Reviewers give RE6 bad scores based on it not being like the old games.

#21The_DjokerPosted 10/10/2012 12:19:03 PM
danny_S_06 posted...
tehhead posted...
NeopantomIme posted...
Totally agree and glad reviewers remember when the game series was at its best. Pretty graphics are no match for good game-play and story. Unfortunately as long as something says Resident Evil most people will buy it. The only way the series will return to its roots is if sales suffer and people are vocal with the comp[any they want their game back. If you enjoy the game though that's cool, there are just way better 3rd person shooters out there IMHO :-)

Name 1 that isn't vanquish
1 gears are slow & boring
2 binary domain are cool, but story wise only, gameplay is fine

Gee i dunno other TPS which is better than RE6 these days
RE5 is still its close competitor

Uncharted.

Also I still wouldn't compare any of those to RE6, RE6 isn't supposed to be a full fledged TPS, they haven't quite got there yet, if they had more emphasis on cover, watered down melee attacking, gave you more ammo, and had fully regenerating health, then maybe you could call it a TPS.

That's just my take.

And i find uncharted boring to, at least from the unharted 2, the control was Quite wonky there, almost close to this game
The last of us doesn't seem intriguing, its on semi rail (your chosen path have their own obstacle)
Vanquish gives you a twitchy TPS, this game also to some degree, binary domain also punish you by staying in cover/ still, at least waist firing give you the edgein binarydomain

Maybe just nack on american genre, me being asian and all
I hate slow control

every good game is boring to you kid. That's why you enjoying this game. Terrible taste.
---
http://s16.postimage.org/n9cmvufj7/Kagawa_djoker.png
#22InfectedgloryPosted 10/10/2012 12:21:01 PM
The_Djoker posted...
danny_S_06 posted...
tehhead posted...

Name 1 that isn't vanquish
1 gears are slow & boring
2 binary domain are cool, but story wise only, gameplay is fine

Gee i dunno other TPS which is better than RE6 these days
RE5 is still its close competitor

Uncharted.

Also I still wouldn't compare any of those to RE6, RE6 isn't supposed to be a full fledged TPS, they haven't quite got there yet, if they had more emphasis on cover, watered down melee attacking, gave you more ammo, and had fully regenerating health, then maybe you could call it a TPS.

That's just my take.

And i find uncharted boring to, at least from the unharted 2, the control was Quite wonky there, almost close to this game
The last of us doesn't seem intriguing, its on semi rail (your chosen path have their own obstacle)
Vanquish gives you a twitchy TPS, this game also to some degree, binary domain also punish you by staying in cover/ still, at least waist firing give you the edgein binarydomain

Maybe just nack on american genre, me being asian and all
I hate slow control

every good game is boring to you kid. That's why you enjoying this game. Terrible taste.

And how is your taste better than his?
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.| You've gotta be willing to risk it all if you're. ever. Really. Gonna. WIN BIG!!!!!!!!!
#23LtRickGreyPosted 10/10/2012 12:30:17 PM
Do you people walk down the horror genre section in best buy, look at dvds and expect to be scared?

HORROR IS A GENRE PEOPLE!

Fear factor is something else. Resident evil 6 IS a horror game.
#24MetalGearPoosePosted 10/10/2012 12:34:28 PM
4dfmaEF posted...
RE 6 has problems but almost none of those are mentioned in any review. Reviewers were indeed biased

What are you talking about???? All I read in reviews is the wonky camera, constant over-used dramatic set-pieces, loads of QTEs, HORRIBLE cover system, etc... all of which are problems in my opinion (and obviously in the reviewers' opinion.)

This game is not a bad game... in fact, some of it is really good!!! but a lot of it is just mediocre.
---
^Of course, this is just MY opinion.
#25MetalGearPoosePosted 10/10/2012 12:37:36 PM
Cpl_D_Hicks posted...
The most pathetic thing about these "wah wah wah, its not old RE" complaints is that when RE 4 came out, these same people were whining about how horrible the old games were & how flawless RE4 was.

I'm pretty sure you just pulled that out of your ass.
---
^Of course, this is just MY opinion.
#26ShinZeroPosted 10/10/2012 1:14:20 PM
I like this game but it just feels rushed. That's probably what's most frustrating. At its core this is a good game. It has moments that really did stand out as being awesome, scary or suspenseful. Then you get other parts of the game that frankly just aren't very good for one reason or another.
---
You think you know me.
#27GodSlayer66Posted 10/10/2012 1:24:26 PM
LtRickGrey posted...
Do you people walk down the horror genre section in best buy, look at dvds and expect to be scared?

HORROR IS A GENRE PEOPLE!

Fear factor is something else. Resident evil 6 IS a horror game.

A very bad one. But that's the thing with slashers too. You don't even expect the to be good either. So it's not the horror that makes them enjoyable.

The redeeming part is that outside of some experimental ideas that did not work(like those stupidly unpolished driving sequences) RE6 is imo above average action game.
For example i enjoyed RE6 way more than i did the borefest that was gears of war 2 and 3.
---
This post is now 20% cooler.
#28SiLVeR_420Posted 10/10/2012 1:52:29 PM
EndOfDiscOne posted...
Uncharted 1 is NOT a good TPS. The shooting is incredibly repetitive, way more than in RE6.

Uncharted 1 was OK at best.
Uncharted 2 was great but the cover system and shooting was a little weird still but better.
Uncharted 3 I absolutely loved but that's mostly because of all the similarities it had with the 3rd Indiana Jones movie and that one was also my favorite of the 3.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#29sanddude20Posted 10/10/2012 2:10:18 PM
Well they did mention that RE6 has changed the series overall, they really did give some points on why the game was bad...

-QTEs up the butt
-Horrible cover system
-trying to blend survival horror and action shooter together and failing
-the cheap instant deaths all over the place
-the numerous vehicle sequences
---
To the victor go the spoils!
#30HakaiVeilPosted 10/10/2012 2:20:35 PM
sanddude20 posted...
Well they did mention that RE6 has changed the series overall, they really did give some points on why the game was bad...

-QTEs up the butt
-Horrible cover system
-trying to blend survival horror and action shooter together and failing
-the cheap instant deaths all over the place
-the numerous vehicle sequences

All leading to a game that is just a phoned-in generic Summer action flick-esque title.

It isn't JUST that RE6 is being compared to the older better games, but that RE6 on its own is just drab.