Did you notice this in Leon's ending?

#31Nophoria88Posted 10/12/2012 6:15:36 PM
Hero3ziz posted...
^^No, its impossible that all 4th characters survived

Hero3ziz posted...
RE3 reveals that barry is alive so that means rebecca never escaped from the mansio, and mostly likely dead.

That's a contradiction man. How is it impossible if she is "most likely" dead? That leaves the possibility BECAUSE she isn't specifically stated dead, unlike when Barry is stated dead.
#32Ace_StrifePosted 10/12/2012 6:57:44 PM
Hero3ziz posted...
^^ I didnt mention UC in my post.

@Gauller ?

And the point is that, as someone else mentioned earlier in this topic, Capcom has confirmed UC as true canon. Thus, none of the RE1 endings are actually canon, and in fact, it doesn't really seem like RE1 is technically completely canon either.

I mean seriously, think about your argument. Either Rebecca survives, or Barry does? There are two different scenarios, and one of them is canon, but not both? And the one that's canon is Barry surviving since he's in RE2 (even though Rebecca is mentioned as alive as well)? It just doesn't work. And even if it did, the fact still remains that UC is canon, and not RE 1.

That said, UC has plot holes when you compare it to the other games, too, but the take home message is that Rebecca lives.

At the end of the day, you need to understand that RE1 had multiple endings because it was initially conceived as a stand alone game, and the true ending, as RE5 implies, is a combination of both scenarios. It appears that Chris and Jill worked together and neither one of them was captured during RE 1's events.
---
"Only good thing about Sephy was his music; Only thing he ever did was throw his mom at you and stab a flowergirl." - BattleJesus
#33_Shuyin_Posted 10/12/2012 11:09:38 PM
The closest way to make a canon ending in RE1 is taking Chris' path. Keep Rebecca alive. And assume Barry survived being outside alone after failing to reach the mansion (he has a magnum afterall) and got in contact with Brad first. At the end, he's off-screen in the co-pilot seat.
---
"Your effort is for naught. How long do you plan to keep this up?"
~Haunting Ground
#34Rickimaru91Posted 10/13/2012 3:17:59 AM
Only parts of Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles are canon. The re-tellings of previous games aren't canon but the new scenarios made specifically for those games are canon. Also the REmake has overwritten RE1 but even that doesn't work completely which is why it has been established in later games that the canonical story is a mixture of both Chris and Jill's stories from the REmake, and that both Rebecca and Barry survived.
#35Ryan-06Posted 10/13/2012 3:34:59 AM(edited)
zerohunter01 posted...
Well with Leon's track record with vehicles....yeah I don't blame her lol

I'm thankful Leon is around to dispel the stupid stereotype that Asians can't drive. Thanks Capcom! I myself am Asian, and a great driver. A Japanese driver set the Nissan GTRs world record on the Nurburgring, and drifting was invented in Japan.

Leon is still the man though! Can't wait till he knocks Chris out. That guy can't fight, he's just a slow brawler. Watch him in cutscenes and gameplay. He's like a freaking Kimbo Slice LOL.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
#36GaullerPosted 10/13/2012 5:51:12 AM
Found it.

MAIL TO THE CHIEF
To:Mr.Brian Irons,chief of the Raccoon City Police Dept.
We have lost the mansion lab facility due to the actions of the renegade
operative,Albert Wesker.
Fortunately,his interference will have no lasting effects upon our continued virus
research.
Our only present concern is the presence of the remaining STARS members:Redfield,
Valentine,Burton,Chambers,and Vickers.
If it comes to light that the STARS have any evidence as to the activities of our
research,dispose of them in such a matter that would appear to be purely accidental.
Continue to moniter there progress and make certain their knowledge does not go
public.
Annette will continue to be your contact through out this affair.
William Birkin
I have deposited the amount of US $10,000 to the account for you services this
term as per our agreement.
This developement of the G-Virus schedule to replace the T-Virus,is near completion.
Once completed,I am certain that I will be appointed to be a member of the executive
board for Umbrella Inc.
It is imperative that we proceed with extreme caution.Redfield and the remaining
STARS members are still attempting to uncover information on the project.Continue
to monitor their activities and block all attempts to investigate the underground
research facilities.
William Birkin
We have a problem.I have received information informing me the Umbrella HQ
has sent spies to recover my research on the G-Virus.There an unknown number
of agents involved.They must not be allowed to take this project away from me
as it represents my entire life's work.
Search the city thoroughly for any suspicious persons.Detain any such individuals
by whatever means deemed necesary and contact me through Annette.With these
precautions,any possible threat should be eliminated.
I will not allow anyone to steal my work on the G-Virus.Not even Umbrella....
William Birken

Not sure if those typos are from the game or the author.
#37Hero3zizPosted 10/13/2012 6:15:37 AM
Nophoria88 posted...
Hero3ziz posted...
^^No, its impossible that all 4th characters survived

Hero3ziz posted...
RE3 reveals that barry is alive so that means rebecca never escaped from the mansio, and mostly likely dead.

That's a contradiction man. How is it impossible if she is "most likely" dead? That leaves the possibility BECAUSE she isn't specifically stated dead, unlike when Barry is stated dead.

I meant its impossible that all four characters escaped together, but aparently they did, so rebecca is alive, its lame that the canon ending doesnt exist in the game itself, they "ruined" the ending in the sequel so that one character survives, and that character never appeared in a canon game after that -_-
---
3DS FC: 2535-3675-7160 PSN ID: Elemenalhero
"I'm no hero, never was , never will be" -Solid Snake
#38Saikyo MogPosted 10/13/2012 6:31:49 AM
Well, if they ever remake the game....again...Most likely it'll be a game where Chris and Jill are together (so there's your co-op) and either you always will get an ending where everyone survives, or perhaps they'll have it where you actually need to save both people in various spots....
---
"Listen....Do you smell something?" - Dr. Ray Stantz
http://www.youtube.com/user/SaikyoMog