The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

RE5 content > RE6

#1Loki90Posted 10/10/2012 12:33:53 PM
The graphics of the cut scenes of RE5 are way better looking than RE6.

The alt costumes in RE5 can be used in the campaign and also even appear in the cut scenes.

Loads of files in the game and in the gallery menu.

Lost in Nightmare in terms of horror is > Leon campaign.

The two default costumes in mercs dont have different set of weapons, they just change based on the stage.
#2Loki90(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 12:37:02 PM
Also more maps for mercs on the disc. If I remember right it was 10 stages for mercs for you unlock.

In RE6 only 3 initial maps, the others are paid dlc.
#3SSJGrimReaperPosted 10/10/2012 12:38:03 PM
I do miss using costumes in the campaign :(
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltfthdnJel1r4my8ko1_400.gif
#4Hero3zizPosted 10/10/2012 12:39:10 PM
Loki90 posted...
The graphics of the cut scenes of RE5 are way better looking than RE6.

The alt costumes in RE5 can be used in the campaign and also even appear in the cut scenes.

Loads of files in the game and in the gallery menu.

Lost in Nightmare in terms of horror is > Leon campaign.

The two default costumes in mercs dont have different set of weapons, they just change based on the stage.

you don know that LIN is a dlc right? when re5 was released it only had the short main game and the mercs, the rest is just DLC, the only thing RE5 has more than RE6 was mercs maps, and that becuase capcom got greedy, the graphics difference? not that important since RE6's graphics arent bad, files? search the net for the info, quicker and easier :p
---
3DS FC: 2535-3675-7160 PSN ID: Elemenalhero
"I'm no hero, never was , never will be" -Solid Snake
#5slapper1Posted 10/10/2012 1:57:07 PM
*IN MY OPINION* RE 5 is superior to RE 6 in unlocks perhaps, but not in overall content. RE 5 may have unlockable costumes and hidden weapon unlocks, but RE 6 crushes it in just about every other aspect. RE 6's mercs mode is superior, it's campaign is far more varied, the story is more interesting, ect... I was extremely satisfied with the length of RE 6 (33 hours to finish all the campaigns on Veteran mode on solo compared to 10 hours for RE 5 on normal mode) and the games endings left me feeling far more fulfilled then RE 5's. I liked RE 5 don't get me wrong, but I know a superior game when I see one and 6 is a far better game. Again just my opinion.
---
Stupidity isn't a virus, but it sure is spreading like one!
#6caffiend7Posted 10/10/2012 1:59:00 PM
SSJGrimReaper posted...
I do miss using costumes in the campaign :(

We all do
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#7Crystal_DreamPosted 10/10/2012 1:59:28 PM
slapper1 posted...
*IN MY OPINION* RE 5 is superior to RE 6 in unlocks perhaps, but not in overall content. RE 5 may have unlockable costumes and hidden weapon unlocks, but RE 6 crushes it in just about every other aspect. RE 6's mercs mode is superior, it's campaign is far more varied, the story is more interesting, ect... I was extremely satisfied with the length of RE 6 (33 hours to finish all the campaigns on Veteran mode on solo compared to 10 hours for RE 5 on normal mode) and the games endings left me feeling far more fulfilled then RE 5's. I liked RE 5 don't get me wrong, but I know a superior game when I see one and 6 is a far better game. Again just my opinion.

My opinion as well.
You saved me about 5 minutes.
Would've loved a STARS outfit for Chris though...
---
"I love you, I love you forever, so give me your love
to love me forever." - Hatsune Miku
#8gmoshierPosted 10/10/2012 2:00:07 PM
Perhaps Capcom will sell us those alternate merc costumes as dlc to play in the campaigns. They want to make more money and most of us will buy that dlc! LOL!
#9EgHeadFoolPosted 10/10/2012 2:21:37 PM(edited)
I like RE6 but it admittedly stripped a lot of features and added some only partially-functional ones. I'll ignore the things already mentioned like extra bonus costumes and weapons (which IMO do a lot for replayability).

-No weapon upgrade system. Skills are a half-baked replacement for this, most of them ending up useless because other ones will always be preferable. A select few of them are actually situationally swappable (sniper scope, damage to certain enemy types etc). Plus most of the good skills are quite expensive, whereas before you could spread out your money between different gun upgrades much more strategically and often.

-No treasures. Oh boy I can find a briefcase with skill points in it sometimes!

-No inventory storage (or large enough/upgradeable inventory such as RE4). In RE5 you could store and swap out items and weapons between levels. Now you can't. Your inventory is barely big enough to hold a single ammo stack for each gun you have, a healing item or two, and maybe a stack or two of grenades/bombs. Even the original RE games had storage chests, making this the most unbearable inventory yet.

-Invincible AI partner with infinite ammo, plus some skills that only work on single-player. Really? Some people still play offline, Capcom... this does not make the game fun.

-The worst Mercenaries mode to date. I honestly don't get how anyone finds it superior to 4 or 5, plus the levels suck and are few.

-Visually the game DOES look significantly worse than RE5, and the camera just is not great.

-The story is better than 5 but is ruined by fragmented gameplay, badly-designed vehicle segments, terrible cover mechanics, and a sub-par melee system. It's flashy but not fun to match.

I don't regret buying the game but to me, as my personal opinion, it's laughable to consider it better than any previous RE game.
#10Zalmari2Posted 10/10/2012 3:05:36 PM
EgHeadFool posted...

-Visually the game DOES look significantly worse than RE5, and the camera just is not great.

It DOES not, you are just fooled into thinking like that because RE6 happens mostly in dark, whereas RE5 is mostly in bright daylight, which really shows off all the nice details. Visually they are on the same level, though the character animation (faces etc.) is better in RE6.