Reviewers give RE6 bad scores based on it not being like the old games.

#41MadigariPosted 10/10/2012 3:47:57 PM(edited)
MetalGearPoose posted...
Edit: Oh... and the 6 things he mentioned are fact... so... how is that biased?

A little lesson in facts, by each point:

1) Saying that there are glitches is a fact. Saying that they are annoying is opinion. Some-to-most people will just stay on the far left of the tracks, for example, removing any annoyance from the wide hit box the train has.

2) "Way too" is opinion. That's like saying something is "way too spicy".

3) This game has fewer unlockables than RE4/5, perhaps, but more than RE1, 2, or 3. This one isn't even fact or opinion, it's just wrong.

4) Opinion, again. First, some people may like cutscenes. Second, constantly isn't a quantified term. Facts are quantifiable. "Every minute or so" isn't quantifiable in the least.

5) Excessive is not quantifiable. As in, an excessive use of bulletpoints, an excessive use of salt. Opinion, not fact, and based on the person, not the total population.

6) Resident Evil is whatever it wants to be. Telling me that the game is going through an identity crisis is like me telling you that you were supposed to be a doctor instead of a lawyer, and as a result, nothing you could do as a lawyer would make you be less of a failure. Not only is that totally opinion, it's being as subjective as possible with your review; you have the right to do so, of course, but don't pass that off as fact.

EDIT: >:| Fine, ninja me. See if I care.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#42MetalGearPoosePosted 10/10/2012 3:47:31 PM
shawnmck posted...
Takeda123 posted...
Wow seems alot of these reviews are reviewing this low because they feel it isn't horror enough and that's not cool. the camera is not a problem at all I had no problems playing this. no one is complaining of massive glitches, broken gameplay, lack of polish etc. they are scoring it based on it not being resident evil vs reviewing it as a competent game. that's really biased. seems like they are taking it personal that RE has evolved into a shooter and are punishing it for it. that's bs. it gets either good or bad reviews, that should tell you how biased these people are.

Agreed.
It is really hypocritical of them too, because many will bash some games that stay the same, but when RE6 changes, then its a bad game because it's not like RE4.
WTF?
Some games get bashed for not changing, and RE6 gets bashed for changing.
You have to laugh at their logic.
I will even go further to say that they had their minds made up on what they wanted to give the game even before they even played it.
But basically they are just having a temper tantrum like the insecure & immature brats that they are.

Yes RE6 changed... some for the better... but mostly for the worst. It's not just change that's the issue... it's the directions they take with that change. Your logic is the one that is flawed.

Anyone that reviews a game poorly must be immature or insecure? When was it such a crime to have an opinion? Here's mine:

Resident Evil 6 is not a bad game. It's definitely not 4.5 out of 10 bad. But it's not even a 9 or an 8... It's the worst in the numbered series in my opinion. (I don't count RE0) I'd say it's a 7 or a 7.5. Most of the game is merely serviceable with a few standout segments.
---
^Of course, this is just MY opinion.
#43spikefreakyPosted 10/10/2012 3:49:32 PM
Madigari posted...
MetalGearPoose posted...

1) Saying that there are glitches is a fact. Saying that they are annoying is opinion. Some-to-most people will just stay on the far left of the tracks, for example, removing any annoyance from the wide hit box the train has.

3) This game has fewer unlockables than RE4/5, perhaps, but more than RE1, 2, or 3. This one isn't even fact or opinion, it's just wrong.

4) Opinion, again. First, some people may like cutscenes. Second, constantly isn't a quantified term. Facts are quantifiable. "Every minute or so" isn't quantifiable in the least.

5) Excessive is not quantifiable. As in, an excessive use of bulletpoints, an excessive use of salt. Opinion, not fact, and based on the person, not the total population.

6) Resident Evil is whatever it wants to be. Telling me that the game is going through an identity crisis is like me telling you that you were supposed to be a doctor instead of a lawyer, and as a result, nothing you could do as a lawyer would make you be less of a failure. Not only is that totally opinion, it's being as subjective as possible with your review; you have the right to do so, of course, but don't pass that off as fact.

LMAO, dude you are now my hero, I couldn't of been bothered to go into that much detail.
---
PSN: Spykefreaky GT: Spyke Freaky - Suppaman234 a real trustworthy Gamefaqer
My setup http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd221/spykeK/Setup
#44IKnowGameFuPosted 10/10/2012 3:51:10 PM
Takeda123 posted...
Wow seems alot of these reviews are reviewing this low because they feel it isn't horror enough and that's not cool. the camera is not a problem at all I had no problems playing this. no one is complaining of massive glitches, broken gameplay, lack of polish etc. they are scoring it based on it not being resident evil vs reviewing it as a competent game. that's really biased. seems like they are taking it personal that RE has evolved into a shooter and are punishing it for it. that's bs. it gets either good or bad reviews, that should tell you how biased these people are.

I guess you just don't understand why people are upset. First of all Resident Evil got where it is today because of the long time fans. Capcom basically says we don't care about our long term customers, we want to get that Uncharted/Gears of War/Call of Duty crowd.

Next the game is advertised as main entry in the Resident Evil series. Not a spin off like Operation Racoon City or Outbreak. As a main entry it should have the things that made us fans of Resident Evil to begin with. If I go to see a Friday the 13th movie and instead get something that resembles Black Hawk Down I deserve to be upset regardless of the quality.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#45MadigariPosted 10/10/2012 3:57:57 PM
IKnowGameFu posted...
I guess you just don't understand why people are upset. First of all Resident Evil got where it is today because of the long time fans. Capcom basically says we don't care about our long term customers, we want to get that Uncharted/Gears of War/Call of Duty crowd.

Next the game is advertised as main entry in the Resident Evil series. Not a spin off like Operation Racoon City or Outbreak. As a main entry it should have the things that made us fans of Resident Evil to begin with. If I go to see a Friday the 13th movie and instead get something that resembles Black Hawk Down I deserve to be upset regardless of the quality.

First of all, Resident Evil was supposed to be ended at 4 because of the loyalty of its long-time fans. So, you know...Might want to hesitate on bringing that up. Mikami got the choice of either ending it due to stagnating sales and interest, or adjusting the series and making it more appealing to a wider audience. That choice wouldn't have been his if "long time fans" were as dedicated as they seem to think they are.

Second, the game was never advertised -as- survival horror, or as similar to the other entries in the franchise. As a main entry that told you, 100%, what you were getting from the off-set, you shouldn't have been shocked even in the least. If you go to see a Friday the 13th movie, and it has been advertised as nothing but an action flick, don't be upset when you sit through the movie and realize, "Oh, crap. It really -is- nothing but an action flick. I fooled myself, but I can't possibly blame myself...Quick, focus on the company!"
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#46spikefreakyPosted 10/10/2012 3:58:22 PM
IKnowGameFu posted...
Takeda123 posted...

Yeah because like we original fans made the series as great as it was? it wasn't capcom at all, it was simply our support, and then 4 came along and 80% of us cried it sold out, I still know like 4 fans who refuse to play the new series after playing 4, then 5 and another 10% dropped off, don't kid yourself mate, you and yours abandoned the greatest game series imo that every existed, I stuck with it i backed Capcom, you know why, because I got that what made RE great WAS NEVER the camera or the pacing or the music, it was the simple fact that the games were solid in gameplay and had great characters and huge story IE the files & they're what made you care about the series most likely they sucked you in, and that didn't change with 4,5 and 6.

As for it being a main entry wow, it's just evolved on the same path I see you mention gears and uncharted, both series were inspired by the RE4 gameplay, so erm your point would be? that its like RE4?
---
PSN: Spykefreaky GT: Spyke Freaky - Suppaman234 a real trustworthy Gamefaqer
My setup http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd221/spykeK/Setup
#47InfectedgloryPosted 10/10/2012 3:59:02 PM
IKnowGameFu posted...

First of all Resident Evil got where it is today because of the long time fans. .

This is the most wrong claim that people use. No a game franchise gets where it is by developers which in turn are motivated by profit and their budget which are gotten by sales which are paid for by the majority. The majority liked survival horror back then. Time went forward, the majority likes something else. The selling of a product is a one time thing, not a loyalty type thing. They don't owe their customers anything as they already gave them the product. Unless you're a stockholder of theirs they can do whatever they want. Fan entitlement is the most pathetic and spoiled people can be.
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.| You've gotta be willing to risk it all if you're. ever. Really. Gonna. WIN BIG!!!!!!!!!
#48MetalGearPoosePosted 10/10/2012 4:02:35 PM
Madigari posted...
MetalGearPoose posted...

Madigari posted...
MetalGearPoose posted...

I'm well aware that he threw his own opinion in each little bit... but you could make each one into a fact just by rewording it. So trivial...

The game is much more linear as opposed to previous titles, the game has a lot more QTEs than MOST VIDEOGAMES, The game has glitches, The game has many cutscenes, The game has less unlockables than previous titles in the series, the gameplay varies between the past 2 titles.
---
^Of course, this is just MY opinion.
#49iCEsTyXPosted 10/10/2012 4:02:38 PM
The past games are just nostalgic to me, it doesn't make them better than this one at all. The past games are what make the new games better.
---
PSN - bluAsterisk
#50InfectedgloryPosted 10/10/2012 4:05:23 PM
MetalGearPoose posted...

, The game has glitches, The game has many cutscenes, The game has less unlockables than previous titles in the series.

Lolwut every game has glitches. Cutscene one is still subjective. This game as more unlockables than pre RE4.
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.| You've gotta be willing to risk it all if you're. ever. Really. Gonna. WIN BIG!!!!!!!!!