches, broken gameplay, lack of polish etc. they are scoring it based on it not being resident evil vs reviewing it as a competent game. that's really biased. seems like they are taking it personal that RE has evolved into a shooter and are punishing it for it. that's bs. it gets either good or bad reviews, that should tell you how biased these people are.
@Takeda123

Right, they should give the game a great score because

1.) some really bad and annoying glitches in the game (most notably the train in Leon's chapter)

2.) WAY too Linear

3.) lack of unlockables like all the past resident evil games, lowering replayability a bit.

4.) constantly having gameplay interrupted by little cutscenes over and over again every minute or so. Especially when Leon and everyone were in the gun shop. Soooo many interrupting scenes!

5.) excess use of QTE's. I don't mind a few of them here and there like resident evil 4 but they were ridiculous in this game.

And 6.) resident evil really is trying to be something it's not now. Resident evil is going through an identity crisis and it shows and I agree with the reviewers that have mentioned this.

And before everyone bashes me saying I'm an old school classic style resident evil fanboy, let it be known that my least favorite resident evil game is resident evil 0. One of the classic style ones. My opinion is completely unbiased. These are legit things I didn't like about resident evil 6. I didn't hate it per say but I think it's far from the best one. In a couple years this game won't be remembered nearly as much as Resident Evil 2.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#16WRRYYYYersPosted 10/10/2012 11:25:47 AM
If only people could review games for what they were instead of what they weren't.
---
Emperor Kanji Approved Smashtastic Swag Style
http://i.imgur.com/5E48Z.png
#17EleczoroPosted 10/10/2012 11:28:41 AM
Coryo61827 posted...

Right, they should give the game a great score because

1.) some really bad and annoying glitches in the game (most notably the train in Leon's chapter)

2.) WAY too Linear

3.) lack of unlockables like all the past resident evil games, lowering replayability a bit.

4.) constantly having gameplay interrupted by little cutscenes over and over again every minute or so. Especially when Leon and everyone were in the gun shop. Soooo many interrupting scenes!

5.) excess use of QTE's. I don't mind a few of them here and there like resident evil 4 but they were ridiculous in this game.

And 6.) resident evil really is trying to be something it's not now. Resident evil is going through an identity crisis and it shows and I agree with the reviewers that have mentioned this.

And before everyone bashes me saying I'm an old school classic style resident evil fanboy, let it be known that my least favorite resident evil game is resident evil 0. One of the classic style ones. My opinion is completely unbiased. These are legit things I didn't like about resident evil 6. I didn't hate it per say but I think it's far from the best one. In a couple years this game won't be remembered nearly as much as Resident Evil 2.

Lol wut. Just because you didn't like RE0 doesn't clear you of not being an old school Resident Evil fanboy. RE0 was already moving into the future which old RE fanboys can't.
#18TimTebow1Posted 10/10/2012 11:33:41 AM
The game is fine, I just wish games like the old RE ones were still made. To me, the survivor horror elements in the original games were just perfect and its just hard to find a scary game like those anymore. I have no problem with RE6, seems like it is a really good game and everyone likes it so more power to them, but I would love if somehow a game with the elements of older RE were made.
---
Youtube-Roxus12
#19tehheadPosted 10/10/2012 11:47:15 AM
TimTebow1 posted...
The game is fine, I just wish games like the old RE ones were still made. To me, the survivor horror elements in the original games were just perfect and its just hard to find a scary game like those anymore. I have no problem with RE6, seems like it is a really good game and everyone likes it so more power to them, but I would love if somehow a game with the elements of older RE were made.

we wait for mikami rebirth of resident evil / biohazard, ZWEI
its still in project though, might be announced in december, if my impression about him is right
#20FanaticGamer89Posted 10/10/2012 12:15:43 PM
pixel378 posted...
Whilst its unfair its also warranted. Fans want the older stuff and expect the older stuff. Reviewers stand up for the hardcore gamers and what we want, letting Capcom know they cant get away with catering to the casuals by dumbing everything down and making a crappy game.

Dumbing down everything? Excuse me? This is the most complex and sophisticated Resident Evil 6 game yet, you need only look at the controller input screen to know this to be true.

The only thing you might get away with, is saying the puzzles are dumbed down (there's barely any puzzles at all lol), but even then, the puzzles in the older Resident Evil games didn't exactly take a genius knowing rocket science to solve them.

This games problem is not that it was dumbed down, it has to do with pacing of gameplay, and way, WAY too many quick time events, shoddy camera movements when you have to "escape" etc.

But to say this game is dumbed down from the previous games is simply not true.